DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 120,542 times)

SM

SM

Because aren't Wonder Woman and Aquaman like demigods, or immortal or something?  So they're tough.  Then Superman beat ten shades of shit out of him.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Aren't Aquaman and Wonder Woman supposed to be significantly more powerful than regular Atlanteans and Amazons?

SM

SM

Dunno.  Them Amazons seem pretty tough.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

True enough, but I don't recall seeing any of them lift and hurl an armored vehicle like WW did.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Amazons don't have any special powers, they are just normal women.  Fit women, but otherwise normal.

SM

Scorpio

Scorpio

Aside from the immortality.  I'm just going by the movie.  They never demonstrated great strength/durability/agility/stamina that could not be achieved by a normal athlete and they died by bullets.

SM

SM

They're not invulnerable.  If they were WW wouldn't need her shield and bracelets.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Wonder Woman's body is highly resistant against blunt force trauma, but she can still be cut, shot or burnt.  That's why she can slug it out with the likes of Doomsday and Mongul, but she has to use her bracelets or shield against blades, bullets or fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FltJckwjMco

Granted, DCAU WW can fly like Superman while DCEU WW can only jump (so far).  Otherwise, their powers are virtually identical.

ace3g

MudButt

MudButt

They need to release a better Suicide Squad sequel before they start announcing all of these spin-offs. I don't need a Joker movie, let alone two of them.

It amazes me how we have nothing on a Superman or Batman film. Our next three DC films are Shazam, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman 84. I'm excited for all three because of the directors and cast but I want this Matt Reeves Batman movie already. I loved Man of Steel and I am eagerly waiting for that sequel.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I just hope muh boy Aquaman gets a solid flick. He needs the respect. I've already given up all hope on this Flash. :-\

MudButt

MudButt

I truly hope WB and DC get it together. If Aquaman and Shazam are successful I think we'll get a lot more positive announcements soon. I feel like they're going to crush it this year at San Diego Comic Con. They are going to announce some big stuff.

SM

SM

Our old mucker SD Perry has been busy.

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed