Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 140,212 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: SIMULANT on Aug 17, 2013, 11:57:30 PM
Anyway back to the actual thread, in terms of a film being based in a desert film, there's plenty of films that have used it as a back drop in the last few years.

I know an ice setting has already been used in the first alien vs predator film but instead of a whaling station perhaps Alaska.

Basically 30 days of night with predators?

That could work too. But, there would need to be some kind of conflict. Remember that's what draws a Predator to an area. What sort of battle is going to be raged in an arctic wasteland?

AliceApocalypse

Corporations battling for oil and baby seals? 

Seriously, could be a secret base under siege?

HuDaFuK

I wouldn't say there HAS to be a war going on. After all, there was no war in Predators, and to be honest even in the original the war was kinda over once Arnie and his boys had killed absolutely everybody.

In my eyes the conflict thing is one of the more flexible aspects of the formula; the Predators may like the extra challenge that a surrounding conflict brings, and it would certainly help mask their activities, but if the setting was remote enough that they wouldn't be discovered I can see no reason why they wouldn't just stalk a bunch of people that weren't up to their neck in warfare. Still fits the idea to me.

DoomRulz

Yeah, warfare is what I refer to. A full-blown war is too much. A small conflict, even if it's just one gang vs. another is good enough.

monkeylove

Post-apocalyptic ruins, driven by peak oil, global warming, and economic collapse. After a few minutes into the movie, they feel sorry for humans and leave.  ;)

Hudson

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 19, 2013, 02:25:19 PM
Yeah, warfare is what I refer to. A full-blown war is too much. A small conflict, even if it's just one gang vs. another is good enough.

It's funny because the last three Predator films completely ignored this.

AvP is some bullshit rite of passage in the snow, AvPR is some bullshit secret agent trying to cover up evidence, and Predators is about a bunch of Predators who were too weak sauce to leave their bullshit planet to hunt people.

The conflict thing was integral to the first two movies in my opinion and I don't get why it's been ignored since then.

HuDaFuK

Well... the fact the Predator in AVPR was cleaning up a mess created by the Predators actually pretty much explains away the need for surrounding conflict, so that makes sense (and I never thought I would EVER find myself defending something about that movie).

But as for the others.... Yeah, they just ignored it. With Predators, I'd say it was probably just done to reduce the scale so the film was cheaper to make.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 20, 2013, 06:22:42 AM

AvP is some bullshit rite of passage in the snow, AvPR is some bullshit secret agent trying to cover up evidence, and Predators is about a bunch of Predators who were too weak sauce to leave their bullshit planet to hunt people.

The conflict thing was integral to the first two movies in my opinion and I don't get why it's been ignored since then.

The AvP movies weren't Predator films...

Hudson

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 20, 2013, 11:14:09 AM
Quote from: Hudson on Aug 20, 2013, 06:22:42 AM

The AvP movies weren't Predator films...

I'd say they're both Alien and Predator films, whether we like it or not.

It's like people who still refer to The Alien Trilogy. Doesn't exist.

DoomRulz

They're AvP movies, nothing more. That's why they have separate titles.

Hudson

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 21, 2013, 11:28:30 AM
They're AvP movies, nothing more. That's why they have separate titles.

Separate titles, with both other franchise titles in them.  ;)

DoomRulz

So? I still consider them movies unto themselves with no ties to the others.

Hudson

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 21, 2013, 06:02:12 PM
So? I still consider them movies unto themselves with no ties to the others.

That's fine.

Jegeren

I'd like it in a jungle planet in the future. I'd like to see Predators take on futuristic humans in a movie to further showcase their technological prowess. That way you can see them use more toys to combat upgraded humans.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Jegeren on Sep 11, 2013, 12:02:14 AM
I'd like it in a jungle planet in the future. I'd like to see Predators take on futuristic humans Colonial Marines in a movie to further showcase their technological prowess. That way you can see them use more toys to combat upgraded humans.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed