SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 61,088 times)

Alien³

Thank you!

Just to state (and to sound overconfident) if my idea was ever brought to the big screen it would redeem Prometheus and bring the franchise back to its former glory.

Cvalda

Quote from: irn on Mar 28, 2013, 07:50:50 AM
CVALDA, have you wrote a screenplay sequel or something? Sorry I haven't seen anything and everyone is telling you to pitch to Scott Free. I'd love to have a look if you have though!
I don't do fan fiction, alas.

Zenzucht

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 27, 2013, 11:29:35 PM
Well, if I was given the opportunity I have an idea that would blow people's minds, and it would be possible to make for under $10,000,000. (Too cocky?)

Vote for me. ;)

Michael's, Noomi's Ridley's salaries together (or each) are already ten million I fear  :-[

I've got a few questions for you, Alien³, no offense.. How many screenplays have you already written? Where are you from? Do you work in the film industry or do you know someone who does?

Cvalda

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 28, 2013, 03:30:33 PM
Just to state (and to sound overconfident) if my idea was ever brought to the big screen it would redeem Prometheus and bring the franchise back to its former glory.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallNameBigEgo

Alien³

Alien³

Well I'm a self-published author, written several screenplays for fun but nothing I've taken overly seriously. I live in the UK, I don't work in the film industry (yet), and yep I know some people in the industry already.

Who's to say the cast from the first film would need to come back? Their story can be progressed without them being on screen. It's all about how you present it.

Spoiler
Thanks Cvalda. Maybe we should write together?
[close]

First Blood

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 28, 2013, 02:35:47 PM
I went into Scott Free Productions office today to find out more information, had a lovely chat with the receptionist who informed me (to no surprise) that my screenplay would need to be submitted by an agent. I'm well aware that it takes a lot of time and effort to get an agent, not to mention they're rarely listening, so for now that's my goal.

How to get an agent ASAP. :-\

I wish you the best of luck.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Nah you just need to retcon it all and have the Derelict Pilot be an actual alien thing -- and the Engineers just a highly advanced race of ancient humans who 'detached' themselves from the other 'tribes' early on in some way.

Won't fix the other problems of Prometheus but it'll get the series back on track.

Cvalda

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 28, 2013, 04:10:19 PM
I don't want to spoil your vision.

Alien³

I will try my hardest to get an agent ASAP, but after talking to receptionist its horrible to think if I had one now I could have the screenplay on Scott Free Productions desk by next week. That's how she described it anyway.

Silly agents. Some if them you need an agent to get an agent. What a world we live in.

Zenzucht

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 28, 2013, 04:10:19 PM
Well I'm a self-published author, written several screenplays for fun but nothing I've taken overly seriously. I live in the UK, I don't work in the film industry (yet), and yep I know some people in the industry already.

Who's to say the cast from the first film would need to come back? Their story can be progressed without them being on screen. It's all about how you present it.

Spoiler
[close]

That sounds good :)

Good luck ;)

Cvalda

You're not going to get an agent submitting a franchise spec script, btw. They'll throw it in the the trash without looking at it. You've got to submit one of your original specs with a nice cover letter and synopsis (properly written to industry standard), and even then you will likely need a referral from someone "known", because most agencies refuse to look at anything without one.

Alien³

Alien³

Yep, I've read all about how it works. ;)

In no way am I delusional enough to think I have a chance.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spoiler
I'm sure you'd pull off something better than what we'll end up getting anyway.
[close]

Cvalda

Don't worry, Omega -- we won't be getting anything at all ;)

Thank you, Development Hell <3

Alien³

Thank you Omega. :-*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed