Childhood bands/artists

Started by Ratchetcomand, Feb 14, 2013, 09:39:50 PM

Author
Childhood bands/artists (Read 3,216 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Lots of Punk, Grunge, and varying degrees of Metal.

Yeah, my tastes have changed drastically to say the least.

Vepariga

Vepariga

My Dad is a Rock/Metal fan so I grew up with classic rock music like

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Dragon
and so on..

So as I grew and in the 90's I got into bands like

Nirvana
Silverchair
Cranberries
and such..

These days I'm into everything that sounds good,aside from country music and most rap.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I never officially got into any music till grade 7 or 8 when music class served as a wake up call. We had to talk about a song of our choosing, the notes and that.

I picked O Canada because it was the only thing I really knew of.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Heh, every year in middle school we had to do a 'big' (by middle school standards, at least :P ) project on a musician. Which was bad for me, because at that stage in my life, like I said, I hated music. Like, I couldn't even name a single person/band my classmates were talking about because I simply didn't care.

But anyways, 6th grade I chose to write about Johnny Cash because my parents suggested it, 7th we had to right about so old classic composers and whatnot, and 8th I chose Aerosmith, again not exactly by choice. Everyone else in the class was doing modern day bands/musicians, and I was just struggling to get through the projects. Now Johnny Cash is one of my all time favorite musicians and Aerosmith is a band that I very much enjoy listening to :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

In grade school, I like a good mix between pop and rock. In High School, I was really into metal but now I like alternative rock more. I still like a lot of older rock and metal music though.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Korn and Everclear were the bands that really pulled me through. From the pre-teens and into early adulthood.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I already listened to hard rock at the age of 7 so Black Sabbath, The Doors, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Jethro Tull, Thin Lizzy, ZZ Top, Deep Purple, R.E.M., etc. All of that before hitting 10. In retrospect it's nothing to brag about and I distanced myself from most of those bands but I consider it a good education from my dad.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Three Days Grace
Linkin Park
Breaking Benjamin
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Evanescence
Nirvana
AC/DC

It's funny. I still listen to a lot of these bands from time to time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed