is primal hunt worth buying?

Started by xenopred66, Jan 28, 2007, 07:26:31 PM

Author
is primal hunt worth buying? (Read 3,052 times)

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

Whynoy get Gold edition for both Primal Hunt and the original? That way, it will be longer.

Porkus Maximus

Don't buy it.  The single players is ridiculously short and the multiplayer is even more unstable than regular AVP2.  Putting down a sentry gun or getting into a turret causes so much lag it's unreal.  Also, the rainbow coloured predator cloak looks horrible.

Snowfox

Snowfox

I think it balances out the races much more evenly, there's just not many people playing online.

Porkus Maximus

I disagree.  IMO Aliens are probably the weakest race in the game, mostly due to shitty map design and they got weakened even more because their stun moves are less effective.  Marine sentry guns were amazingly cheesy because they counted as a suicide if they killed you and the corps got seriously weakened with only a 15m motion tracker.  Doesn't matter if it can detect behind you cuz the range is so short that your opponent will be in your face only after a single blip.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It a pretty fun game but it so damn short. I think you should buy it because you can find it under 10$ at EBgames.

Corporal Hicks

Worth buying to kill a day or two. If it's cheap.

Snowfox

Snowfox

I installed AvP and Primal Hunt for the first time in years and started off with P.H.

I have to say once I went back to original AvP it seemed like the sides were ridiculously unbalanced.

I remember the untouchable preds spitting out plasma and even if he missed by 50 feet I'd get stunned as an alien and he could just shoot a stationary target one more time to get the kill.

P.H. on the other hand, I almost always win with an alien.

I'd say humans get shafted in both, though.

EPA1337

EPA1337

I think its worth it. I'd give it 7/10. Not on par with Avp2 but still good. But yes, it was short.

Xhan

Xhan

It's actually more balanced in terms of tweaking, but there are mods like AJLs that spank it for lunch with change back, and Porkus said, the rainbow cloak is rather fruity. The PredAlien campaign is solid, Dunya's is simply HORDES of Aliens screeing at you from every angle (if you ever wanted to play ALIENS: THE GAME, here you go.) ANd the Predator campiagn is solid in terms of design but the Pred ship.... just sucks... bad. Worst level design ever.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I liked Dunya though.. nice Russian accent.  ;)  The predalien mission is quite hard because of those droids with the sniper rifles - took me some time to complete it.

But those spawing aliens, yeah.. 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked the predalien campaign.

Predator campaign was meh for the most part.  I only liked the last level for Dunya.

I played multi like a half dozen times.  Even when it was first released nobody played.

F.E.A.R. did the same thing.  Did a game where nothing really varies, which I was cool with for the most part, then makes the mistake of releasing expansions where you do...............the exact same thing!

Wildbird

Wildbird

Marine campaign is awesome.

EPA1337

EPA1337

Quote from: Wildbird on Jan 07, 2008, 11:44:43 PM
Marine campaign is awesome.

It's corporate by the way. And i agree it was fun. But way to short.

Bza

Bza

I recently played this.  Its ok, and I agree with what most of you been saying before....the single player missions are way short.  I prefered AVP2 game though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed