Guess the review score

Started by spacemarine, Jan 25, 2013, 12:28:20 PM

Author
Guess the review score (Read 12,844 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

About time to resurrect this thread! I expect it to flop like Too Human did, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it got 5.5 or 6.5 out of 10 on Gamespot. I bet Kevin van Ord's gonna review it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm still expecting this game to get a 7...but it feels like it COULD get less, but I'm doubting it for some reason.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

The most PATHETIC thing is we all were mad how SEGA rushed AVP 2010 ahead of A:CM and we felt that AVP 2010 was indeed a rushed product make for an easy cash-in so in turn we expected even more from A:CM, to be finally this serious, very well-conceived game that is finally going to make the series justice...But guess not. We'll have to wait for yet another such instance!!! Which might never happen btw.

Oh and I wouldn't put too much hope in Creative Assembly's next Alien IP coz this is their console dev team having nothing in common with the team from Total War series and other quality PC games...Those console devs from that team made Viking: Battle for Asgard (70/100 metacritic), and Stormrise, that pathetic RTS for consoles (48/100 metacritic, 360 version, PC version got 42/100!) :D

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 28, 2013, 05:43:21 PM
Quote from: spacemarine on Jan 28, 2013, 05:40:48 PM
The way I see it people who are not fans of the Alien or Predator franchise might not give it its full potential review score.
Like with me am no fan of the Call of duty series  ;)and I would not give it a good score no matter how good it was.

I think it will actually go the other way around. Fans will be harsher in their reviews because of their love for the films. While other, more common players, do not share that, and will be able to judge it just on being a game.

Yea... score it on being a game... then add a mark because it's aliens and it has pulse rifle's in it. The best thing about the previews and reviews is the amount of lines/puns from the movies, that are tryin to get squeezed in.

Elicas

Elicas

Depends what review scale you're using, as they have been horribly slewed over the last few years. 50/100 should be bang on average, and you're all worried about the game getting a 65%-70% mark being a sign of average or mediocrity! From the three hours of campaign footage and hour or so of multiplayer I've watched, I'd expect it to get around 40% single player, 50% multiplayer. In todays inflated scores, that'd be around a 55%-60% single player and around 70%-75% multiplayer.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 10:22:08 AM
I'm still expecting this game to get a 7...but it feels like it COULD get less, but I'm doubting it for some reason.

+1 they not gonna give a 6 even if it deserve a 6 because its a fan game and fanboys will enjoy it

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 08, 2013, 12:16:20 PM

+1 they not gonna give a 6 even if it deserve a 6 because its a fan game and fanboys will enjoy it

Wrong.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 08, 2013, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Feb 08, 2013, 12:16:20 PM

Wrong.

Actually, he's absolutely right. If the reviewers are big Aliens fans, they're more likely to be lenient to the game for any short comings it may have.

unwittytitle

unwittytitle

I would like to ammend my previous guess; as of 10:53 am EST on Feb. 14 2013, this game will have a metacritic score of 53.

shadowedge

shadowedge

I'd guess that Alien fans would be extra hard on this game rather than lenient because they love the franchise so much. The want it be good and if it is not then they will let you know.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: shadowedge on Feb 08, 2013, 09:31:12 PM
I'd guess that Alien fans would be extra hard on this game rather than lenient because they love the franchise so much. The want it be good and if it is not then they will let you know.

It could go either way. I am just going to wait and see for myself.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: shadowedge on Feb 08, 2013, 09:31:12 PM

With someone who has an arse as tight as mine, sure, but I've heard many people who have been playing this game say things akin to "It has problems... But it's got the Aliens atmosphere, and I love Aliens. SO its... Its still decent!"

Almost a denial thing, at times.

First Blood

First Blood

IGN - 5.5

If I win, do I get a no-prize?

reecebomb

reecebomb

Im expecting the game will get worse scores than AvP2010. Median will be 5~6. I guess some reviewers will give 4 and some up to 8.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gren_86 on Jan 27, 2013, 07:45:41 AM
However, the crucial crowd gatherer will always remain the MP counterpart. Its called competitive multiplayer for a reason.

Back in the days when the first 'Battlefield' game got released, maybe. These days, not so much. If you want to have a multiplayer game, what's stopping you from just turning on one of the many you've already got? Or just buying the much cheaper 2010 AVP game?

That a multiplayer mode exists will not be enough to differentiate it from the countless other shooter clones out there.

QuoteMost importantly when you play from a xeno perspective, there is a deficit of horror and suspense because you practically are the source material for those feelings.

That's assuming you want to play it to be scared. The effect should be the opposite if you played as an Alien - empowerment. If you included both options for two different campaigns, you'd have a balance. You could fire one up if you want to be scared and fire up the other if you want to feel empowered.

Of course, after looking through some of the videos, so far, I'm not sure you'll feel terribly frightened when playing as a Marine, anyway, which makes the entire subject irrelevant. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed