IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd)

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Author
IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd) (Read 85,980 times)

ShadowPred

Acid in the campaign is barely doing anything. So f**king clear that it's basically nothing to worry about when the Smart Gun segment came up, and the xenos exploded right on his face with an explosion of acid. One look at his life bar, and NOTHING happened. Lame.

Private W Hudson

LOL, See how much damage that alien done when it pounced on that guy haha, the hole team died within 2 minutes. Damn.. them aliens are hardcore >_>

ShadowPred

f**k yeah, escape mode!

acrediblesource

Quote from: Private W Hudson on Feb 03, 2013, 02:33:50 AM
Man.. that was some awesome campaign footage again, all the easter eggs and what not. Really got me excited but yeah the facial expressions are pathetic, not gonna lie.

Facial expressions of ....whom? Not the NPC character actors right?  Because there's enough detail there IMHO.

ShadowPred

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 03, 2013, 02:57:12 AM
Quote from: Private W Hudson on Feb 03, 2013, 02:33:50 AM
Man.. that was some awesome campaign footage again, all the easter eggs and what not. Really got me excited but yeah the facial expressions are pathetic, not gonna lie.

Facial expressions of ....whom? Not the NPC character actors right?  Because there's enough detail there IMHO.

The NPC's yes. There's no emotion there. Did you see in the beginning the guy getting chest bursted? His face was devoid of anything while it was happening, and after the chestburster appeared. There was no emotion then, and there's none now.

Also, you're talking about "detail", which is completely different than what I am talking about here.

Deathly_rYaN

Im liking the Entire game especially Escape mode looks way fun. Love how when your dead your viewing players like through the camera on the headset but in third person perspective. I just hate how in multiplayer the Motion tracker warning shows up. Takes away little of the suprise

MrSpaceJockey

Well that was fun.

Gameplay itself is honestly is persuading me to get the game wayyy more than the trailers did. Lighting, textures, all looks a lot better.

acrediblesource

2:40 minutes!!! Man i hope IGN uploads this to Youtube in HD.
I totally missed about half hour of it right after they starting doing customization in MP then i got back right when they were going through Ultimate Badass mode. I  don't think i missed much though.

Nightlord

:laugh: The alien bugged out in ultimate badass mode.

Private W Hudson

Well time for me to go to bed, i am so excited for this game now. It truly is looking great, I cannot wait. Deffo a day one buy from me.

ShadowPred

I found it a bit funny how Ultimate Badass mode removes the entire hud, but the hit markers are still present.

Stringer2355

There were hesitant to play "Sulaco Falls" on Ultimate Badass, spoilers

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Njm1983 on Feb 03, 2013, 01:29:35 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 03, 2013, 01:22:05 AM
Ugh...disappearing Xeno corpses.

minor

Super minor. But, you know how people are here. Bodies in Resident Evil disappear to this day.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 03, 2013, 01:33:06 AM
Chest bursting scene sucked in regards to to facial reaction of the character it happened to.

Oh, and more canon talk...as if we somehow forgot.

"You'll feel that Alien 3 is a better film for it."

f**k off!

EDIT

Apparently the mind set of the new xenos are that it's all part of some sort of Alien Hive hierarchy. We'll get to see how the Spitter and such even exist....they'll also...show what might happen without a queen, or at least the question was considered by the team. And so on...so at the very least, there should be, I think, more than one explanation for the different kinds of Xenos. Hopefully mostly all of them are good.

I like the idea that this extra story can fill in gaps and make Alien 3 better/more logical. But to each their own.

Njm1983

I think the most interesting defect I saw was the way the aliens would sort of just stand there after being shot, even in ultimate badass mode.

I feel pretty secure with my pre-order now. Looking forward to it.

Corporate Merc

Well all in all it actually does look like THE aliens game that ive been waiting a long time for. Between the campaign, mp and not to mention the insane amount of customization options. Iam personally very stoked than I ever was before for this game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed