IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd)

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Author
IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd) (Read 85,667 times)

WinterActual

The both rifles have the exact same stopping power.

Omega1

If Hudson's pulse rifle is burst only then consider that the final nail in the coffin to the "it's the most authentic Aliens experience to date" statement, even if it is just an option it wouldn't make any damned sense since the Marines have to manually control their rate of fire if not shooting fully automatic "Remember, short CONTROLLED bursts" (go watch Aliens and anybody with half a brain can figure that out).

I have been concerned about this game for some time now, ever since they started with the whole "this game is canon" BS. However I have been invested in the Aliens Colonial Marines game since 2001 which is when I first read about the concept in a Playstation magazine, hence why I feel like I have to buy this game even if it goes against my better judgement.

I have also refrained myself from posting about my concerns here as I was shot down by the majority of the posters here when it came to my concerns about Prometheus before it came out, which was a movie that turned out worse than even I could imagine.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 12:08:45 PM
yes but there are 3 pulse rifles in total, I meant that sentence differentiated classic one and Hudson's one...

WinterActual

Hudson's rifle and the old variant are exactly the same except that Hudson's rifle is burst fire only.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 06, 2013, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 12:08:45 PM
yes but there are 3 pulse rifles in total, I meant that sentence differentiated classic one and Hudson's one...

Wait a minute... We have three variants of Pulse Rifle in the game?

What? I thought it was just the Mark 2 and Hudson's?

szkoki

what? the army made a pulse rifle specially for pvt Hudson? xD

i thought there is 2 version, the one we saw in the movie and the mark 2 wich can be modified

Salt The Fries

As some kind of a technician he might have overriden some mechanisms in the rifle to keep it personalized. That's my guess. Or one of those weapons had upgraded stats while the other one hadn't.

saintbenzie

When I was watching the IGN live stream I noticed something that worries me about the polish of the final game. During the first mission when you cut down the Marine from the wall he screams "Ahhh, Shoot that thing!" and then when you fall and it becomes a QTE it loops the exact same phrase. This is so early on in the game this makes me wonder about what the later levels will be like.

For something that they feel is the final retail code of the game you would think someone would find this odd. At first I thought it may be an audio glitch until he replayed the level in Ultimate Badass mode. Did anyone else notice this? It seems the more and more they go into saying how much detail they put into the game the easier it is to pick apart the inconsistencies.

Hopefully the story makes up for the shortcomings of the game itself and the "details" that were proven wrong by many board members already. Don't get me wrong, I am picking this game up day one and will no doubt have a blast with it but I think a game that's been in development for this long for the sake of "detail" should be at least seem polished to that extent.

Remonster

I imagine Hudson's pulse rifle is the same thing as Hicks' Shotgun. Slight visual difference, and more firepower. The guy on the IGN preview said they have several special weapons, and they're probably hidden in the game levels.

PLEXI

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 06, 2013, 02:20:41 PM
i thought there is 2 version, the one we saw in the movie and the mark 2 wich can be modified
If there is a third variant, it is porbably the M41A utilized by the Apesuits at the end of Alien 3. Probably used by the synthetics/WY soldiers in the game. If so, I won't complain.

Unless we're counting Ripley's Ultimate Weapon.

JokersWarPig

This is an accurate representation of what the thread and the pulse rifle revelation has done to me.

Its not enough for me to not buy the game...but gah is gonna bother me and I'm not gonna be able to use the weapon.

Local Trouble

Maybe the radiation mutated Hudson's pulse rifle too.

Byohzrd

Menu screens. mostly loadout options

roundhouse?

it seems smoke screen is just an ability for the Spitter at the moment

Lie

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 06, 2013, 04:20:33 PM
This is an accurate representation of what the thread and the pulse rifle revelation has done to me.
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac273/JokersWarPig68/MemeCenter_1360166944907_734_zpsb74c5397.jpg

Its not enough for me to not buy the game...but gah is gonna bother me and I'm not gonna be able to use the weapon.

But that's how Hudson used it, he never did a massive sprays he always fired in "Short controlled bursts".

OpenMaw

Quote from: Lie on Feb 06, 2013, 05:09:38 PM
But that's how Hudson used it, he never did a massive sprays he always fired in "Short controlled bursts".

I wouldn't exactly call Hudson's control of his weapon "controlled." He's clearly not firing a regulated burst. He's firing random volleys.

Short, controlled, bursts is not the same thing as burst fire. A burst fire mode is a regulated function of the gun to a 3, 5, or 7(I think) round mechanism. Hudson very clearly is squeezing off rounds in an uneven, fully automatic, mode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed