Will ACM set itself up for a sequel?

Started by Xenoscream, Jan 15, 2013, 02:51:43 PM

Author
Will ACM set itself up for a sequel? (Read 2,690 times)

Jango1201

If a sequel is made and Hicks Is alive then he should be the main playable character.

Vers

Vers

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 16, 2013, 12:36:54 AM
I have a feeling they will leave it for sequels. They'll probably keep Hicks alive and GB will think they're saving the Alien saga.

Somehow, I don't think they will. I think they'll give him the death he deserved, which won't include sleeping or a pipe falling on his face.

PsyKore

Quote from: Vers on Jan 16, 2013, 06:41:30 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 16, 2013, 12:36:54 AM
I have a feeling they will leave it for sequels. They'll probably keep Hicks alive and GB will think they're saving the Alien saga.

Somehow, I don't think they will. I think they'll give him the death he deserved, which won't include sleeping or a pipe falling on his face.
That would be nice. I'd like to see him go down fighting. However, Hicks is such a highly-regarded and loved character; it's too easy to keep a hold of him and bring more appeal for the game and any subsequent sequels, especially for a developer as fan-crazy as gearbox. It wouldn't surprise me if gearbox kept Hicks alive, not only because he's a loved character, but simply because a lot of people still haven't gotten over his cheap death and want to see a happy ending for him. The mere fact gearbox brought him back, the fanboy-ish nature behind it, makes me think Hicks might actually come out a hero, more or less. But it's anyone's guess, we'll have to see how his role in the game plays out.

p1nk81cd

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 15, 2013, 11:53:51 PM
If it's fun as f**k, and a bit unique...f**king go for it.

THIS.

Am I the only one who wants a game set in the Resurrection era? Oh wait, there is a game for that...and it kicked arse!!! :laugh:

Falk

Falk

Spoiler
I'm wondering HOW they are exactly having him alive?

Even if the story is silly or convoluted, or even a cop-out, like a Twin Brother Brian Hicks, or something, does anyone know the story yet, or is that something they have kept a good enough job with spoiler prevention?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed