In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,823 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Supposedly the death toll might be much higher in China than is being reported because satellites are tracking the chemicals that people who are cremated produce when their bodies are burned in far greater numbers in multiple locations than what is being reported.

Like 4 x as much. 

Huggs

Huggs

I hear NK is acting like they don't have a single case either.

Reminds me of that South Korean chapter from WWZ.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 14, 2020, 04:32:39 AM
Supposedly the death toll might be much higher in China than is being reported because satellites are tracking the chemicals that people who are cremated produce when their bodies are burned in far greater numbers in multiple locations than what is being reported.

Like 4 x as much.
Nope.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's still not killing anything like as many people as the regular flu kills every year.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The flu is a global community driven seasonal illness. It has access to more vulnerably populations which means more deaths.

I don't think we have enough data on this virus to take it lightly.

Huggs

Huggs

We'll see what happens. It could still go either way.

You can't find medical masks around here right now, so I picked up some hardware masks while I was out today. Beats nothing.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I would have figured you had a full hazmat suit just hanging in your closet for situations like this.

Huggs

Huggs

It's against my minimalist tendencies.

A guy I used to know might have some extras though. He turned to prepping after his wife left him. Last I heard he was hiding underground waiting for the world to run out of oil and beans.

I couldn't get one from him anyway. Nobody knows where he is.  :laugh:

Shinawi

Shinawi

When I learned that the masks already ran out in the other countries, I bought 2 boxes of masks before it began to run out here. I wish I bought more. I thought about buying more at a later date, but I was too lazy. That was last month.

According to this, the situation began to get severe in late December, meaning that it began before that:

This is the first news clip that I watched about the virus. This news was late. In reality, the situation was already dire by that time:

The news media where I live in began to report about this very late in mid-January. On YouTube, people uploaded translations of the people in Wuhan who reported about this. Here's an English version:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shinawi on Feb 16, 2020, 01:12:38 AM
When I learned that the masks already ran out in the other countries, I bought 2 boxes of masks before it began to run out here.

Where's "here" Shinawi?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Feb 14, 2020, 06:33:13 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 14, 2020, 04:32:39 AM

Like 4 x as much.
Nope.

There is no link. 

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 14, 2020, 08:28:14 AM
It's still not killing anything like as many people as the regular flu kills every year.

The flu is multiple viruses world wide and people are comparing those totals yearly to a death toll that is only two and a half months in.

Even though I did read that the flu is greatly outpacing the coronavirus ATM, it's already several world wide viruses and not one infection originating from one spot.

SiL

SiL

Here:

fullfact.org/health/satellites-wuhan-sulphur-dioxide-coronavirus/

The maps cited are predictive and don't show real-time data.

The spread of the virus outside of China isn't matching anything like the numbers in China, leading many to believe the virus is more than containable with proper protocols which weren't observed in the early stages of the outbreak.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 16, 2020, 04:27:13 AM
When I learned that the masks already ran out in the other countries, I bought 2 boxes of masks before it began to run out here.

Where's "here" Shinawi?
Here is South Korea. I'm originally from the States.

I checked the pharmacy. Fortunately, the masks are back in stock. Korea manufactures a lot of mask. There's usually a big demand for masks because of the air pollution from another country.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shinawi on Feb 16, 2020, 09:32:58 AM

Where's "here" Shinawi?

I checked the pharmacy. Fortunately, the masks are back in stock. Korea manufactures a lot of mask. There's usually a big demand for masks because of the air pollution from another country.

Understood. You're close to the heart of it. I just read recrntly how it permeated North Korea. Good luck over there.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 16, 2020, 02:07:00 PM
Quote from: Shinawi on Feb 16, 2020, 09:32:58 AM

Where's "here" Shinawi?

Understood. You're close to the heart of it. I just read recrntly how it permeated North Korea. Good luck over there.
Thanks. I hope it stays safe over there, too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed