In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,581 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Unlike many phobias, the fear of flying is one I entirely understand, even if I don't suffer from it myself.

Huggs

Huggs

My father used to think I was nuts about avoiding air travel. I'm not afraid of it, I just don't feel it offers me any reasonable measure of safety for the gain of a few less hours travel time.

Now that you can't seem to go a few days without some type of aircraft going down or having issues in some part of the world, he doesn't question it anymore. That and all the flights that get diverted due to unruly passengers. Etc. Etc.

I was born on the ground. I like it down here.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on May 27, 2019, 09:11:59 PMNow that you can't seem to go a few days without some type of aircraft going down or having issues in some part of the world, he doesn't question it anymore.

That's really not the case though. Commercial airline crashes are still incredibly infrequent, especially in the western world. Last year there were 5 fatal commercial airline incidents. The year before there were none.

You're substantially more likely to get killed in a car crash on the ground.

The big difference, of course, is that in an airline crash you a) have absolutely no control over what's going on and b) depending on the nature of the incident, have a much higher probability of dying should something go wrong.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Wow.

I mean, I've had some traumatic dumps in my time, but that...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I've felt empty after a good poop but that's taking the biscuit

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If only I could choose the memories to load into my poop before I drop my payload...

SM

SM

Word.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 28, 2019, 08:19:59 AM
The big difference, of course, is that in an airline crash you a) have absolutely no control over what's going on and b) depending on the nature of the incident, have a much higher probability of dying should something go wrong.

and c) a fatal car crash often happens so instantly you never knew what took you out from this world (there are exceptions, of course), whereas a plane spiraling to the ground, you have those horrifying few minutes waiting for a certain death (exceptions to that too, massive mid-air explosion, for example). It is literally George Carlin's two minute warning like football. You're getting a warning from Mr. Death. "You have two minutes before you die."

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Huggs on May 27, 2019, 09:11:59 PMNow that you can't seem to go a few days without some type of aircraft going down or having issues in some part of the world, he doesn't question it anymore.

That's really not the case though. Commercial airline crashes are still incredibly infrequent, especially in the western world. Last year there were 5 fatal commercial airline incidents. The year before there were none.

That's why I said "some type of aircraft". A private plane hits a house, a helicopter crashes in the river, a big plane gets shot down over God knows where, or just goes missing, gets redirected due to an unruly passenger attacking someone, etc.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2019, 01:42:32 PM
Woman "Loses 10 Years of Memories" Due To An Enormous Poop

It could be worse. Ask Elvis.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2019, 05:24:52 AM

That's why I said "some type of aircraft". A private plane hits a house, a helicopter crashes in the river, a big plane gets shot down over God knows where, or just goes missing, gets redirected due to an unruly passenger attacking someone, etc.

It could be worse. Ask Elvis.

Or poor Gigi

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Seems like either this is baloney (the article admits it may well be) or the poor lady had a stroke and a useless doctor failed to spot it, in which case it isn't so funny.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 29, 2019, 09:17:34 PM

Seems like either this is baloney (the article admits it may well be) or the poor lady had a stroke and a useless doctor failed to spot it, in which case it isn't so funny.

That's what I was thinking.

But it's more than likely bogus.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Mar 05, 2014, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: Rong on Mar 05, 2014, 08:01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure in the past you self identified as one hahah

WHAT? I made no such post.

Spoiler
Could you remind me where it is? Can't have people knowing these things about me.
[close]

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 05, 2014, 08:00:04 PM
Everybody already knows you're a sociopath, Xeno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBTriz9IB0#ws
Sorrow and cute aggression. I am a psychopath of the Hervey cleckley variety. Clinical? Pathological? Is this permanent?!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed