In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,755 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

THERE'S A POLITICAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND PRIVATE MESSAGES FOR A REASON, USE THEM

Dubai may be experimenting with flying drone taxis this summer

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

One step closer to the Jetsons...

Gate

Gate

Flying vehicles are extremely inefficient on a large-scale, which is why Elon Musk intends to push for underground transit systems. Just a single-use helicoptor flight is insane on the fuel cost. It would keep the fossil fuel industry strong for a while, too.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Over a long enough timeframe, hopefully electric aircraft will become viable. IIRC it'd take at least double the typical energy density of today's lithium-ion batteries. Elon Musk does have an idea for a vertical takeoff electric jet, but I'm not sure what that would be contingent on, and certainly wouldn't be for the masses.

In the meantime, yeah, his Boring Company sounds great. Tunnels will become particularly viable for electric cars, as there wouldn't be a need for venting of exhaust gases.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Here's a good read for you guys..

The Fallacy of the Theory of Evolution!!

http://comicbok.com/

Sabby

Sabby

The f**king page banner is mispelt.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Well, this is a creationist that we are talking about after all.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Fallacy of the Theory of Hyperlinks

:laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I had a biology professor give a pretty good explanation on theories. They have yet to be disproved after years upon years of testing and research. Setting out to deliberately prove or disprove something based on an agenda renders the experiment invalid due to a lack of objectivity.

Clearly his book is based on a vendetta against evolution and should be disregarded.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Deathbearer on Feb 19, 2017, 05:16:23 PM
I had a biology professor give a pretty good explanation on theories. They have yet to be disproved after years upon years of testing and research. Setting out to deliberately prove or disprove something based on an agenda renders the experiment invalid due to a lack of objectivity.

Clearly his book is based on a vendetta against evolution and should be disregarded.

Correct. A theory, in the scientific sense, is just a collection of data that supports a conclusion or has explanatory power. New information or better understanding can change that conclusion, so all theories, and knowledge, in general, are accepted tentatively. But you reach a point where so much is understood about a concept that in order to be wrong about it, much of what we know about reality has to be completely f**ked over, to the point of rendering observable science broken.

Evolution is one of the best understood and documented scientific theories we have. Unless we're living in a very meticulously maintained illusion that is presenting a coherent and testable falsehood, it's not being disproven.

Shinawi

Shinawi

https://www.yahoo.com/news/european-parliament-ends-visa-free-131026287.html
QuoteEuropean Parliament ends visa-free travel for Americans

The European Parliament has voted to end visa-free travel for Americans within the EU.

It comes after the US failed to agree visa-free travel for citizens of five EU countries—Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Poland and Romania—as part of a reciprocity agreement. US citizens can normally travel to all countries in the bloc without a visa.

The vote by the parliament's civil liberties committee means Americans will have to apply for extra documents for the next 12 months.

The European Commission discovered three years ago that the US was not meeting its obligations under the reciprocity agreement but has not yet taken any legal action.

Australia, Brunei, Japan and Canada were also failing in their obligations, but all four have lifted, or are soon to lift, any visa restrictions on travel for EU citizens.

Following the committee's vote the Commission must act to suspend the visa waiver for Americans, but the European Parliament or the Council of Europe may object.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Hey, anyone heard about this kid Danielle Bregoli?

I only just heard about all this today on a Facebook link, the whole Dr. Phil debacle etc...I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. Anyone recall the Simpsons episode with Bart as the 'I didn't do it' boy?

Modern society huh.

SiL

SiL

Hey Hubbs, how come you never spoke out about those shootings in Canada a while back when a right-wing nutjob shot up some people in a Mosque?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2017, 10:18:00 AM
Hey Hubbs, how come you never spoke out about those shootings in Canada a while back when a right-wing nutjob shot up some people in a Mosque?

SiL

SiL

So Hubbs doesn't mention it because it doesn't fit his narrative that only Muslims and immigrants commit crimes? Of course, it's so simple!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed