In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,743 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/28/north-korea-united-states-relations/87659264/

I don't like the sound of this. Can the US still fight ISIS and NK at the same time. Some people are worry that ISIS may team up with NK, but I doubt it. China can easily step in too. Who knows who side China may side with. Also NK has nukes, so I feel very worry now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 29, 2016, 06:04:11 AMSome people are worry that ISIS may team up with NK, but I doubt it.

I'll pretty confidently say the chances of that are literally zero.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I agree but this news scares me. Everyone freaking out as they believe it may be the end as we know it right now! NK does not care if they destroy the world, they want the US to be gone and take over South Korea. I don't think NK cares if China and Russia turns against them. They probably think that they will beat anyone. There is a chance that China may not play apart at all and stay natural. Same goes with Russia.

SiL

SiL

NK has shitty nukes and shitty rockets that will at best blow themselves up and anyone else who made a land invasion. China isn't going to side with NK and f**king ISIS of all people, and Russia is already doing a lot to murder the hell out of the Middle East in an attempt to stop ISIS/be relevant/make up for the 1980s.

Speaking of ISIS, meanwhile in Australia we recently had a TV personality say she wishes we'd band Muslims so she can feel safe. She was quickly likened to Trump.

And it's true: they're pretty similar. Nobody remembers why they know who they are, they're both blond, and they're both idiots.

You can't ban a religious ideology. You can't. The people who would actually come to your country to do harm? They'll just lie. It's not a race, it's not an ethnicity, it's not a geographical origin point, it's a belief system. Muslims can be black, white, yellow, pink, orange and blue. They can be born in any country.

That white European you let in? Could be Muslim. That American? Could'a been Muslim.

Seriously, how the hell do you screen for it? Do you require people applying for a visa send every photo from today back till the day they were born? A list of all known associates, full access to all emails, phonecalls, texts, and social media? Are you going to start asking the visa applicant, or worse, the immigration department, to start proving negatives?

Regardless of what you think of Islam -- I'm sure as shit not a fan -- you cannot ban Muslims, not just because it's unethical, but because it's the dumbest, most childish response possible to the situation and it cannot possibly work. The only way to ban Muslims would be to ban anyone from ever entering the country again.

Christ.

Whiskeybrewer

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know.  :'( I keep meaning to do a rewatch actually.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Last time i watched Babylon 5, i got up to the end of Season 3. I need to pick up where i left off.

I always loved how Londo said Garibaldi

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Season 2 - 4 were just fantastic. I think 1 is a struggle to get through and 5 was a stepdown because they didn't expect to be doing a 5th season.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Thats true, they wrapped up the story a season early. They only had the sub plots left over for Season 5. I did like some of the one -off episodes they did for the final season, worked well to expand everything and great that the final episode that had waiting until they knew it would end

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I believe I saw the pilot episode and that was it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It does deserve a complete watch

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think Netflix dropped it right after I started. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Season 1 is a struggle but if you can do it you should be fine.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So just like S1 of TNG then. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Lol and any Star Trek series. :laugh:

Apart from TOS, of course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed