In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,459 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Gate on Jul 16, 2016, 10:17:07 PM
The French were likely worried about retaliation attacks from angry citizens against non-radicalized muslims.
If that is the case then they did a good thing.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/13/nottinghamshire-police-becomes-first-force-to-record-misogyny-as/

''It also includes unwanted sexual advances, uninvited physical or verbal contact and using mobile phones to send unwanted messages.''

So saying hello to a woman in a bar or asking if she wants a drink etc could be seen as a hate crime?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Jul 18, 2016, 03:55:27 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/13/nottinghamshire-police-becomes-first-force-to-record-misogyny-as/

''It also includes unwanted sexual advances, uninvited physical or verbal contact and using mobile phones to send unwanted messages.''

So saying hello to a woman in a bar or asking if she wants a drink etc could be seen as a hate crime?
What next,just glancing at a women is a crime,bloody feminists.

Hubbs

Hubbs

misogyny hate crime training

LOL! typical modern day nonsense, how much more cushty do women want it? They virtually have the UK at their feet as it is! (as does anyone in the UK that basically isn't a white male).

The equality thing always makes me laugh. OK so women want equality in pay and jobs, OK sure no problem, I understand. But has anyone ever noticed that its always for nice jobs and highly paid jobs like doctors, lawyers, various roles in office jobs like management, executive roles, teaching, designers etc...Why do you never hear about equality for jobs like highway maintenance, street sweeper, rubbish collector, plumbing, security, electrician, gardener, bricklayer or basically any manual labour etc...Nope, never hear about the ladies wanting those types of jobs.

Doesn't anyone ever think about these stupid things affect men? I mean honesty, you can't even talk to a woman anymore without the fear of being arrested for something, unwanted stress and paranoia for us, no wonder we die earlier than women.

Unwanted physical or verbal contact or engagement is defined as exactly that and so can cover wolf-whistling and other similar types of contact.

So in essence, if you ask a lady out, or ask her for the time, or any info at all, or whatever. If said woman feels uncomfortable about that, she could report you? Of course I exaggerate but technically that's what its saying lol!

Last year, a building firm was investigated by police after a young woman, Poppy Smart, complained about "lecherous" men wolf-whistling at her in the street.

Really?? LOL! investigated for basically whistling...K, some serious fecking crimes going on in Nottingham! OK, I can see how it could be annoying and infantile at best, but reporting it to the police? And then the police investigating it?? Don't they have anything else better to do in Nottingham??

It was believed to be the first time police had ever investigated wolf whistling as a potential crime. The investigation was later dropped when Miss Smart said she was happy the men had been internally disciplined.

LOL! A potential crime!! Hark at it!! What is this world coming to  -_-

Oh how gracious of her, she dropped 'the case', the horrific case of some blokes whistling at her ::)
Never mind that they all could of lost their jobs over essentially nothing at all  -_-  Jesus!

Afghan Asylum seeker attacks people on train in Germany with axe, can we close the borders yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/19/islamic-state-flag-home-of-suspected-german-train-attacker

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 19, 2016, 03:17:05 AM
misogyny hate crime training

LOL! typical modern day nonsense, how much more cushty do women want it? They virtually have the UK at their feet as it is! (as does anyone in the UK that basically isn't a white male).

The equality thing always makes me laugh. OK so women want equality in pay and jobs, OK sure no problem, I understand. But has anyone ever noticed that its always for nice jobs and highly paid jobs like doctors, lawyers, various roles in office jobs like management, executive roles, teaching, designers etc...Why do you never hear about equality for jobs like highway maintenance, street sweeper, rubbish collector, plumbing, security, electrician, gardener, bricklayer or basically any manual labour etc...Nope, never hear about the ladies wanting those types of jobs.

Doesn't anyone ever think about these stupid things affect men? I mean honesty, you can't even talk to a woman anymore without the fear of being arrested for something, unwanted stress and paranoia for us, no wonder we die earlier than women.

Unwanted physical or verbal contact or engagement is defined as exactly that and so can cover wolf-whistling and other similar types of contact.

So in essence, if you ask a lady out, or ask her for the time, or any info at all, or whatever. If said woman feels uncomfortable about that, she could report you? Of course I exaggerate but technically that's what its saying lol!

Last year, a building firm was investigated by police after a young woman, Poppy Smart, complained about "lecherous" men wolf-whistling at her in the street.

Really?? LOL! investigated for basically whistling...K, some serious fecking crimes going on in Nottingham! OK, I can see how it could be annoying and infantile at best, but reporting it to the police? And then the police investigating it?? Don't they have anything else better to do in Nottingham??

It was believed to be the first time police had ever investigated wolf whistling as a potential crime. The investigation was later dropped when Miss Smart said she was happy the men had been internally disciplined.

LOL! A potential crime!! Hark at it!! What is this world coming to  -_-

Oh how gracious of her, she dropped 'the case', the horrific case of some blokes whistling at her ::)
Never mind that they all could of lost their jobs over essentially nothing at all  -_-  Jesus!

Afghan Asylum seeker attacks people on train in Germany with axe, can we close the borders yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/19/islamic-state-flag-home-of-suspected-german-train-attacker

I know, that is so f**king ridiculous!

I can understand genuinely vile verbal contact, like literally harassing a lady on a bus calling her all sorts of names and causing stress, fair enough.

But the way that law is worded...

"Excuse me, Miss, but do you know what time it is?"

"Oh my GOOD LORD! You hateful misogynistic git! That's it, Paula, call the police!"

And cat calling or wolf whistling, while a really infantile and annoying action is not a crime... what about all those other instances of people shouting vocally at someone? What about men being shouted random things at by idiots? Can they go to the police and report it and have it investigated?

What about if WE get unwanted physical or verbal contact from a woman? What do we do? "Defend" ourselves? Answer back? (So she can call the police on us for hateful unwanted verbal contact, hm?)

I'm all for both genders getting equality and protection from the law, but good lord, this is getting stupid now.

And regarding the attack in Germany, they apparently found an ISIS flag in his room. *Sigh*, how much longer are these attacks going to go on for? It is a sad world we live in and I am getting sick of innocent people being hurt by extremist f**ks.

Hubbs

Hubbs

The left are quite happy to risk more attacks rather than shut the borders or restrict immigration.

Everyone lights a candle, condemns it, sends out a stupid pointless hashtag and think they've dealt with it...until the next, and the next, and the next. So the vicious circle continues helped along by the left.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Every time I see things like "pray for *insert place*" I think to myself how that achieves next to nothing beyond showing some compassion which has a short half-life anyway.

My friend once told me years ago, "stop praying and start doing" in regards to our school work.

That same logic applies here. Instead of writing hashtags and changing Facebook profile pictures into country flags, people who care should strive to actively do what they can to help out if they are able to do so. We can still show support to victims through words, but we can also do our best to combat the threat of this lunacy.

I am sure there are those out there who donate to victims of terror attacks etc. This nuisance needs to be fought actively, not debated with. These maniacs only understand violence. Not having a go at truly innocent refugees seeking an honest new life and integration, but the assholes that sneak in with them who subscribe to the agenda of the extremists.

These attacks make me feel unsafe and concerned for my friends and family. Someone I knew was in the Istanbul airport during the bombing, he is fine thankfully. One of my friend's mom was in a bar in Turkey the day before it got attacked by terrorists... she was lucky, because she planned to actually go the next day but thankfully did not.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36834293

Shooting in Lincolnshire. 3 dead.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2016, 03:16:48 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36834293

Shooting in Lincolnshire. 3 dead.

These are sad and dangerous times, my friend.  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're thinking it was a domestic thing.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I noticed there seems to be an increase in gun violence, or even the presence of guns in the UK.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 19, 2016, 03:32:35 PM
I noticed there seems to be an increase in gun violence, or even the presence of guns in the UK.
Legal gun ownership has been on a steady increase in first world countries across the world, here in Canada at least 4 out of 10 people have licenses. On my street there's 6 gun owners and I live in the suburbs

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 19, 2016, 04:35:24 PM
Legal gun ownership has been on a steady increase in first world countries across the world, here in Canada at least 4 out of 10 people have licenses. On my street there's 6 gun owners and I live in the suburbs

You learn something new everyday.

I grew up thinking England and Canada banned guns and you could only use them at shooting ranges etc.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 19, 2016, 04:38:37 PMI grew up thinking England and Canada banned guns and you could only use them at shooting ranges etc.

As far as the UK goes, handguns and semi-automatic rifles are illegal (and there's no legitimate reason to own one of those anyway). Shotgun licences are still comparatively easy to get, licences for bolt-action rifles are much tougher to get these days but still possible.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 19, 2016, 04:38:37 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 19, 2016, 04:35:24 PM

You learn something new everyday.

I grew up thinking England and Canada banned guns and you could only use them at shooting ranges etc.
Canada is actually surprising lax when it comes to firearm ownership, all you have to do is a 10 hour class followed by passing a quick written and hands on test and you're pretty much good to go. There's restricted and non-restricted, non restricted is pretty much any rifle/shotgun that is relatively difficult to conceal, restricted is everything else. The only thing that sucks is that with restricted some rifles meet the requirements to be non restricted but aren't because, no lie, they looks scary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed