Author
In The News (Read 1,418,410 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry, what? Surely we're not at that point yet...  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 22, 2016, 02:26:29 AM
Everyone knows the only life that can thrive in those Antarctic conditions is Chuck Norris.

RELEASE CHUCK NORRIS!

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jun 22, 2016, 04:00:08 AM
Europe's robots to become 'electronic persons' under draft plan

QuoteEurope's growing army of robot workers could be classed as "electronic persons" and their owners liable to paying social security for them if the European Union adopts a draft plan to address the realities of a new industrial revolution.

While I agree in principle, I don't think that we should consider any machine without a conscience a "person"... its property... we are nowhere near close to an AI rebellion.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Gate on Jun 22, 2016, 10:45:33 PM

QuoteEurope's growing army of robot workers could be classed as "electronic persons" and their owners liable to paying social security for them if the European Union adopts a draft plan to address the realities of a new industrial revolution.

While I agree in principle, I don't think that we should consider any machine without a conscience a "person"... its property... we are nowhere near close to an AI rebellion.
You know that's exactly what they said about skynet, and we all know what happened there

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 22, 2016, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 22, 2016, 02:26:29 AM
Everyone knows the only life that can thrive in those Antarctic conditions is Chuck Norris.

RELEASE CHUCK NORRIS!
This is what Chuck Norris said after a extremely minor snow flurry in Winter:

windebieste

windebieste

The absolute and only reason to build a machine in the likeness of a Human Being is to deceive other People.  THAT's the ONLY reason.  No matter what argument you bring to the table regarding robots, androids and other simulacra, machines made to look like humans are designed to fool you. 

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 23, 2016, 02:05:32 AM

The absolute and only reason to build a machine in the likeness of a Human Being is to deceive other People.  THAT's the ONLY reason.  No matter what argument you bring to the table regarding robots, androids and other simulacra, machines made to look like humans are designed to fool you. 

-Windebieste.

What about vanity?

"We built you in our own image."

In a sense that can come off as a species wide narcissism.  ;D

But you have a point. Human looking machines would be used as spies, puppets, etc.

But some might be used as companions, servants or even lovers. You can still argue that this is deliberate fooling of one's own self to fill an emptiness.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Didnt Steven Hawking say AI/Robots are a bad idea.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 23, 2016, 06:47:16 PM

Ain't nobody gives a f**k we're doing it anyway. I needs me a cyber-arm for when i finally succumb to the carpal tunnel

He's just mad cause he won't be able to use the robot sex machines

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jun 24, 2016, 08:59:12 PM

Ain't nobody gives a f**k we're doing it anyway. I needs me a cyber-arm for when i finally succumb to the carpal tunnel

Trust man thats f**ked up,we might as well f**k a toaster.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 24, 2016, 11:57:38 PM

You can't f**k a toaster you just have to wait for the sex robots you sicko

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jun 26, 2016, 09:07:09 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 24, 2016, 11:57:38 PM

You can't f**k a toaster you just have to wait for the sex robots you sicko
You dont get what im saying,its LIKE f**king a toaster what there both pieces of metals watch this:

https://youtu.be/cJuEipd18eQ

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

If sex robots look like Gemma Chan in that Humans series, I'd probably have to at least consider it :P

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's only a robot if you open your eyes.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 27, 2016, 10:50:40 AM
If sex robots look like Gemma Chan in that Humans series, I'd probably have to at least consider it :P

Testify lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed