In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,161 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 09, 2016, 02:10:20 AM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Apr 08, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/06/mom-unleashes-fury-after-spanish-teacher-sends-children-home-with-this-privilege-assignment/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

This just shows how bad its getting in the US with the leftist extremist machine, in my opinion. The fact this teacher was supposed to be teaching Spanish and actually did this is incredible, its clearly an underhanded effort to try and corrupt these kids way of thinking, it could almost be classed as a type of assault on these kids, brainwashing. God knows what kind of extremist far left SJW crapola is happening which isn't getting reported!

How much 'privilege' do you have?? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the sheet will indicate that white people have way more 'privilege' than everyone else. Scary thing is I wouldn't be surprised that the teacher was white herself.

Hell even I don't know what some of those words mean, what the feck is 'cisgendered' suppose to be?? And 'genderqueer'? never even heard of that before, sounds kinda offensive to me.

No wonder why so many Americans take four years of Spanish yet don't learn anything ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Gate

Gate

If a lot of people tend to protest something in mass, it tends to align with the popular opinion.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Apr 09, 2016, 04:58:48 PM
If a lot of people tend to protest something in mass, it tends to align with the popular opinion.

Not saying I totally disagree with the protest, although as I said I can see both sides of the coin (insane people are actually arguing about who uses what toilet but there you go). I just don't think large companies should be boycotting entire States. I don't think it's a good idea having large random companies being able to influence important political decisions.

I also wouldn't completely agree with that statement as we all know the SJW crowd have been protesting an awful lot recently and it certainly hasn't been in-line with popular opinion.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Protestors tend to be ignorant to the cause people with too much time on their hands or the unemployed. Employed protestors are usually called lobbyist.

broughtpain

broughtpain

The United States is a country with well over 300 million people. Somewhere between 330-350 if I recall correctly. Figure 1% of the population protesting then divide that by 50. That's closer to what a mass protest would consist of. Then think about the more recent protesting where numbers only hit maybe 10K in only a few cities and the damage done by riots.

The numbers being reflected do not show popular opinion.  The legislation does as its created by a representative system. What's being shown is how people think they can coerce others to force an issue on the general population. Springsteen can give himself a hot iron enema. He's basically making his fans pay for what the state legislature has done. It's no different with the businesses and their employees too.

Correction: The current population of the United States of America is 323,585,354 as of Saturday, April 9, 2016, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: broughtpain on Apr 10, 2016, 02:31:40 AM
The United States is a country with well over 300 million people. Somewhere between 330-350 if I recall correctly. Figure 1% of the population protesting then divide that by 50. That's closer to what a mass protest would consist of. Then think about the more recent protesting where numbers only hit maybe 10K in only a few cities and the damage done by riots.

The numbers being reflected do not show popular opinion.  The legislation does as its created by a representative system. What's being shown is how people think they can coerce others to force an issue on the general population. Springsteen can give himself a hot iron enema. He's basically making his fans pay for what the state legislature has done. It's no different with the businesses and their employees too.

Correction: The current population of the United States of America is 323,585,354 as of Saturday, April 9, 2016, based on the latest United Nations estimates.
Plus another 40M undocumented since I'm fairly sure the UN doesn't  keep accurate tabulations. In Hawaii, thanks to liberal politics and very low unemployment, I've come to the conculsion that only bums protest. I mean who the f**k has time to invest in causes when you have to go to work/school/cook/kids/parents/beach-on and on-; also known as living your daily life.

SiL

SiL

Not everybody is employed full-time or during regular work hours.

QuoteHe's basically making his fans pay for what the state legislature has done.
He's making the state pay as well. Those tours bring business.

broughtpain

broughtpain

If the concert was significant enough to put any considerable ding in the States revenue, it means his fans were really excited and looking forward to it. If the concert wasn't that significant, it was only about the fans. In either case, it's the fans that lose the most.

...that cancellation won't cost the state. NCs economy is too big.

The better course of action would be to fine tune HB2 to address deficiencies IMHO. Pushing the LGBT agenda is causing massive blow back and there's already some unintended consequences from it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: broughtpain on Apr 10, 2016, 07:59:47 AM
If the concert was significant enough to put any considerable ding in the States revenue, it means his fans were really excited and looking forward to it. If the concert wasn't that significant, it was only about the fans. In either case, it's the fans that lose the most.

...that cancellation won't cost the state. NCs economy is too big.
He's also set a precedence for other people to not deal with the state. And very publicly.

QuotePushing the LGBT agenda is causing massive blow back and there's already some unintended consequences from it.
As will any push to give every single person, regardless of race, gender, or orientation, the same basic civil liberties.

The fact people keep caring more about the feelings of people who are in no way actually affected by whether someone's gay or bi or trans or not, over whether those same gay, bi, or trans people are being legally discriminated against, is really f**king pathetic. People's civil liberties trump coddling precious, angry people having to deal with the fact the world is changing around them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2016, 12:07:53 PM
Space X make another amazing milestone! http://www.space.com/32527-spacex-rocket-landing-sea-amazing-videos.html
I live a few miles from the Cape, and I used to work there. Whenever we'd have a failed rocket test the tourists would clap and cheer like they knew what was going on.

Hubbs

Hubbs

OK this is almost 2 months old and I'm not sure how accurate it is or how reliable the site is, but it does highlight the problem with allowing anyone to choose which toilets to use (if true). I do believe there is an issue for women's and children's safety and privacy here.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/17/man-strips-in-womens-restroom-says-new-transgender-rules-make-it-totally-legal/

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 10, 2016, 05:07:45 PM
OK this is almost 2 months old and I'm not sure how accurate it is or how reliable the site is, but it does highlight the problem with allowing anyone to choose which toilets to use (if true). I do believe there is an issue for women's and children's safety and privacy here.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/17/man-strips-in-womens-restroom-says-new-transgender-rules-make-it-totally-legal/

Most people I'm willing to bet haven't read the law. I have. The exceptions it allows, in theory, can be used to allow people into restrooms designated for the opposite gender. It also allows for special snowflake water closets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed