In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,787 times)

Corporal Hicks

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So it's a lander? Big deal. You know at first I thought this was amazing but after some thought, it really isn't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It is a big deal. It'll drastically cut the costs of space flight.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Like Hicks says.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

The Brits are back in Afghanistan WTF:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35157428

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2015, 01:32:21 PM
It is a big deal. It'll drastically cut the costs of space flight.
How so? Over just making another rocket? I have a feeling it's actually more expensive to do this method. Then again it's great for recycling... still nasa has been able to do this for decades and didn't and no I don't think that is because the government likes to waste money. Of course I'm sure we'll get some numbers on how it'll save money that are not based in reality.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The cost of the first stage is about 3/4 of the total rocket. So...you know...that saves a lot of money when it comes to putting together another flight. The Falcon 9 system costs $60 million so they've saved themselves $45 million right there.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2015, 09:07:49 PM
The cost of the first stage is about 3/4 of the total rocket. So...you know...that saves a lot of money when it comes to putting together another flight. The Falcon 9 system costs $60 million so they've saved themselves $45 million right there.
You don't say... hmmm. Well we shall see. :)

Gate

Gate

Imagine if they had to throw away commercial airliner everytime they use it. That's what shooting rockets up was like before tonight.

On the bright side I,

Spoiler
was making out on the beach in Merritt Island when I watched this rocket go right over me. And the sonic boom from it landing was great./spoiler]
[close]

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Gate on Dec 23, 2015, 12:29:47 PM
Imagine if they had to throw away commercial airliner everytime they use it. That's what shooting rockets up was like before tonight.

On the bright side I,

Spoiler
was making out on the beach in Merritt Island when I watched this rocket go right over me. And the sonic boom from it landing was great./spoiler]
[close]
Spoiler
What luck making while a rocket going over you,sounds like a scene from a romantic Hollywood movie.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://kotaku.com/crew-member-reportedly-killed-on-set-of-new-resident-ev-1749509384

Wow. That's turning out to be quite a deadly set to be on.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2015, 05:28:13 PM
http://kotaku.com/crew-member-reportedly-killed-on-set-of-new-resident-ev-1749509384

Wow. That's turning out to be quite a deadly set to be on.

Anderson is a menace and must be stopped.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The poor guy who got his proposal turned down because the diamond in the ring was too small. lol shouldnt laugh,

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 25, 2015, 01:43:11 PM
The poor guy who got his proposal turned down because the diamond in the ring was too small. lol shouldnt laugh,

I'm with you buddy, I don't know what's worse, that or THIS!

(I know it's old news, but damn!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed