In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,580 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 09, 2015, 10:37:23 PM
First off call reddit for what it is. 4chan. Second everything is a thin line.

Tru dat.

QuoteTake the confederate flag for example. A lot of people grew up with the thing, thinking it meant something good to only recently realize that it is a symbol of evil. That's gotta hurt. Is that the fault of society or ignorance? Who knows.

I get the butthurtidity of the whole thing. However I believe it's both society and ignorance. We haven't dealt with the legacy of the South as we should have, which is pretty evident concerning all the stuff that black people as group - especially poor to middle-class blacks - still have to deal with. Society hasn't confronted our severely racist past as it is too painful. It's easier to be pretend it's all in the past and that we already dealt with it. The flag is still called the Rebel Flag by a lot of people, the civil war is referred as the War of Northern Aggression even though the South started the war. People still want to affiliate the confederate flag with positive values despite the whole legacy of slavery. The ignorance part is when people in the South growing up with this flag refuse to listen to the people offended by it. It is in the history books - the South started the war, and they started it because owning slaves was really lucrative, ergo they fought to keep slavery.

A REPUBLICAN - Paul Thurmond, the son of one of the biggest "modern" American racists ever, Strom Thurmond, really nailed it. His speech is honest and downright amazing. Extra interesting Confederate Flag part starts around the five minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7AB8-ruaWo

...Impressed by this Republican (!)

QuoteI've notice that this site is more redneck than others but hell it's AVP, we just have more P's than A's.

That's a funny observation  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Complaining about right-wing vs. left-wing is rather pointless. Both sides of the spectrum have idiots running amok. I've seen some pretty stupid shit coming from the "left" side of the spectrum in recent times.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2015, 03:16:06 PM
Complaining about right-wing vs. left-wing is rather pointless.

How is it pointless? It is two very much opposing views and the political climate right now is very polarized, so I don't see why it would be irrelevant. I do agree however that this polarization isn't healthy and that a lot of the gridlocks, especially here in the U.S., is the result of this constant blame-gaming. It is pretty bad when we can't even reach an agreement on things that both sides are for; one side has to be wrong and one side has to be right. That is why I think it is cool that the right-wingers finally acknowledged the very troubled history of the Confederate Flag, especially in times when the right-wing has really enforced their positions and convictions on race, and especially blacks and latinos, in the U.S.

QuoteBoth sides of the spectrum have idiots running amok. I've seen some pretty stupid shit coming from the "left" side of the spectrum in recent times.

I am not saying that people on the left are saints who are perfect and always do the right thing, but I am curious about what/whom you're talking about when you refer to lefty idiotism and idiots running amok. Personally I would name Bill Maher. I agree on a lot of the things he talks about and he is indeed funny and witty, but I can't stand his incredibly intolerant views on religious people, especially Muslims as well as Christians, and his quite heckling racist jokes and themes when it comes to Asians. He can also be little bit of a buffoon. I know that he is a political comedian and all, but it is all about how you tell a joke, the context and what you joke about. Making "Love-you-long-time" hooker jokes, hinting at the eye shape of Asians while talking with this faux Asian English (Engrish...) accent the staple and basis of every routine where there are Asians involved is just bad and tiresome, especially when he pretty much never has guests in the studio of any type of Asian descent.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well for example, I see a lot of "progressive left" mentality pushing for the mantra of "listen and believe" when dealing with victims of rape. It's a stupid concept no one should buy into and before you scream "RAPE APOLOGIZING MISOGYNIST", let me explain.

It's a dangerous notion because it assumes guilt on behalf of the accused. I don't care what someone is charged with. An accusation alone is not enough to convict someone of a crime. You still need evidence and the accused is entitled to a fair and just trial as per the law. Listening and believing is how the Catholic church used to operate in medieval England and I don't need to tell you how that worked out for them.

Hubbs

Hubbs

@Eagle

Dude you just say the same thing (like many Americans), you can't get out of the past, you keep going on about history and slavery which is just that...history. You don't see us Europeans hating on Italy because of the Romans and their long dominance and slavery of half of Europe...because its ridiculous. I realise there is a bigger time difference but its still the same issue, stop dragging up history to make excuses for the present. If everyone did that the human race probably wouldn't be where it is today.

I've read so many comments from black folk in America (over a huge variation of sites) that are sick and tired of other black Americans constantly going on about slavery and using it as an excuse for everything, never moving forward.

Yes white Europeans did virtually create the world we live in today (with lots of good things as well as bad things), and some people just can't stand it, its almost envy lol! Had it been the other way around you wouldn't be complaining, but its not so just deal with it and move on.

All the recent police incidents are a joke, like that Texas swimming pool incident that looked bad at first, then the truth emerged. There is a clip on Facebook of a black woman who witnessed the entire thing, she gives a full account of what happened and that the officer was just doing his job, the whole thing was hyperboled. Since then there has been a good stream of clips going around that clearly show youths (and older) deliberately going around trying to set cops up (cops of any race) and cause trouble, its become a craze. There is one going around now of an Asian cop taking down a Latino youth with full force (just like the swimming pool incident in TX with kneels in the back). Certain people in the US seem to think they can abuse and ignore the police now, because of their race, they use it as an excuse.

As for the flag thing, I have no issue with them removing the flag from any State buildings, I understand that.

What I don't agree with is the major cover-up job by some companies/people to try and remove it from history altogether. The removal of The Dukes of Hazzard from one US TV station, the Gettysburg giftshop removing all merchandise with the flag, companies stopping the sale of merchandise with the flag, WB banning the General Lee car and merchandise of it, Apple removing all apps that contain the flag and even some museums removing the flag. That is wrong and a step too far down a slippery slope.

Those are my replies I know you've been waiting for. I'm sure you will blow them out of the water again, but I'm not getting into an argument with you over everything all over again, so I will leave it here.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2015, 06:36:51 PM
Well for example, I see a lot of "progressive left" mentality pushing for the mantra of "listen and believe" when dealing with victims of rape. It's a stupid concept no one should buy into and before you scream "RAPE APOLOGIZING MISOGYNIST", let me explain.

It's a dangerous notion because it assumes guilt on behalf of the accused. I don't care what someone is charged with. An accusation alone is not enough to convict someone of a crime. You still need evidence and the accused is entitled to a fair and just trial as per the law. Listening and believing is how the Catholic church used to operate in medieval England and I don't need to tell you how that worked out for them.

The Listen-And-Believe take is a counter-stance to the good old days stance when all the burden of proof of rape was on the victim's table. It was the victim that had to explain herself and not the alleged perpetrator. Back in the good old days when rape was only considered rape if the woman was 110% sober, bleeding and beaten up black and blue with a torn up vagina and pregnant from the rape, with at least a handful (preferably male) witnesses telling the exact same story as the victim, verifying that the woman repeatedly screamed "NO!", "I don't want to have sex with you!", "Please don't rape me!" and "Help me, I am getting raped!" through the entire rape. Listen-and-believe was never supposed to be a rule of thumb law of the land kind of thing rather than a change of mentality when it comes to rape. To shift the burden from the victim to the rapist. To make men in general more observant of women and respect them more. A woman's body is her own and hers only, just like a man's body is his own and his only. The latter is seen as an undisputed fact and a natural human right, but when it comes to women it's still up for debate (rape, abortion, sexual behavior etc.).

Of course there will be so called "feminists" taking things to a radical extreme and of course people who find feminism and feminists threatening will to react to this and bunch the more extreme ideas together with traditional feminism, which is by no means out to domesticate men and keep us caged up and muffled just for having the wrong pair of chromosomes. Real feminism is about equal rights and opportunity for men and women, but since men through history had more rights and opportunities than women feminism has focused on women, trying to make it so women have the same rights and opportunities as their male counterparts. Nothing radical about that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 10, 2015, 07:24:52 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

The Listen-And-Believe take is a counter-stance to the good old days stance when all the burden of proof of rape was on the victim's table.

If you're the one making the accusation, then yeah, you have to prove it happened. The accused doesn't. It works like that for any crime.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 10, 2015, 07:24:52 PMIt was the victim that had to explain herself and not the alleged perpetrator. Back in the good old days when rape was only considered rape if the woman was 110% sober, bleeding and beaten up black and blue with a torn up vagina and pregnant from the rape, with at least a handful (preferably male) witnesses telling the exact same story as the victim, verifying that the woman repeatedly screamed "NO!", "I don't want to have sex with you!", "Please don't rape me!" and "Help me, I am getting raped!" through the entire rape.

Because that's rape. Waking up the next morning and regretting the sex for whatever reason isn't. Having someone pester you non-stop and then giving in just to shut up the other person isn't rape either. Having someone touch inappropriately isn't rape either. At best, that's a form of sexual assault but it sure as hell isn't rape.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 10, 2015, 07:24:52 PMListen-and-believe was never supposed to be a rule of thumb law of the land kind of thing rather than a change of mentality when it comes to rape. To shift the burden from the victim to the rapist. To make men in general more observant of women and respect them more. A woman's body is her own and hers only, just like a man's body is his own and his only. The latter is seen as an undisputed fact and a natural human right, but when it comes to women it's still up for debate (rape, abortion, sexual behavior etc.).

Fine and dandy. Call me when men receive the same kind of protection that women do when it comes to rape, that is, society at large begins to actually accept that yes, men can be raped by both men and women. But no, we all want to live in a fantasy world where men only commit acts of violence against women and any act of violence against a man by another man or woman is just some weird anomaly, i.e. patriarchy backfiring. We also want to act like "real rape" only happens when a woman is assaulted by a man. Where are these noisy feminists talking about female-on-female victimization? It does happen and at alarmingly high rates; see here.

QuoteApril is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This month is a reminder that through a combination of stigma and myths, sexual assault in the LGBT community is often rendered invisible or dismissed outright, despite CDC statistics that show the sexual assault rate for LGBT individuals is comparable or higher than the sexual assault rate for heterosexual individuals.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 10, 2015, 07:24:52 PMOf course there will be so called "feminists" taking things to a radical extreme and of course people who find feminism and feminists threatening will to react to this and bunch the more extreme ideas together with traditional feminism, which is by no means out to domesticate men and keep us caged up and muffled just for having the wrong pair of chromosomes. Real feminism is about equal rights and opportunity for men and women, but since men through history had more rights and opportunities than women feminism has focused on women, trying to make it so women have the same rights and opportunities as their male counterparts. Nothing radical about that.

Heard it all before. Let me know when your so-called moderates are given the kind of platforms that people like Jessica Valenti, Zerlina Maxwell, Amanda Marcotte, Naomi Woolf, Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, and so on are granted when they want to speak. As it stands, since the 1970s, extremist feminists are the ones with power and no one is challenging them.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 10, 2015, 06:55:58 PM
@Eagle

Dude you just say the same thing (like many Americans), you can't get out of the past, you keep going on about history and slavery which is just that...history. You don't see us Europeans hating on Italy because of the Romans and their long dominance and slavery of half of Europe...because its ridiculous. I realise there is a bigger time difference but its still the same issue, stop dragging up history to make excuses for the present. If everyone did that the human race probably wouldn't be where it is today.

Because we never dealt with our past like, let's say the Germans. The U.S. is also a nation founded on slavery and massive theft and genocide of Native Americans. We pretty much had apartheid till the late 60s and as late as to 80s we were supporters of the South-African regime! All modern statistics still point at the fact that blacks are not given the same chances as well as not being treated with the same amount of respect as whites, which I mentioned in the other post.

Hubbs - you have no idea what you're talking about! It is so easy to sit on that horse and tell people that aren't white Westerners to stop talking about the past and pretend that 500 years of European (white) dominance - colonization and imperialism - has no bearing on how things are and the way society is structured. It's a cop-out and it is lame and it reeks of white privilege and convenience as it is uncomfortable to acknowledge that maybe us white guys have a little bit of a societal and cultural head-start compared to the rest of the population. That doesn't mean that we have to feel ashamed or apologetic or accept it when people of other skin color, gender or religious beliefs behave badly. Bad behavior is bad behavior. The problem is when the consequences of bad behavior are not the same. Case in point is the respectful, calm and humane arrest of the heavilly armed and dangerous Charleston Massacre gunman compared to the harsh, rash and brutal "arrest" (shooting) of, let's say, 12-year old Tamir Rice and his BB gun.

QuoteI've read so many comments from black folk in America (over a huge variation of sites) that are sick and tired of other black Americans constantly going on about slavery and using it as an excuse for everything, never moving forward.

Ever heard about Uncle Tom?

Black people are also a part of society, of our society. And as a part of society you empathize, accept and conform more or less to the ruling norm, which is -- a white western male! Whoa! ...Of course you will find black people identifying with white people while scrutinizing other black people not seeing how it harms the struggle and hampers progression.

QuoteYes white Europeans did virtually create the world we live in today (with lots of good things as well as bad things), and some people just can't stand it, its almost envy lol! Had it been the other way around you wouldn't be complaining, but its not so just deal with it and move on.

There is no envy going on and I would've indeed complained if let's say the Chinese or the Arabs would've continued being the lead and ended up colonizing the world, turning it to their playground, butchering indigenous peoples, performing genocide and enslaving Europeans and shipping them like cattle to far away continents. Which could've happened easily with just a few little twists and turns taking place in history. But it didn't happen.

QuoteAll the recent police incidents are a joke, like that Texas swimming pool incident that looked bad at first, then the truth emerged. There is a clip on Facebook of a black woman who witnessed the entire thing, she gives a full account of what happened and that the officer was just doing his job, the whole thing was hyperboled. Since then there has been a good stream of clips going around that clearly show youths (and older) deliberately going around trying to set cops up (cops of any race) and cause trouble, its become a craze. There is one going around now of an Asian cop taking down a Latino youth with full force (just like the swimming pool incident in TX with kneels in the back). Certain people in the US seem to think they can abuse and ignore the police now, because of their race, they use it as an excuse.

Of course there will be people trying to take advantage, which is horrible and despicable. But focusing on those cases rather than the everyday reality of most black people is downright sinister. Black people are not treated the same way as other people, especially compared to white people.

QuoteAs for the flag thing, I have no issue with them removing the flag from any State buildings, I understand that.

Cool.

QuoteWhat I don't agree with is the major cover-up job by some companies/people to try and remove it from history altogether. The removal of The Dukes of Hazzard from one US TV station, the Gettysburg giftshop removing all merchandise with the flag, companies stopping the sale of merchandise with the flag, WB banning the General Lee car and merchandise of it, Apple removing all apps that contain the flag and even some museums removing the flag. That is wrong and a step too far down a slippery slope.

Most of those removals I agree with, others are silly to downright harmful.

QuoteThose are my replies I know you've been waiting for. I'm sure you will blow them out of the water again, but I'm not getting into an argument with you over everything all over again, so I will leave it here.

Fine. I know you and I will never see eye to eye on this. I react to your anti-black and anti-Muslim posts because I find them destructive and harmful, and I react heavily because you keep on pumping this thread full with it as much and as often as you possibly can. That's why. I do apologize if went over the line.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2015, 08:03:33 PM
If you're the one making the accusation, then yeah, you have to prove it happened. The accused doesn't. It works like that for any crime.

Rape is not as much of a black-and-white crime as you seem to think it is. A lot of people don't fight back or report rape right away because they are raped by someone they know, someone they care about or are scared of. It is still rape. Not all rapes are performed by violent shadowy men in an abandoned parking lot preying on lone female strangers.

QuoteIt was the victim that had Because that's rape. Waking up the next morning and regretting the sex for whatever reason isn't. Having someone pester you non-stop and then giving in just to shut up the other person isn't rape either. Having someone touch inappropriately isn't rape either. At best, that's a form of sexual assault but it sure as hell isn't rape.

Of course not. But bunching those cases together with cases similar to the ones I mentioned in the above paragraph is counter-productive and harmful. Rape is a real thing and it has many different forms.

QuoteFine and dandy. Call me when men receive the same kind of protection that women do when it comes to rape, that is, society at large begins to actually accept that yes, men can be raped by both men and women. But no, we all want to live in a fantasy world where men only commit acts of violence against women and any act of violence against a man by another man or woman is just some weird anomaly, i.e. patriarchy backfiring. We also want to act like "real rape" only happens when a woman is assaulted by a man. Where are these noisy feminists talking about female-on-female victimization? It does happen and at alarmingly high rates; see here.

That is simply not true. I know that the so called "feminists" you focus on might see the world the way you fear all feminists do and that media like to play around with it because it makes interesting news. The real culprit here is the patriarchal culture we come from and live in as it traditionally has portrayed women as weaker, less powerful, meeker, victims etc. Women can't don anything without the inclusion of a man...same goes with violence and such. With that notion people are more forgiving of women assaulting men than the other way around. Historically men stand for at least for 99% of all rapes and murders committed by mankind.

QuoteApril is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This month is a reminder that through a combination of stigma and myths, sexual assault in the LGBT community is often rendered invisible or dismissed outright, despite CDC statistics that show the sexual assault rate for LGBT individuals is comparable or higher than the sexual assault rate for heterosexual individuals.

As you may know feminism usually focuses on the LGTB rights as well as it goes hand in hand with the struggle for women rights, as well as civil rights etc. It's all about equal rights and opportunity for all.

QuoteHeard it all before. Let me know when your so-called moderates are given the kind of platforms that people like Jessica Valenti, Zerlina Maxwell, Amanda Marcotte, Naomi Woolf, Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, and so on are granted when they want to speak. As it stands, since the 1970s, extremist feminists are the ones with power and no one is challenging them.

That is not true, and if you think that Hilary and Obama are extremists then you have me deeply confused.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 10, 2015, 08:16:12 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2015, 08:03:33 PM

Rape is not as much of a black-and-white crime as you seem to think it is. A lot of people don't fight back or report rape right away because they are raped by someone they know, someone they care about or are scared of. It is still rape. Not all rapes are performed by violent shadowy men in an abandoned parking lot preying on lone female strangers.

I never said they are performed by violent shadowy men in a parking lot. What does that have to do with what I said? If you're too afraid to report your rape, that's your problem and yours alone. How exactly is the state going to change that?

QuoteIt was the victim that had Because that's rape. Waking up the next morning and regretting the sex for whatever reason isn't. Having someone pester you non-stop and then giving in just to shut up the other person isn't rape either. Having someone touch inappropriately isn't rape either. At best, that's a form of sexual assault but it sure as hell isn't rape.

Of course not. But bunching those cases together with cases similar to the ones I mentioned in the above paragraph is counter-productive and harmful. Rape is a real thing and it has many different forms.

No, it doesn't. Rape is forced penetration or forced envelopment against the will of another human being. It's a lot more simple than people realize. The trouble is that rape is an industry and it's easier to muddy it because there's more sympathy and a result, more money in that.

QuoteFine and dandy. Call me when men receive the same kind of protection that women do when it comes to rape, that is, society at large begins to actually accept that yes, men can be raped by both men and women. But no, we all want to live in a fantasy world where men only commit acts of violence against women and any act of violence against a man by another man or woman is just some weird anomaly, i.e. patriarchy backfiring. We also want to act like "real rape" only happens when a woman is assaulted by a man. Where are these noisy feminists talking about female-on-female victimization? It does happen and at alarmingly high rates; see here.

That is simply not true. I know that the so called "feminists" you focus on might see the world the way you fear all feminists do and that media like to play around with it because it makes interesting news. The real culprit here is the patriarchal culture we come from and live in as it traditionally has portrayed women as weaker, less powerful, meeker, victims etc. Women can't don anything without the inclusion of a man...same goes with violence and such. With that notion people are more forgiving of women assaulting men than the other way around. Historically men stand for at least for 99% of all rapes and murders committed by mankind.

LOL, what patriarchal culture? The one where men make up 90% of suicide deaths? The one where prostate cancer kills more men per annum than breast cancer kills women yet breast cancer receives more funding? The one where men are 99% of workplace fatalities? The one where male victims of rape are dismissed and pushed to the curbside? The one where men are at least 70% of the homeless population? The one where men are rendered homeless and destitute due to a broken family court system that sucks them dry? The one where an accusation of rape is enough to destroy his life and any chances he might have had for success later on life?

As you may know feminism usually focuses on the LGTB rights as well as it goes hand in hand with the struggle for women rights, as well as civil rights etc. It's all about equal rights and opportunity for all.

Total number of feminists I saw marching at Toronto PRIDE 2015: 0.

QuoteHeard it all before. Let me know when your so-called moderates are given the kind of platforms that people like Jessica Valenti, Zerlina Maxwell, Amanda Marcotte, Naomi Woolf, Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, and so on are granted when they want to speak. As it stands, since the 1970s, extremist feminists are the ones with power and no one is challenging them.

That is not true,

Prove it.

and if you think that Hilary and Obama are extremists then you have me deeply confused.

Hillary: "Women are the primary victims of wartime". Never mind that the enemy has to go through MALE soldiers before getting to the poor helpless women but as we all know, men are disposable tools. They just have to realize their privilege and stop oppressing women.

Barack, fine, maybe not an extremist but he's still stupid enough to peddle nonsense like women make $0.77 on the dollar or 1 in 4 women on college campuses will be raped in their lifetime. Never mind that study after study after study has proven those to be bold-faced lies, but he has to keep the women's lobby happy because without them, a president has no chance of being elected (women make up the majority of the electorate in the U.S.).

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 10, 2015, 06:55:58 PM
@Eagle

Because we never dealt with our past like, let's say the Germans. The U.S. is also a nation founded on slavery and massive theft and genocide of Native Americans. We pretty much had apartheid till the late 60s and as late as to 80s we were supporters of the South-African regime! All modern statistics still point at the fact that blacks are not given the same chances as well as not being treated with the same amount of respect as whites, which I mentioned in the other post.

Hubbs - you have no idea what you're talking about! It is so easy to sit on that horse and tell people that aren't white Westerners to stop talking about the past and pretend that 500 years of European (white) dominance - colonization and imperialism - has no bearing on how things are and the way society is structured. It's a cop-out and it is lame and it reeks of white privilege and convenience as it is uncomfortable to acknowledge that maybe us white guys have a little bit of a societal and cultural head-start compared to the rest of the population. That doesn't mean that we have to feel ashamed or apologetic or accept it when people of other skin color, gender or religious beliefs behave badly. Bad behavior is bad behavior. The problem is when the consequences of bad behavior are not the same. Case in point is the respectful, calm and humane arrest of the heavilly armed and dangerous Charleston Massacre gunman compared to the harsh, rash and brutal "arrest" (shooting) of, let's say, 12-year old Tamir Rice and his BB gun.

QuoteI've read so many comments from black folk in America (over a huge variation of sites) that are sick and tired of other black Americans constantly going on about slavery and using it as an excuse for everything, never moving forward.

Ever heard about Uncle Tom?

Black people are also a part of society, of our society. And as a part of society you empathize, accept and conform more or less to the ruling norm, which is -- a white western male! Whoa! ...Of course you will find black people identifying with white people while scrutinizing other black people not seeing how it harms the struggle and hampers progression.

QuoteYes white Europeans did virtually create the world we live in today (with lots of good things as well as bad things), and some people just can't stand it, its almost envy lol! Had it been the other way around you wouldn't be complaining, but its not so just deal with it and move on.

There is no envy going on and I would've indeed complained if let's say the Chinese or the Arabs would've continued being the lead and ended up colonizing the world, turning it to their playground, butchering indigenous peoples, performing genocide and enslaving Europeans and shipping them like cattle to far away continents. Which could've happened easily with just a few little twists and turns taking place in history. But it didn't happen.

QuoteAll the recent police incidents are a joke, like that Texas swimming pool incident that looked bad at first, then the truth emerged. There is a clip on Facebook of a black woman who witnessed the entire thing, she gives a full account of what happened and that the officer was just doing his job, the whole thing was hyperboled. Since then there has been a good stream of clips going around that clearly show youths (and older) deliberately going around trying to set cops up (cops of any race) and cause trouble, its become a craze. There is one going around now of an Asian cop taking down a Latino youth with full force (just like the swimming pool incident in TX with kneels in the back). Certain people in the US seem to think they can abuse and ignore the police now, because of their race, they use it as an excuse.

Of course there will be people trying to take advantage, which is horrible and despicable. But focusing on those cases rather than the everyday reality of most black people is downright sinister. Black people are not treated the same way as other people, especially compared to white people.

QuoteAs for the flag thing, I have no issue with them removing the flag from any State buildings, I understand that.

Cool.

QuoteWhat I don't agree with is the major cover-up job by some companies/people to try and remove it from history altogether. The removal of The Dukes of Hazzard from one US TV station, the Gettysburg giftshop removing all merchandise with the flag, companies stopping the sale of merchandise with the flag, WB banning the General Lee car and merchandise of it, Apple removing all apps that contain the flag and even some museums removing the flag. That is wrong and a step too far down a slippery slope.

Most of those removals I agree with, others are silly to downright harmful.

QuoteThose are my replies I know you've been waiting for. I'm sure you will blow them out of the water again, but I'm not getting into an argument with you over everything all over again, so I will leave it here.

Fine. I know you and I will never see eye to eye on this. I react to your anti-black and anti-Muslim posts because I find them destructive and harmful, and I react heavily because you keep on pumping this thread full with it as much and as often as you possibly can. That's why. I do apologize if went over the line.

OK not arguing here, just curious.

I have heard the term Uncle Toms yes but it seems counter productive to me. Some black people that seem to agree and identify with white people on some issues, which angers other black people. But I just get the impression some black people don't like these 'Uncle Toms' simply because they agree with white people...no matter what the argument, whether its possibly right or possibly wrong, it just seems like a bitter pill issue.

The term 'white privilege' is really just something used in the US, I think.

I'm curious to which things you approve of with the flag, in the list I gave. Not having a go but personally I think they were all ridiculous because its trying to almost erase the past. How can you take away the flag from the Gettysburg giftshop/museum! etc...Its things like that that turn neutral people against the decision to remove the flag altogether because its too extreme and PC. In the end things like that just inflame the scenario I think.

Lastly... It's a cop-out and it is lame and it reeks of white privilege and convenience as it is uncomfortable to acknowledge that maybe us white guys have a little bit of a societal and cultural head-start compared to the rest of the population.

Yes you're right, white (European) people did have an advantage...BUT its an advantage white people made themselves. No one gave white Euros a head start, there wasn't any almighty power that somehow made white people better, everyone is the same, the Europeans just did what they did and progressed, discovered, ventured outwards (with both good and bad outcomes of course). But everyone started out the same, all people all over the world, no one had any sort of inside track advantage, everyone had the same chances. So I do think their is envy at white/Euro history at times, and other people such as Asian/oriental people who have achieved a lot throughout history.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You guys are arguing about wholly generic philosophy. However one side does represent the old way and the other represents the new way. With a sprinkling of other specialist ingredients thrown in. It's all corrupted with money and power and propagated through corrupted channels. Be it the media, religion or word of mouth.

Fact of the matter is that America is a land of 360 million people and we get along rather fine. It's really simple, the old way of doing things failed and the new way of doing things is also going to fail so we need to put this bickering aside and fix this pile of shit we've buried our heads in.

I like guns but a gun's only reason for existence is to kill. I love the army but a soldiers job is to commit mass murder. I love fireworks but fireworks are really dangerous because when improperly handled they can cause burns, amputations and deafness... and f**k you guys give me back my fire works. I really wanna burn fireworks I really wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna... stupid over reaching government.

Really if people would just use reasoning we'd solve all this shit and reasoning is using actual wisdom and knowledge to realize the truth of what it is they want and not want someone else wants. And above all that everything comes with a f**king price tag: and by price tag I mean lives.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2015, 09:03:52 PM
I never said they are performed by violent shadowy men in a parking lot. What does that have to do with what I said? If you're too afraid to report your rape, that's your problem and yours alone. How exactly is the state going to change that?

And the other part of my paragraph was about the fact that a lot of rapes are made by men who know the victim briefly to really well.

An example: A young woman, in the case of being forced to have sex with, let's say, her seemingly friendly neighbor who has known her since she was a little kid and really loves this older man like a relative, might not put up a fight or scream when he advances on her. She doesn't want to have sex with him, but at the same time she is to ashamed to get away and yell no or whatever. The older man takes this as an invitation and just proceeds as he doesn't bother to really check if she is really into it. He is to occupied with his own sexual saticefaction to respect her body and mind, because there is an underlying gender hierarchy.

QuoteNo, it doesn't. Rape is forced penetration or forced envelopment against the will of another human being. It's a lot more simple than people realize. The trouble is that rape is an industry and it's easier to muddy it because there's more sympathy and a result, more money in that.

Wow, that's the biggest crock of BS I have ever heard. Claiming rape being an industry where the men are the victims is just flabbergasting to me. Do you seriously think this is the case?

QuoteLOL, what patriarchal culture? The one where men make up 90% of suicide deaths? The one where prostate cancer kills more men per annum than breast cancer kills women yet breast cancer receives more funding? The one where men are 99% of workplace fatalities? The one where male victims of rape are dismissed and pushed to the curbside? The one where men are at least 70% of the homeless population? The one where men are rendered homeless and destitute due to a broken family court system that sucks them dry? The one where an accusation of rape is enough to destroy his life and any chances he might have had for success later on life?

Yes, it is a direct effect of the patriarchal culture where men are supposed to always be strong, self-sufficient super men that need to take care of women since women are so week, emotional and are only good for having sex with and pumping out children. Women have been given less rights and less responsibilities and thus have more institutional help to compensate. The same patriarchal culture where men "can't" be raped and are too embarrassed to to got to the doctor have their prostate poked.

Yes. It is the downside for men in the patriarchal culture we live in. Just like a man working at a preschool will be heavily scrutinized since he might be a pedophile... Men don't work with young children, because that a woman's job.

QuoteTotal number of feminists I saw marching at Toronto PRIDE 2015: 0.

Maybe because most feminists look like normal people and not the feminazi monster you focus on.

QuoteProve it.

Prove what?

QuoteHillary: "Women are the primary victims of wartime". Never mind that the enemy has to go through MALE soldiers before getting to the poor helpless women but as we all know, men are disposable tools. They just have to realize their privilege and stop oppressing women.

That's not what she meant. What she meant is that women, through history, have been the primary targets and victims during wartime. Rape and pillage is a strategy as old as mankind. By forcing your enemy's women to bear your children you take over the enemy's gene pool so to speak.

QuoteBarack, fine, maybe not an extremist but he's still stupid enough to peddle nonsense like women make $0.77 on the dollar or 1 in 4 women on college campuses will be raped in their lifetime. Never mind that study after study after study has proven those to be bold-faced lies, but he has to keep the women's lobby happy because without them, a president has no chance of being elected (women make up the majority of the electorate in the U.S.).

Bold-faced lies? ? ?  ...Study after study prove that it is true. Maybe you and I live in different universes. Sure, in a few professions women make equal the amount or more than men, and the 1 in 4 rape ratio is over the top, but rape does occur quite frequently.

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 10, 2015, 09:46:56 PM
OK not arguing here, just curious.

I have heard the term Uncle Toms yes but it seems counter productive to me. Some black people that seem to agree and identify with white people on some issues, which angers other black people. But I just get the impression some black people don't like these 'Uncle Toms' simply because they agree with white people...no matter what the argument, whether its possibly right or possibly wrong, it just seems like a bitter pill issue.

...Just like it seems like some white people get all defensive as soon as people question white privilege or even dare to mention that it.

QuoteThe term 'white privilege' is really just something used in the US, I think.

I am sure there are similar terminologies describing the whole thing in European countries as well.

QuoteI'm curious to which things you approve of with the flag, in the list I gave. Not having a go but personally I think they were all ridiculous because its trying to almost erase the past. How can you take away the flag from the Gettysburg giftshop/museum! etc...Its things like that that turn neutral people against the decision to remove the flag altogether because its too extreme and PC. In the end things like that just inflame the scenario I think.

Put it in a museum. Don't erase it from history. People should know about America's dark past.

QuoteYes you're right, white (European) people did have an advantage...BUT its an advantage white people made themselves. No one gave white Euros a head start, there wasn't any almighty power that somehow made white people better, everyone is the same, the Europeans just did what they did and progressed, discovered, ventured outwards (with both good and bad outcomes of course). But everyone started out the same, all people all over the world, no one had any sort of inside track advantage, everyone had the same chances. So I do think their is envy at white/Euro history at times, and other people such as Asian/oriental people who have achieved a lot throughout history.

No, they didn't. It happened at the right time. The Europeans incorporated foreign philosophies, discoveries, inventions and wisdoms as they started to travel just as much as the people of the Middle-East, part of northern Africa and of course Asia. No one is envious here. It has more to do with how Europeans rose to the top and feeling entitled to do and behave however they wanted without any repercussions. Thinking that the Europeans ended up dominating the world on their own with no help from "outside" and that violence had no part of their progress is sheer fantasy.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

All this talk about European advantage only happened when European Rulers adopted education policies. Charlemagne as an example.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Respect for Kid Rock, you can't force him not to use the flag.

Taking down the flag from a State building is one thing, but this has gone too far. The flag was removed in SC so that's it, you can't tell people what they can or can't do with a flag privately, that's their business. This is the problem, you give an inch...

Its still bizarre that people have blamed an object for those murders rather than the actual shooter. Haven't heard anything much about that Roof guy, all I've heard about is the flag! crazy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/kid-rock-confederate-flag-protestors-kiss-a-article-1.2288984

http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2015/07/09/al-sharpton-threatens-kid-rock-over-confederate-flag-heres-his-brutal-response-video/

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's a tool that the haters use to rally hate against people they do not like. To win war you must remove the adversary's ability to make war and that includes removing symbols of their power. This is however just the first step to defeating rebel politics and economics otherwise known as southernomics. Which really is the true evil that the south was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed