In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,442 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The woman who beat her son for attacking the police gets my vote for Best Video of 2015... Not to mention mother of the year too ;D

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 23, 2015, 01:56:30 PM
That's pure evil. I hate to sound like a pompous, indulgent, self-righteous twat, but it is. That takes away from the livelihood of farmers and forces them to become employees if they want to survive.

"Pompous, indulgent, self righteous twat"

Or what my mum wrote in my last birthday card

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 28, 2015, 11:19:00 PM
Quote from: Gate on Apr 28, 2015, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 28, 2015, 07:46:18 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 28, 2015, 07:32:03 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 28, 2015, 05:30:05 AM
Wow America! just wow! all out war soon perhaps?
Baltimore isn't known for their hospitality.

You know, cutting fire hoses to prevent fire fighters from putting out fires... that's a new low even for Baltimore.

Just leave them to it, they're the ones that will suffer in the long run with their community destroyed.

Don't marginalize those who live there just because the gangs in the area are rabble rousing. There are people seriously in danger thanks to the conflict.

Also hubbs to clarify, no. There won't be all out war. The rioters are going to get bored and disperse or be arrested.

Also, who the f**k has a protest during a riot? If your cause is that just, you can wait it out and national attention will return. Don't show up during a riot, don't be associated with the riot.
Like most riots it started off as a protest. Trouble makers tend to use large gatherings for cover, however, it was made clear by local authorities that the rioters appeared to be mostly school kids. Baltimore has problems that they need to fix and slapping kids in the head is not the long term answer.

However, damn that one photo does make it look like a war zone.

Most people right now would do a lot more than that given half the chance...and I don't blame them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The riots are awful. They're also a definite sign that something needs to change. When the Ferguson riots broke out, I was one of the people who said rioting wasn't the solution but considering police brutality has been on the rise since then, and civil discourse isn't working, what are the people left with?

Hubbs

Hubbs

From CNN, the truth of the matter emerges.

Clearly the black community aren't checking their facts.

Unreported races and white lives matter.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 30, 2015, 01:33:17 AM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=46302.0;attach=4325;image

"White Americans are the racial majority, with a 77.7% share of the U.S. population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.1% of the population, making up the largest minority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.2% of the population. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

Context. Simply put there is a lot more white people to shoot out there. :P

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Somewhat related, I just caught this footage on the way back to my dorm.
First video is people protesting in the street. Second video is the big protest sign getting taken down and then a couple of people getting arrested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CA9cwiNolI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-90TWMtsQis

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 30, 2015, 03:30:24 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 30, 2015, 01:33:17 AM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=46302.0;attach=4325;image

"White Americans are the racial majority, with a 77.7% share of the U.S. population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.1% of the population, making up the largest minority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.2% of the population. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

Context. Simply put there is a lot more white people to shoot out there. :P

Hubbs is making the point that the media won't report on that as evidence of race-based targeting by the police and he'd be right. It doesn't fit the established narrative of oppressed minorities.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/us/freddie-gray-officers-actions/index.html

The driver, a black officer is charged with murder 2... the other two black officers are charged with involuntary manslaughter along with one white officer while the other 2 white officers are charged with false imprisonment. These charges are brought by a prosecutor who happens to be pockets wide open to the tune of annual 4K maximum campaign donations from the lawyer representing the deceased. Yet she claims there is no conflict. None of the officers, aside from a "nervous breakdown" have any thing in their records. I think the cop charged with murder was sued by a bank once. This is going to turn into a joke if this is how this is going down.

Hubbs

Hubbs

3 black officers and 3 white, so where do the racism accusations stand now huh lol! Just goes to show how people jump on the bandwagon.

Plus I don't understand what it is they are suppose to have done, are all six of them suppose to have beaten this guy cos that sounds kinda improbable. I'm sure one of the white officers will get the blame lol!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well the guy being blamed for his death is the driver of the police wagon since it sounded like the medical examiner came to the conclusion that his fatal spinal injury came during the drive. As far as the involuntary manslaughter, I think she's overcharging them, this would more likely be negligent homicide. Especially since it happened in a vehicle. The case is going to be blown partly due to that.

Gate

Gate

Since when does it matter what skin color a single police officer is when the entire system has a flaw of screwing minorities?

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2015, 12:28:01 AM
Since when does it matter what skin color a single police officer is when the entire system has a flaw of screwing minorities?

Well the black community has gone on the warpath (yet again) over facts that aren't correct (see my pic from CNN a few posts up which shows black people aren't killed by police the most) and it now turns out 3 of the officers involved were black. So basically they have all got nothing to shout about and have proved themselves to be bandwagon jumpin' (yet again).

If the driver is under scrutiny is that for bad driving? are we to think he braked too hard and this guy got injured that way or what? It all sounds so dodgy if you ask me, desperately trying to blame an/all officers.

SiL

SiL

Nothing to shout about?

Someone in police custody still died.

As for "lol it's not racist cos half of them were black!", you can be racist against your own race.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2015, 04:40:49 AM
Nothing to shout about?

Someone in police custody still died.

As for "lol it's not racist cos half of them were black!", you can be racist against your own race.

Of course you can but everyone assumed it was white officers that killed this man (I did), that was the reason for the riots. Now we find out 3 were black so basically they all need to take a slice of humble pie. This was all over a black man dying in supposedly white police custody, and it wasn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed