In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,488 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 01, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
UK schools to report parents for letting them play adult videogames (presumably not an April Fools joke).

http://au.ibtimes.com/uk-head-teachers-group-threatens-report-parents-allowing-children-play-18-rated-games-1435673

Most of the harmful effects of videogames can happen regardless of the type of game (some games certainly can possess unique addictive or desensitizing qualities, but the brunt comes from overuse or interference with other parts of life). Do these schools also expect the parents to prevent their kids from seeing movies, anything on basic cable, internet, and even cellphone interactions?

I bought Twister on Blu ray the other day; would this school call the police if I allowed a 12 year old to watch a PG-13 film, alone, featuring "intense depiction of very bad weather"? People just don't throw up anymore in movie theaters no matter how disgusting or shocking, like they used to. Hell, chances are some of these kids have seen gore videos.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-what-went-wrong-20150405

QuoteLast November, we published a story, 'A Rape on Campus' [RS 1223], that centered around a University of Virginia student's horrifying account of her alleged gang rape at a campus fraternity house. Within days, commentators started to question the veracity of our narrative. Then, when The Washington Post uncovered details suggesting that the assault could not have taken place the way we described it, the truth of the story became a subject of national controversy.

Given how much attention and criticism this story received, I think the message is clear: do your job properly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://news.discovery.com/space/astronomy/chemistry-for-life-discovered-around-baby-star-150408.htm

I'm sure to odds of us ever actually encountering alien life are slim but it's good to know the elements maybe common.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2015, 02:06:57 PM
http://news.discovery.com/space/astronomy/chemistry-for-life-discovered-around-baby-star-150408.htm

I'm sure to odds of us ever actually encountering alien life are slim but it's good to know the elements maybe common.

Not bad... but the if we encounter 'life' im pretty sure it will be the biggest mistake ever.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 10, 2015, 10:25:16 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2015, 02:06:57 PM

Not bad... but the if we encounter 'life' im pretty sure it will be the biggest mistake ever.
On a scale of microbial life to Reaper Invasion, how much of a mistake are you talking about?

x-M-x

x-M-x

microbial life - could lead to illness and disease.

Reaper Invasion lol... well imagine we found a planet with cities ships intelligent life? but they're hostile?

we are fk'ed !

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The idea of any terrorist group on the decline sounds great but I wonder if maybe they're on the decline only because they don't have the spotlight.

Gate

Gate

They're losing followers to ISIS. Also losing ground thanks to ISIS, Iran, and NATO/UN efforts.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 19, 2015, 02:51:15 PM
The idea of any terrorist group on the decline sounds great but I wonder if maybe they're on the decline only because they don't have the spotlight.
So Al Qaeda's got an image problem? I think that is very much correct. Eventually they will simply be absorbed into ISIS or whatever other terror group is in the spot-light. It seems that most of ISIS recruits are from the twitter-verse age. That's not meant as a knock on twitter but it is the medias darling web median at the moment.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 20, 2015, 03:35:49 AM
So Al Qaeda's got an image problem? I think that is very much correct. Eventually they will simply be absorbed into ISIS or whatever other terror group is in the spot-light. It seems that most of ISIS recruits are from the twitter-verse age. That's not meant as a knock on twitter but it is the medias darling web median at the moment.

Twitter is perhaps the quickest way of spreading ideas through social media. Never forget it's the reason the Arab Spring spread like wildfire. Anyway, what I meant was that Al-Qaeda is probably still around but we're not hearing from them because ISIS is taking up headlines.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2015, 12:47:40 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 20, 2015, 03:35:49 AM

Twitter is perhaps the quickest way of spreading ideas through social media. Never forget it's the reason the Arab Spring spread like wildfire. Anyway, what I meant was that Al-Qaeda is probably still around but we're not hearing from them because ISIS is taking up headlines.
Gotcha the first time. However that Arab Spring thing didn't much work out.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's still going on but it's not taking up headlines. Trust me. I have family in Egypt.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 21, 2015, 11:17:29 AM
It's still going on but it's not taking up headlines. Trust me. I have family in Egypt.
Over here we have protest over officers shooting unarmed black Americans... and nothing has changed that either. Same boat we're all in I guess.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/20/automakers-gearheads-car-repairs/

Automakers want to make it illegal to repair/modify your car at home based on copyright. It's total bullshit but I wonder if they are really worrying about printable spare parts. What you guys think?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It wouldn't surprise me. I've heard rumours that in America and Canada, it will be illegal (if it isn't already) to grow your own vegetables in your backyard for similar reasons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed