In The News (Read 1,427,151 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 11, 2015, 08:30:19 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 11, 2015, 06:15:25 AM
Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 10, 2015, 04:56:57 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 10, 2015, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 09, 2015, 11:18:48 PM
Damn I guess none of us were alive during the 60's.

Who are we to tell them no? It's their country.

I agree, if other countries have nukes (and a lot do), why not Iran? I just hope that if they do choose to make nukes, and get sanctioned for it, they don't whine.
Wait a minute... how can you say if they want them they can have them and then sanction them for it? I thought it was their country?

I'm not saying they should be sanctioned, I'm just saying that if they end up being sanctioned, they shouldn't complain.
And what if they "lose" a nuke and it ends up taking out someones town? Just chalk that up to bad luck?

The PredBen

The PredBen

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 11, 2015, 09:51:47 PM

I agree, if other countries have nukes (and a lot do), why not Iran? I just hope that if they do choose to make nukes, and get sanctioned for it, they don't whine.
Wait a minute... how can you say if they want them they can have them and then sanction them for it? I thought it was their country?

I'm not saying they should be sanctioned, I'm just saying that if they end up being sanctioned, they shouldn't complain.
And what if they "lose" a nuke and it ends up taking out someones town? Just chalk that up to bad luck?

Are you implying Iran would use their nukes without justification? Well, in that scenario, I would repay the deed, many times over. If I was a nuclear power that supported Iran getting nukes, and they responded by using them on me or one of my allies, I'd simply level their entire nation with my nuclear arsenal. Hey, they played nuclear roulette, and they lost the draw.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 11, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 11, 2015, 09:51:47 PM

Are you implying Iran would use their nukes without justification? Well, in that scenario, I would repay the deed, many times over. If I was a nuclear power that supported Iran getting nukes, and they responded by using them on me or one of my allies, I'd simply level their entire nation with my nuclear arsenal. Hey, they played nuclear roulette, and they lost the draw.
And you do not see the problem with that train of thought? You honestly think a one sided nuclear/conventional war is a good thing? You talk like it's nothing more than spanking a small child for throwing a rock at someone. Hell I'm not even suggesting that they use them, just that due a lack of a mature central government, they are incapable of safeguarding them and that it is inevitable that someone will take one and use it in a terrorist act. Their last president was a terrorist and general whacko. Of course we in the US have whackos too but there is a much more broad and mature system in place. Also what's the limitation on arsenal size? What if they don't even bother signing any nuclear treaties? How the hell can you sanction a nation that has nukes? Sure we do it to russia but they actually have something to lose? Irans government is constantly getting turned upside it's head every few years. Seems like a disaster. Hell look at north korea and pakistan? Heck India is probably more of a risk than Iran.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/565315/Scientists-at-Large-Hadron-Collider-hope-to-make-contact-with-PARALLEL-UNIVERSE-in-days

Gravity rainbows and higher dimensions, ooh la la

...my tesseract is ready  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So back to why I started this thread in the first place: weird news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/30/papa-dimitris-classic-piz_n_6973024.html

QuoteA pizzeria in St. Paul, Minnesota, allegedly went to pot as a front for an alleged marijuana dealing family. Now police have weeded out four suspects, including the owner, his mother and grandmother.

I hope it was well-baked.

Hubbs

Hubbs

UK schools to report parents for letting them play adult videogames (presumably not an April Fools joke).

http://au.ibtimes.com/uk-head-teachers-group-threatens-report-parents-allowing-children-play-18-rated-games-1435673

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

What did yall think about the GermanWings crash?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Chronicle on Apr 02, 2015, 05:29:06 AM

Most dedicated Baneposter in history.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 01, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
UK schools to report parents for letting them play adult videogames (presumably not an April Fools joke).

http://au.ibtimes.com/uk-head-teachers-group-threatens-report-parents-allowing-children-play-18-rated-games-1435673

Stuff like this is incredibly short-sighted and ignorant of the larger problems which are the problems of specific individuals reaction to certain stimuli (I wonder if anyone flipped out after reading "violent" books back in the day?) rather than trying to blanket a whole thing.

And this made me chuckle -

Quoteke films, videogames too are governed by ratings bodies such as ESRB and PEGI, which grade videogames with ratings certificates according to the extent of violent and sexual themes contained within the titles. Unlike films, where ratings cane be enforced through theatres, videogames are primarily distributed through retail and digital delivery mediums. This makes rating restrictions especially difficult to enforce.

Do they think the BFCC goes and sits with the families at home after the film comes out for home release?

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 02, 2015, 07:24:38 AM

No idea Cancer lol. Just expressing my thoughts. I have no relation to 4chan or Reddit.  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/01/joey-skaggs-prank-master-april-fools-sinovision_n_6984326.html

QuoteMaster prankster Joey Skaggs has once again turned a news organization into an April Fools' Day casualty -- and we were there to see it happen.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 02, 2015, 02:45:08 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/01/joey-skaggs-prank-master-april-fools-sinovision_n_6984326.html

QuoteMaster prankster Joey Skaggs has once again turned a news organization into an April Fools' Day casualty -- and we were there to see it happen.

:laugh: I laughed when I read that title. Hey, its not a bad idea though. Dress your buisness up to be a resturant and serve shit food but still get paid up the ass by selling pot. No one can be suspicious when your running a pizza joint.

Someone must of ratted them out. Thats usually how it always happens if the cops don't get to them first. But it sounds like they made so many missteps and mistakes while trying to run their, "business" that they deserved to be charged and arrested.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Stupidity never pays off, lol.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Chronicle on Apr 02, 2015, 02:11:15 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 02, 2015, 07:24:38 AM

No idea Cancer lol. Just expressing my thoughts. I have no relation to 4chan or Reddit.  :laugh:

I meant the guy who crashed the plane, not you. ;)

SuperM

SuperM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2015, 09:54:25 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 01, 2015, 05:55:27 PM

Stuff like this is incredibly short-sighted and ignorant of the larger problems which are the problems of specific individuals reaction to certain stimuli (I wonder if anyone flipped out after reading "violent" books back in the day?) rather than trying to blanket a whole thing.

Na man. Seen the effects of games like CoD on younger people. It f**ks them up. Also used to work at HMV and stupid adults were forever buying their kids xbox online stuff and games like CoD when they were just 4 or 5 years old. Also seen pics idiots have put on Facebook of their children (again 4 or 5) sat on xbox consoles playing CoD with headsets on. It's a disgrace, it's not a book, you can't even compare it to that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed