Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,555 times)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 29, 2014, 09:18:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A#ws

Woman With Hidden Camera Harassed More Than 100 Times in 10 Hours
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/10/28/street_harassment_video_a_hidden_camera_records_what_women_go_through_on.html

QuoteTo film the video, Rob Bliss outfitted a backpack with a hidden camera and walked across New York City streets for ten hours in front of actress Shoshana B. Roberts, who was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt and holding a microphone in each hand. Bliss' camera caught men approaching, leering, and trailing Roberts' movements; the mics recorded their comments, which ranged from ostensibly friendly greetings ("Have a nice evening!") to unsolicited commentaries on Roberts' body ("Sexy!") to absurd commands ("Smile!") to pure expressions of entitlement ("Somebody's acknowledging you for being beautiful! You should say thank you more!"). The ceaseless chatter (plus some light stalking!) adds up to a constant reminder that, just for walking from point A to point B, some men believe that women's bodies and minds should be made accessible to them on command. "How are you this morning?" doesn't sound so sinister. But when a male stranger shouts it, it's just another unearned claim for a woman's attention—one that could escalate should the woman so much as bat an eyelash. Roberts didn't; she still got harassed at every turn. Bliss recorded more than 100 instances of verbal harassment in all, and that doesn't include winks and whistles.

Some men, though, still aren't seeing it. On Twitter, some are pushing back against the video, claiming that it's not harassment, it's just annoying, and that refusing to reply is, frankly, impolite. Of course, it's largely women who are singled out for constant annoyance just for stepping outside, and are dismissed as rude for not accepting it graciously. If you don't get it after watching this video, the problem isn't just the guys caught yelling at Roberts. The problem is you.

Apparently she's already started receiving rape threats, lol.
Some of those look like general crazy or homeless people though. I get followed by the homeless alot. One guy tried to warn me of impending crab people invasions and started pissing on another homeless guy's chest to immunize him from the crab people attacks.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

One homeless guy who was following me around really liked back packs apparently.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

we used to have to do a boat race for people in the boy scouts.  mofos would just go out and paddle around and then come back.  there was the drainage runoff for water that led into the creek from an enclosed culvert.  I went in there once.  About thirty yards in it got pitch black, I took out a lighter and turned it on

I'm glad I did because the tunnel elbowed about a yard in front of me and I would've run right into it. When I looked to the left though there was about three homeless people in there, all red faced and bleary eyed sitting in the complete darkness.  It was something like a horror movie mang.

I GTFO of there. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BANE on Oct 29, 2014, 10:56:22 PM
Some of those look like general crazy or homeless people though.
No they don't. ::)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

that one dude following her for five minutes

something was off with that cat

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 29, 2014, 11:05:51 PM
Quote from: BANE on Oct 29, 2014, 10:56:22 PM
Some of those look like general crazy or homeless people though.
No they don't. ::)
In that one minute clip at least two of those guys looked either extremely poor verging on homeless and mentally off.

Cvalda

Cvalda

That's how everyone looks in the city.

BANE

BANE

Dear god

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 29, 2014, 11:11:04 PM
That's how everyone looks in the city.

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

f**king hobos.

Rong

Rong

f**king 'murica,

I don't think you'd even get that walking down king street on a saturday night at 11pm in melbourne.   

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

you don't get that in the south where I live

unless the people are drunk and your going down mainstreet on Thursday night live

it's a big city problem and a northern problem because most northerners have no manners

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 29, 2014, 11:54:34 PM
Yes, I'm sure your experience as a woman there is sufficient to make that call.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

fools don't be following other people for five minutes in the south unless they want to get blasted on. 

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 29, 2014, 11:55:57 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 29, 2014, 11:54:34 PM
Yes, I'm sure your experience as a woman there is sufficient to make that call.

was waiting for it haha.

i'm sure it happens in every city but that video is pretty full on, even though its spread over a day,

my wife before i met her was verbally harassed by a homeless person on the tram once, when she told him to f**k off, and walked away he punched her in the back of the head... worst part is no one on the tram did anything, irregardless of who it was if i saw a woman being hit, that motherf**ker would be getting dropped.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

what if she was cray and trying to stab you as cvalda is want to do to me sometimes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed