In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,427,402 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20141021_Toys_R_Us_pulls_Breaking_Bad_dolls.html

"(On Monday, Bryan Cranston, the actor who played White, responded to the controversy, tweeting, "I'm so mad. I am burning my Florida mom action figure in protest.")"

I don't know why but I just find selling a meth doll at a toy store both wrong and awesome at the same time. :P

Topazora

Topazora

Well, even though Toys 'R Us are geared towards children, I think the Breaking Bad toys were meant to be for the adults to collect since there's a market for that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

anger is a little silly just because it features drugs.  Lets not forget all the other toys that's main focus is taking out the badguy. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I perfectly understand not having those in a kids' toystore. Seems more at-home in a collectors store.

First Blood

First Blood

Silly ass complaint. In a world filled with silly complaints.

SM

Cvalda

Cvalda

Dead babies in Winnipeg storage unit 'tragic beyond belief'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/dead-babies-in-winnipeg-storage-unit-tragic-beyond-belief-1.2807312

QuoteThe discovery of several dead babies in a Winnipeg storage locker is "tragic beyond belief," say police. Three or four bodies were found Monday afternoon in various states of decomposition, said police spokesman Const. Eric Hofley.

Autopsies are planned on the remains to determine exactly how many there are and the cause of death, he said. The autopsies will also determine their age. Hofley said the bodies were newborns or someone "of a very young age." They were "certainly not children," he said, calling the situation "very disturbing" and "tragic beyond belief."

"All that information will hopefully be determined as the days progress," he said. "We will have further information tomorrow [Wednesday], I do know that for a fact." Hofley told reporters on Tuesday that in his 14 years as an officer he has never experienced anything like this. 'How does that even happen?'

Police would not reveal the name of the storage facility, but CBC News has learned it was U-Haul on McPhillips Street and Elgin Avenue in the city's West Alexander neighbourhood. The bodies were found by employees who phoned police at about 1 p.m. Sources told CBC News it's a "gruesome scene" like something from a horror movie. It isn't clear how long the bodies had been in the locker.

Rong

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Cvalda

Cvalda

;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 22, 2014, 03:45:27 AM
Silly ass complaint. In a world filled with silly complaints.

Dude. It's Toys 'R Us.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

and my gijoes from there had been killing cobra for years back in the day

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

GI Joe is a cartoon.

Breaking Bad is one of the most brutal shows I've seen on network television.

The two don't equate.

SM

SM

Did TRU not expect people to arc up over such a dumb decision?

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2014, 12:32:15 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Oct 22, 2014, 12:14:01 AM
Quote from: Eva on Oct 21, 2014, 10:58:12 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Oct 21, 2014, 03:18:28 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 21, 2014, 02:00:55 PM
Oscar Pistorius was sentenced to five years in prison.

:(

I hope that when he gets out again, everybody will face him with a 'you lucky, murderous scum' look in their eyes. For the rest of his life.

I think it was an accident, but that's just me. It doesn't sit right with me. Why would he kill his wife, in such a way whilst putting his entire future in jeopardy. And take such risk hoping people would believe his story. Should have got a divorce and been done with it if he didn't want to be with her anymore.

Why would anyone kill anyone?  I believe it came up during the trial that he had a bit of a temper.

Yup, he has a history of having a short fuse. I know of someone who got the brunt of his ego and Oscar punched him for no real reason. This was long before he had shot Reeva. Sure, there were no weapons involved that time but there's been a couple of incidents where his temper got really bad. Add to that his love of firearms and you have a recipe for disaster.

I don't believe he planned Reeva's murder. But I do believe he knew very well who was behind that bathroom door. So it wasn't premeditated murder but it was murder nonetheless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed