In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,122 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 27, 2014, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 27, 2014, 04:43:38 PM
http://libertyviral.com/is-living-life-better-as-a-man-or-woman-a-transgender-tells-hisher-story/#

This is actually a very simple issue; a real man lives how he wants to live and doesn't give a shit about how other people react when it disagrees with the bullshit they've lived and breathed all their lives.

We call that MGTOW: men going their own way.

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 27, 2014, 07:09:56 PMBut then.....women also do this....so is it possible this illusory figure, dubbed the "real man" is actually ego masturbation by the clueless majority, and not the whole picture?

Not sure I understand. The whole point of his experience is that men, contrary to popular belief, don't have a free pass on everything because supposed "male privilege".

Quote from: Vertigo on Sep 27, 2014, 07:27:00 PM
It's best to live life as a Vertigo, in my opinion.

And how is that, good Sir?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 27, 2014, 08:05:00 PM

I live in a fluffy pink Tellytubby world where I don't persecute anyone and nobody persecutes me. Largely because it takes me 10 hours to get out of bed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Sep 27, 2014, 10:35:38 PM

I live in a fluffy pink Tellytubby world where I don't persecute anyone and nobody persecutes me. Largely because it takes me 10 hours to get out of bed.

I would like to invest in your world. But can I replace the Telletubbies with Care Bears?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

My point was the core of this "real man/be a man" ideal has always seemed to be security in one's self, and if so, then this was never a sex-specific quality, and instead a milestone in personal development.

I'm starting to think this "be a man" thing probably started centuries or millennia ago and somehow hasn't been killed off. If it ever held any meaning, it definitely doesn't now.

Telling some guy to "be a man" today results in some insecure f**ker that goes two ways---they either become awkward and end up hiding behind some crafted personality based on the perceptions of others (ala misc BB), or they become violent and sociopathic when the former type calls them gay.

Who is "we", and why does this need a label and an acronym?

Two things I'm wholly convinced of:

A: People become like those they associate with.

B: Getting involved in modern rights groups will achieve the polar opposite of empowerment, and will earn you the right to feel both misunderstood and misrepresented.

I bring this up only because you said "we"

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 27, 2014, 07:09:56 PMBut then.....women also do this....so is it possible this illusory figure, dubbed the "real man" is actually ego masturbation by the clueless majority, and not the whole picture?

Not sure I understand. The whole point of his experience is that men, contrary to popular belief, don't have a free pass on everything because supposed "male privilege".

I can see how my post was a little side tracked from the article. I didn't realize "male privilege" was a popular belief or something taken seriously outside these bubble groups that sometimes manage to penetrate the mass social awareness. I guess I'm just used to thinking it's obvious everyone has been fed shit at some point and no one hasn't been scathed by someone else's false beliefs. Maybe I just can't be surprised anymore.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Slavoj Zizek? is that you?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 27, 2014, 11:41:35 PM
Slavoj Zizek? is that you?

Off the top of my head people have suggested I'm Morpheus, Giorgio Tsoukalos, and even the guy in this video

So sure, why not?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/979923-artificial-sweeteners-root-of-diabetes-and-obesity-epidemics/

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 27, 2014, 10:49:12 PM
Cutting down long-arse quote

Quote from: Vertigo on Sep 27, 2014, 10:35:38 PM

[close]

I would like to invest in your world. But can I replace the Telletubbies with Care Bears?

I would love to see who would win in a fight between the Teletubbies and Care Bears. The Care Bears have veterancy and were born in the era of steroidal ultra-killy action movies, but the Teletubbies have been proven to be a bunch of perverts, so they'd play dirty.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 27, 2014, 11:29:46 PM
My point was the core of this "real man/be a man" ideal has always seemed to be security in one's self, and if so, then this was never a sex-specific quality, and instead a milestone in personal development.

I'm starting to think this "be a man" thing probably started centuries or millennia ago and somehow hasn't been killed off. If it ever held any meaning, it definitely doesn't now.

Telling some guy to "be a man" today results in some insecure f**ker that goes two ways---they either become awkward and end up hiding behind some crafted personality based on the perceptions of others (ala misc BB), or they become violent and sociopathic when the former type calls them gay.

The whole concept of "real men do this, real men do that" is a load of garbage anyway. It simply reinforces old gender stereotypes and pigeon-holes men into pre-defined ways of behaving and thinking and at its core, is a pathetic shaming tactic used by other men and women to police the behaviour of others. Men and women should live their life as they please, as long as they aren't harming anyone.

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 27, 2014, 11:29:46 PM

Who is "we", and why does this need a label and an acronym?

Two things I'm wholly convinced of:

A: People become like those they associate with.

B: Getting involved in modern rights groups will achieve the polar opposite of empowerment, and will earn you the right to feel both misunderstood and misrepresented.

I bring this up only because you said "we"

This is a whole other topic unto itself. However, since your interest seems to be aroused, I'll send you a PM only because I don't want to derail the thread further :) savvy?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Naww I'm good--unless you want to discuss it further

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fair enough.

Aspie

Aspie

wat is this

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Somebody left the toilet seat up.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Organic molecules found in interstellar space.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29368984

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed