In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,490 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 03, 2014, 12:06:37 PM
Bringing a person infected with a deadly disease into your own back yard is stupid but in all reality, it's going to get here one way or the other. Still I got a chuckle watching the guy hop out of the Waaambulance and walking through the parking lot. Shit, get that man a f'ing wheel chair guys.

"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Oh snap, Godzilla called it!

Hubbs

Hubbs

Gotta be honest...doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but yeah sure just do it anyway, nothing bad will happen will it  ::)

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patients-arrive-us/story?id=24804625

Oh this sounds even better lol! another doc in the US might have it and has voluntarily quarantined himself at his own home! That's good of him...its gonna get out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11008652/US-aid-worker-infected-by-Ebola-virus-back-in-US-and-in-good-spirits.html

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 03, 2014, 04:03:17 PM
Gotta be honest...doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but yeah sure just do it anyway, nothing bad will happen will it  ::)
Nothing's going to happen. This isn't some shitty zombie movie.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Low testosterone could be what made us civilized humans
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2014/08/01/low-testosterone-could-be-what-made-us-civilized-humans/

QuoteNo, this isn't some jab at dudes. According to a study published in Current Anthropology, our transition into modern civilization might have coincided with our species' drop in testosterone.

The hormone, associated with both biologically male characteristics and aggression, makes skulls grow those heavy brows we associate with our evolutionary ancestors. Lead author Robert Cieri, a graduate student of biology at the University of Utah, said in a news release that a study of 1,400 modern and ancient skulls provided insight into how these changes might have overlapped with cultural shifts.

While the modern human — species Homo sapiens — appears in the fossil record around 200,000 years ago, evidence of the kind of "modernity" we associate with our species (like advanced tools and symbolic artifacts) took an additional 150,000 years to appear.

The key, the researchers claim, could be found in the feminized skulls that became more prevalent around that time. A rounder face in humans is associated with less testosterone, and less testosterone can mean better cooperation between individuals. Less head clubbing and more community building, basically.

The Global Feminist Conspiracy is older than we thought! :o

Aspie

Aspie

well durrrrrr, anymore testosterone and we'd be bull sharks.

Cvalda

Cvalda

MISANDRY

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

ow my testicles

SM

SM

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 04, 2014, 02:10:42 AM
well durrrrrr, anymore testosterone and we'd be Kimarhi.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Nobody going to go after Aspie with the eyebrow comment?

Aspie

Aspie

THEY ARE BLINDED BY THEIR TESTOSTERONE.

My eyebrows merely conceal my eyes like shrubbery.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

or that you are a mostly shaved Neanderthal

Aspie

Aspie

*which implies I'm more manly than you

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Or that you don't know how to tweeze. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Kimarhi tweezes his eyebrows?

How metro.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed