In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,577 times)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 14, 2014, 08:44:09 PM
Rugby is overrated, from what I've seen the hits are small and of course there's gonna be blood because you're not wearing any protection (does sound fun but dangerous) and get hit in the head its gonna bleed a lot. When i played rugby I never saw someone have their neck get snapped on the field, football I have, I was on the sidelines and that's a sound you never forget.
1) Nope the hits ain't small my friend.

2) My sister plays Rugby and she broke a ladies' shin bone the other day and almost got stabbed with it. The whole field heard the bone break. Women's Rugby.

But anyway, back to Israel:

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 14, 2014, 08:44:09 PM
Now back on topic  *SHITS GOING DOWN*
I think Israel and Hamas are gonna throw down soon, the PM of Israel just gave this speech
Its long
Spoiler
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu just made the following speech in front of the Knesset:

To Ismail Haniya, and the leaders and operatives of Hamas:

We, the people of Israel, owe you a huge debt of gratitude. You have succeeded where we have failed. Because never before, in the history of the
modern State of Israel, has the Jewish people been so united, like one person with one heart. You stole three of our most precious children, and slaughtered them in cold blood. But before we could discover the horrible truth, we had 18 days of pain and anxiety while we searched for them, during
which our nation united as never before, in prayer, in hopes, in mutual support.

And now, as you continue to launch deadly missiles indiscriminately , intended to maim and murder as many civilians as possible, while you take cowardly refuge behind your own civilians - you continue to inspire us to hold strongly onto our newly discovered unity. Whatever disputes we Jews may have with each other, we now know that we have one common goal: we will defeat you.

But we are offering you now one last chance. Within 24 hours , all rocket fire - and I mean all rocket fire - will cease. Completely. Forever.

I give you formal notice that our tanks are massed at the Gaza border, with artillery and air support at the ready. We have already dropped leaflets over the northern parts of the Gaza strip, warning civilians of our impending arrival, and that they should evacuate southward, forthwith. If you fail to meet our ultimatum, we are coming in, and, with God's help, this time we will not leave. Every centimeter of land that we conquer will be annexed to Israel, so that there will never be another attack launched at our civilians from there.

Even so, we will continue to keep the door open to allow you to surrender gracefully. The moment you announce that you are laying down arms, we will halt our advance, and there we will draw our new borders. If you continue to attack our citizens, we will continue to roll southwards, driving you out of territory that you will never again contaminate with your evil presence.

It pains me deeply that your civilians will be made homeless. But we did not choose this war; you did. And if our choice is between allowing our citizens to be targeted mercilessly by your genocidal savagery, versus turning your civilians into refugees, I regret that we must choose the latter. If only you loved your people as much as you hate ours, this war would never have happened.

To the rest of the world: Israel has tired of your ceaseless chidings that we should "show restraint". When you have your entire population under constant missile fire from an implacable enemy whose stated goal is the murder every man, woman and child in your land, then you may come and talk to us about "restraint". Until then, we respectfully suggest that you keep your double standards to yourselves. This time, Hamas has gone too far, and we will do whatever we have to in order to protect our population.

Hamas, once again, I thank you for bringing our people together with such clarity of mind and unity of purpose. The people of Israel do not fear the long road ahead.

Am Yisrael Chai.
[close]
Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 14, 2014, 09:17:04 PM
I heard the Hamas killed their own electricity by accident with their own rockets.

Yes, the power station was in Israel. Israel supplies the Gaza strip with power. Go figure...  ::)

SM

SM

Quote from: Aspie on Jul 14, 2014, 03:01:37 PM
'murican football would be 10 times more popular than the World Cup if it expanded globally. Soccer just wouldn't be able to hold up comparatively.

:laugh:

Gridiron is played all over the world.  Just no one really takes it seriously outside the US.  Depending on where you are soccer, rugby (union or league), hockey (field or ice), cricket, basketball, tennis, golf - all more popular.

Aspie

Aspie

I'm not talking about just any ol' Gridiron.

I'm talking about the vastly superior 'MURICAN Gridiron.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

football is played by physically superior specimens.  If rugby players ever even approached the level of football players rugby players wouldn't be able to play full seasons with complete rosters.

One professional defensive lineman could handle a scrum by himself.  You know they guys that squat 900 lbs and bench 700. 

Meanwhile he could kick it to whichever half back is behind him.  The guys that run Olympic speeds. 

Meanwhile I'd be surprised if more than a handful of rugby's best players could run a sub 4.5 forty yard dash. 

Rugby in its current iteration will never have the power or explosiveness that pro football has.  Football players will never have rugby's conditioning since their game is tailored to short explosive plays. 

But some of the United States very best athletes play pro football and it wouldn't surprise me for them to blitz any rugby opponent after the initial awkwardness of the game with pure speed and power.  We have a prospect at UK (Bud Dupree) that is 6'3" 250lbs with a 40" leaping ability and a 4.5 forty yard dash.  That is beastly for a guy that big. 

Professional offensive and defensive lineman smash into each other when the ball is snapped is like being in a 35mph car crash.  Every possession.

Getting hit on a kickoff return also registers in the car crash spectrum of intensity at the highschool levels. The time in a person's life where they haven't spent 3 to 5 years in NCAA weight conditioning programs.

yall just don't know

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Aspie on Jul 14, 2014, 11:48:47 PM
I'm not talking about just any ol' Gridiron.

I'm talking about the vastly superior 'MURICAN Gridiron.

Canadian rules are better, I think. Leads to more risky plays, more long-bombs, just generally more excitement. We just don't get the best talent.

A CFL-rules game with NFL-skilled players... just imagine. It'd be glorious.

Aspie

Aspie

Don't y'all play with like 50 yards of field? :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

110 yards actually. 150 if you include the endzones.

SM

SM

Hingle McCringleberry mah favourite girdiron

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 15, 2014, 12:00:58 AM
110 yards actually. 150 if you include the endzones.
I actually like CFL more than NFL, just something about it

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Three downs certainly makes for a more interesting game.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

lol I had never heard of the CFL until today.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

you are so culturally unaware

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 14, 2014, 11:49:14 PM
Meanwhile I'd be surprised if more than a handful of rugby's best players could run a sub 4.5 forty yard dash. 
They run faster than that. The Detroit Lions were looking at a rugby player who did a 4.19, faster than any Footballer ever (based on a quick google search, 4.24 is the fastest NFL).

There have been numerous professional rugby players who are over 300 pounds and need to be able to run extremely fast, although they don't test 40 yard dash times like NFL scouts do. Most NFL players over that weight have no need to go faster than a wobble as they (I'm horrible with football terminology) are usually just big folks protecting the line of scrimmage...(?)

Honestly though I'm not even the one saying it's a wussie sport (it's not), I'm just saying it's comparatively boring.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 12:17:19 AM
Hingle McCringleberry mah favourite girdiron

He had an amazing season! That entire segment is comedy football gold! I need to post that now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE#ws

the team roster is great too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss#ws

the second edition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed