Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,504 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I despise stupid people as well.

Aspie

Aspie

lol I googled benevolent feminism and one of the images in the google image preview is a fedora

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 06, 2014, 03:34:16 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 06, 2014, 03:31:14 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 06, 2014, 03:19:43 AM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2014, 01:09:24 AM
I don't really give a shit about any of this, but the feminists that say "Holding the door for women is just benevolent sexism." are the ones I f**king despise.
Ooooh, so despicable. Those f**kin' ungrateful uppity c**ts, amirite?

wut...
Cal plz.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 06, 2014, 03:36:37 AM

awwwww shiiieeeet

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 06, 2014, 03:36:37 AM
Pointing out that a social code where men routinely hold doors open for women at random, for no real reason other than to hold them to different, weaker standard, is kind of archaic doesn't make someone stupid.

Unless they complain about it and still expect it to be done for them.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Wut... There's no need to get upset at someone for being an acceptable human being. I don't hold the door for women because they're weaker than men. I hold the door open because I'd want someone to hold the door for me and it's the polite thing to do. So yes, it is stupid.

BANE

BANE

Or to a better standard. "Hey, you go ahead of me while I do what servants do for monarchs out of sheer politeness" is...worth anyone complaining about?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jun 06, 2014, 03:44:04 AM
Or to a better standard. "Hey, you go ahead of me while I do what servants do for monarchs out of sheer politeness" is...worth anyone complaining about?

I SAW DAT EDIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 06, 2014, 03:43:32 AM
Wut... There's no need to get upset at someone for being an acceptable human being. I don't hold the door for women because they're weaker than men. I hold the door open because I'd want someone to hold the door for me and it's the polite thing to do. So yes, it is stupid.
Your idea of the issue is filtered through the lens of dumbass 4chan/Reddit posts from reactionary internet dweebs.

When women complain about how dudes randomly holding doors open makes them a bit uncomfortable, it has nothing to do with, say, being right behind someone and them holding the door because letting it shut in your face would be rude.

It's something like, for example: I am not near that door when you go through it. I am like 20-30 seconds away from that door. Hell, I'm probably at the bottom of the stairs. But you see me, and insist on waiting there, holding the door open when you really don't need to. It's actually kind of passive aggressive: I now have to acknowledge you when I'm minding my own business and you should be minding yours, and then I'm forced to thank you for an imposed act of charity that was not required. This happens all the time. And men don't do this kind of thing to each other, generally.

I personally don't call guys out on it when it happens, even though yes it does make me slightly uncomfortable because I dont need you to stand there holding the door open for me like I'm a kid, and I usually just say thank you, ignore it and carry on. But it's not difficult to see why some women would get kind of fed up with it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I am an equal opportunity door holder opener.  Dudes, chicks, old people, kids, married couples, dogs. 

But I don't wait around thirty seconds for somebody to come through the door either. 

BANE

BANE

Well that's an entirely different scenario from what anyone here was thinking. And I'm not sure that's what the bimbo in Dovahkiin's post was talking about.

That's like picking up something a lady dropped and holding it hostage so she has to talk to you.

That's...

In the staircase example I'd have gone up to the next floor if there was one, just to piss the guy off for wasting time being a creep.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 06, 2014, 03:59:56 AM
I am an equal opportunity door holder opener.  Dudes, chicks, old people, kids, married couples, dogs. 

But I don't wait around thirty seconds for somebody to come through the door either. 
Same

Aspie

Aspie

20-30 seconds...

dat guy is a serial killer <_<

BANE

BANE

"Thanks for holding the door..."
"No problem. Say, are you about a size 14?"

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That's a bit creepy, waiting at the door for 30 seconds. Cry1

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

We had this chick at my old work who had breast implants and this one slow guy would always come in and just stare at her.  She wouldn't walk outside alone if he was around because of the creep vibe he was giving.

Aspie

Aspie

mannnnn my momma scolded me when I didn't open up a door for wimminz or gave them my bus seat... it's no fair I was primed ;-;

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BANE on Jun 06, 2014, 04:00:12 AM
Well that's an entirely different scenario from what anyone here was thinking.
That's because you don't even bother to hear out the issue when it's voiced and just jump to conclusions like most guys who get pissy when women speak up about small, annoying demeaning shit they have to put up with constantly that you don't realize? ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 06, 2014, 04:01:35 AM
20-30 seconds...

dat guy is a serial killer <_<
Happens all the time. Those two examples, the waiting for me to walk all the way to the goddamned door, or waiting for me to walk up some stairs, are ones that have happened to me regularly at office jobs.

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 06, 2014, 04:05:15 AM
mannnnn my momma scolded me when I didn't open up a door for wimminz or gave them my bus seat... it's no fair I was primed ;-;
Women are conditioned to enforce stupid gender roles just as much as men are.

Giving up your bus seat is hardcore stupid unless she's disabled or elderly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed