Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,443 times)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 28, 2014, 02:28:44 PM
Who voted for you?

And can we prevent them from reproducing? :P
All the women who attended the summit. Unanimous. First time in 150 years.

I'll be issuing an official statement on this matter soon.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2014, 02:29:42 PM
Women live in fear, really? When did this happen? And more importantly, do they have actual justification for living in fear? Again, look at crime reports. But given that you probably won't seek this info on your own, I'll help you out.

>implying you sought it out.. and it's not copypasta from some bullshit MRM forum...

Cvalda

Cvalda

Women live in fear, really?
A lot of them do, certainly.

When did this happen?
It's not, like, a recent development ::)

And more importantly, do they have actual justification for living in fear?
I'm curious as to what "justification" would ever satisfy you.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 28, 2014, 02:33:42 PM
Women live in fear, really?
A lot of them do, certainly.

When did this happen?
It's not, like, a recent development ::)

And more importantly, do they have actual justification for living in fear?
I'm curious as to what "justification" would ever satisfy you.

If women really are living in fear, that's awful, and I blame falsified information being to the general public for it. Again, I cite the 1-in-4 women will be victims of rape in their lifetime as an example. If men are the majority victims of crime, according to research and reality, why are women more afraid of being the victims of crime? Something isn't adding up.

Quote from: Rong on May 28, 2014, 02:33:16 PM
Women live in fear, really? When did this happen? And more importantly, do they have actual justification for living in fear? Again, look at crime reports. But given that you probably won't seek this info on your own, I'll help you out.

>implying your sought it out.. and its not copypasta from some bullshit MRM forum...

If you want to count Stats Canada, Bureau of Justice Stats, and Wikipedia as MRM forums, sure.

Rong

Rong

/doesn't even understand copypasta mfw

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2014, 02:36:56 PM
If women really are living in fear, that's awful, and I blame falsified information being to the general public for it. Again, I cite the 1-in-4 women will be victims of rape in their lifetime as an example. If men are the majority victims of crime, according to research and reality, why are women more afraid of being the victims of crime? Something isn't adding up.
Because "rape" is the only thing women have to be worried about ::)

Quick question: have you ever been sexually assaulted?

I have, twice. My mother was raped in the Army and molested by an uncle when she was a teenager. My best friend growing up was molested by a neighbor boy. A classmate of mine was locked in the backroom of her job and groped by her boss. 

This kind of shit isn't rare. ::) And it's something some clueless, self-righteous MRM dickwad isn't ever likely to experience, no matter how much he clings to vague, contradictory "statistics".

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

My mother was raped too.

Chances are Doom knows someone who was sexually assaulted as well.

This shit sucks and MRA sure aint helping.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 28, 2014, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2014, 02:36:56 PM
Because "rape" is the only thing women have to be worried about ::)

Quick question: have you ever been sexually assaulted?

I have, twice. My mother was raped in the Army and molested by an uncle when she was a teenager. My best friend growing up was molested by a neighbor boy. A classmate of mine was locked in the backroom of her job and groped by her boss. 

This kind of shit isn't rare. ::) And it's something some clueless, self-righteous MRM dickwad isn't ever likely to experience, no matter how much he clings to vague, contradictory "statistics".

I am sorry for your pain. We may not get along, but I truly am. That's awful and no one should have to endure that. But that doesn't change reality. Your experiences do not translate into a horrifying reality that every woman has to live with.

Women have to be worried about any kind of crime just like men do. Question is, are you going to choose to live in fear or not? I know victims of crime as well (rape and otherwise) but they choose to live their lives, regardless.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2014, 02:47:46 PM
But that doesn't change reality. Your experiences do not translate into a horrifying reality that every woman has to live with.
"Every" woman wasn't my point ::) Enough already do.

I know victims of crime as well (rape and otherwise) but they choose to live their lives, regardless.
I don't live in fear. And your issue doesn't seem to be "women living in fear" of rape or assault, it seems to be women speaking out about it happening at all. Which is pretty disgusting.

Rong

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 28, 2014, 02:52:55 PM
I know victims of crime as well (rape and otherwise) but they choose to live their lives, regardless.
I don't live in fear. And your issue doesn't seem to be "women living in fear" of rape or assault, it seems to be women speaking out about it happening at all. Which is pretty disgusting.

Not at all. Speaking out against violence is a good thing. What I have a problem with is framing violence as a gender-specific problem (especially when, again, the research is telling us a different story) and some people claiming all members of a certain demographic share their one view.

Sabby

Sabby

I do wish there were some notable MRA groups who did a good job. They should be filling an important role in securing equality, but we just aren't seeing that :/ It's a shame.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sabby on May 28, 2014, 03:05:21 PM
I do wish there were some notable MRA groups who did a good job. They should be filling an important role in securing equality, but we just aren't seeing that :/ It's a shame.

There won't be for quite some time. The MRM has only recently received mainstream media coverage, for better or for worse, and the more people talk about it, negatively or positively, the more attention it will receive.

In other news, Maya Angelou has died at 86. I haven't heard of this woman before, but it seems like her death is a great loss.

Sabby

Sabby

I will say that between you and Cvalda, my in depth knowledge of these issues is pretty lacking, so I'm not sure I have anything useful to add beyond what I've just said. It just really saddens me to see MRA completely dismissed in the way it is. I see both sides of the discussion act very badly and illogically, so I can't help but jump in at times, but I'm finding myself very unprepared for what follows.

That's my contribution to this, anyway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The information is out there dude. If you're really interested in learning more about the men's movement, I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Just let me know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed