In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,923 times)

BANE

BANE

Nothing in that article says anything about free will except when it actually uses the words 'free' and 'will'.

Eva

Eva

One of those deep discussions that 99.99997% of humanity couldn't give a toss about... :D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

^yup. I'll just go back to eating an icecream.

while you guys go back to your denial.

Spoiler
muahahhaha  :laugh:
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

You understand that PsychologyToday is not a recognized, credible, or peer-reviewed source, right Blacklabel?  :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on May 25, 2014, 05:45:37 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 25, 2014, 05:28:15 PM
"There's no free will" sounds fine being espoused in a Todd Solondz black comedy by a computer nerd maybe-child-molester, but it's not real science.

:D

Did someone step on your toes today... or use your signed ALIEN poster as bed sheets?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=58zrUY8681g

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Aspie on May 25, 2014, 05:55:27 PM
You understand that PsychologyToday is not a recognized, credible, or peer-reviewed source, right Blacklabel?  :P

you do realize it's just a magazine that posts news and blogs about psychology, right?  :P
And like most news outlets nowadays, most of the time it just points to other sources...

oh aspie.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 25, 2014, 05:55:11 PM
^yup. I'll just go back to eating an icecream.

while you guys go back to your denial.

Spoiler
muahahhaha  :laugh:
[close]
THERE'S NO FREE WILL YOUR MIND KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO EAT ICE CREAM BEFORE YOU DID!

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

oh my gahd that's really gonna destroy my enjoyment of this delicious strawberry flavoured icecream.  :laugh:

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 25, 2014, 06:01:03 PM
oh my gahd that's really gonna destroy my enjoyment of this delicious strawberry flavoured icecream.  :laugh:

don't take it so hard, your mind was never going to enjoy it

Eva

Eva

QuoteI'm eating ice cream, therefore I am.

- Eva

Works for me :)

PS - Cvalda, I haven't watched Palindromes... :P

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

ftw.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 25, 2014, 05:47:26 PM
Not entirelly true that. Free will, it's definition and wether it's real or not is a problem for the cognitive sciences to explore.
If anything, that's the realm of high level theoretical physics.

Drawing conclusions about freewill through social experiments and brain imaging is pseudoscience at it's finest. 

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

high level theoretical physics? Are you refering to ideas like wether this is a "deterministic universe" (where free will is impossible and each choice is already predetermined by a previous event.) and the theory that each of our choices could lead to a "multiverse" where each possible choice and variable is true? :P A lot of that is nearly impossible to test wether it's true or not and will remain theoretical for a long time.

Exploring the brain and how it works (with free will) via science doesnt sound like "pseudocience" to me but eh and at least it sounds like a more practical way to attest the truth.  :P

At the end of the day it's possible both neuroscience and physics end up contributing to the solution.

Aspie

Aspie

blacklabel

blacklabel plz

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

aspie

aspie plz.

plz go back to the Godziller thread.  :laugh:

I'll let the offtopic discussion die here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed