In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,575 times)

Aspie

Aspie

The temps don't get us, the humidity does.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 21, 2014, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 21, 2014, 04:23:59 PM
*translates to 27 degrees Celsius*

You're bonkers.

If you think that is hot you cray cray.

If you think that it's cold you cray cray.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Aspie on May 21, 2014, 04:40:56 PM
The temps don't get us, the humidity does.

The humidity gets everybody below the Ohio river and east of the Mississippi. 

Soft bro. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

If you honestly think anything below 80F is too cold, try -40 or more.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

THATS WHY I'M NEVER GOING TO CANADA RICH.  This winter was too cold.  FUK DAT SHI

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Between 80F and 59F more or less is nice t-shirt and shorts weather for us Canadians.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm pretty sure I could run in short sleeves for five miles before I broke a sweat at 60 degrees. 

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 21, 2014, 05:05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I could run in short sleeves for five miles before I broke a sweat at 60 degrees.
That's because you're used to the heat.

I'd be sweating buckets and buckets.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 21, 2014, 04:52:37 PM
THATS WHY I'M NEVER GOING TO CANADA RICH.  This winter was too cold.  FUK DAT SHI

You'd be surprised at how hot it can become here in the summer. In Southern Ontario, 45 degrees Celsius isn't uncommon.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 21, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

You'd be surprised at how hot it can become here in the summer. In Southern Ontario, 45 degrees Celsius isn't uncommon.

Holy shit, it rarely gets to be 100°F in S. Cali, even in the summer, we generally reach 90-95 in the summer.  When we do get to 100, we call it a heat wave.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: BANE on May 21, 2014, 05:08:12 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 21, 2014, 05:05:49 PM
That's because you're used to the heat.

I'd be sweating buckets and buckets.

Well don't we usually get a humid heat? I think Kimarhi gets a dry heat.

Kimarhi should totally come over in the winter, like in the Last Samurai as the American guy, only instead of mastering sword play he will have to master not letting the cold bother him anyway.

I can picture it now, the beginning being shots of the cold and white Canadian landscape in winter, then a shot of myself sitting cross legged in the snow meditating in a chill manner, wearing my black cowboy hat because I wear it year round like a champ (true story) having visions of a white tiger.

We meet at last meet when an American force tries to invade and take away our free health care and steal our huge amounts of freshwater, and Kimarhi is amongst them. In the woods it is freezing cold for them and you hear constant bitching about the cold. But then through the snowy mist you then he the war cry "Ehhhh" echo everywhere. Then the Americans begin to see shadowy figures appear in the mist, Canadians wielding C8 carbines and razor sharp hockey sticks charging on horses and moose. The freezing Americans begin to panic, and as the Canadians begin to close in the Americans begin to run and even drop their weapons, yelling things like "F**k the cold", "I'm going to Florida", and being cut down by those Canadians as well as those moose antlers.

Crazy Rich then saw Kimarhi, fighting for his life like the white tiger in his vision, when he was down Crazy Rich chose to spare his life and take him prisoner to learn from his enemy.

First days in some Canadian place, he laid in bed in agony, in withdrawal from his favourite booze, and yelling in madness "IT'S TOO F**KIN' COLD!" over and over again.

And I am out of energy and so will stop here.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Topazora on May 21, 2014, 05:48:27 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 21, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

Holy shit, it rarely gets to be 100°F in S. Cali, even in the summer, we generally reach 90-95 in the summer.  When we do get to 100, we call it a heat wave.

I should've added; yes, that would be a heatwave for us as well. Also, the only reason it would ever reach that high is because of supreme humidity. Without the humidex, it would be more like low 30s.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Temperatures swing from -40 to +30 over the course of the year here.

Our roads are full of potholes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're in Alberta, right?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Hellas Planitia, Mars, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed