In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,426,941 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 12, 2014, 08:24:34 PM
I hate Oklahoma almost as much as I hate Georgia. :laugh: Hell holes, and the little communities full of laundromats, alteration shops, military surplus stores, and massage/barber shops (not to mention strip clubs and dollar Chinese food restaurants) that spring up around them are equally as depressing.
Isn't it funny how the most conservative states are the shittiest and scummiest? ;D

Why can't they pull themselves up by their bootstraps and use some of that amazing conservative willpower and collectivist self-responsibility to build up their economies and quality of life? ???
/inb4 blaming evil libs for their own dumbass economic policies and general failure at everything lulz

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I don't know, I live in a pretty well of place.  :P

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There isn't anything that can save Oklahoma.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Um there are military bases in every state, and most of them provide a lot of economic benefit for their surrounding communities.

I was talking about the parasitic little neighborhoods that spring up around the base like living organisms. Just a circumstance of the base demographics and some smart entrepeneurs, really. ;)

But Liberals still ruin everything. How's that Washington D.C.? Wonderful area!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Lawton, Oklahoma.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 12, 2014, 09:02:04 PM
Um there are military bases in every state, and most of them provide a lot of economic benefit for their surrounding communities.

I was talking about the parasitic little neighborhoods that spring up around the base like living organisms. Just a circumstance of the base demographics and some smart entrepeneurs, really. ;)

But Liberals still ruin everything. How's that Washington D.C.? Wonderful area! http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcvaxmBiSR1qe5emz.gif
>:( not taking my bait, ya bastard

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm still wearing the literal overreaction glasses.

My face looks like this:

Spoiler

Da f**k you say mawf**ka?
[close]

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 12, 2014, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2014, 11:32:20 PM
QuoteIt hasn't been written off as a non-terror attack.

It pretty much has.  The stolen passports seemed to belong to a couple of Iranian asylum seekers.

And as Eva said, someone would've come forward to claim responsibility by now.
Unless it was a personal vendetta. However now they're reporting that the plane had changed course and crashed into a whole other ocean... not a whole lotta of confidence that the Vietnam navy has any idea what the hell they're doing. Although media reports haven't been of much use either.

The case is simply at this point, they have no idea what happened, media abhors a vaccuum so information regarding what are possibilities become facts.  The Andaman Sea is a at least an hour in almost the opposite direction off the fligthpath of a plane going from KL to China, but I believe they picked an unidentified radar contact in the area at a time the plan could've been there.  This coupled with the possibility of a transponder being turned off or malfunctioning gave them enough to go on to check it out.

Especially since they've found precisely nothing so far.

Gate

Gate

See there is a reason I choose non-partisan...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2014, 10:37:45 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 12, 2014, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2014, 11:32:20 PM
QuoteIt hasn't been written off as a non-terror attack.

It pretty much has.  The stolen passports seemed to belong to a couple of Iranian asylum seekers.

And as Eva said, someone would've come forward to claim responsibility by now.
Unless it was a personal vendetta. However now they're reporting that the plane had changed course and crashed into a whole other ocean... not a whole lotta of confidence that the Vietnam navy has any idea what the hell they're doing. Although media reports haven't been of much use either.

The case is simply at this point, they have no idea what happened, media abhors a vaccuum so information regarding what are possibilities become facts.  The Andaman Sea is a at least an hour in almost the opposite direction off the fligthpath of a plane going from KL to China, but I believe they picked an unidentified radar contact in the area at a time the plan could've been there.  This coupled with the possibility of a transponder being turned off or malfunctioning gave them enough to go on to check it out.

Especially since they've found precisely nothing so far.
Absolutely right. :P Of course the Chinese claim to have found the planes debris, now.

Oh and on the subject of military bases, most of them are placed where they are for purely economical reasons. It's a sort of welfare infusion of government employees into a local economy. Which creates jobs for the locals.

And that bit about the word Bossy, you know, what that lady said is true but to ban the word isn't the point. I do find myself calling some kids Bossy, because they are, however bossy for me means eventually growing up to become the goddamn BOSS of those less Bossy. To me it is a compliment in skill set more than anything. :P

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Most military bases in the US are placed in area with low habitation because you know.....soldiers need areas to train in.  Its only after the bases are established that civilian populations around the bases increase.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 13, 2014, 01:01:53 AM
Most military bases in the US are placed in area with low habitation because you know.....soldiers need areas to train in.  Its only after the bases are established that civilian populations around the bases increase.
I think that all changed in the 1980s and especially after the end of the cold war. Economics became much more the focus on whether or not to keep bases open.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You still have to find places to train.  Artillery shoots pretty far.  Its not like you can put one in the middle of Houston or something. 

There are plenty of bases closed because the US doesn't draft people anymore so there is no need to store the bodies.  Half of Fort Knox is like a ghost town because all the armor and cavalry training for new recruits is now done at fort benning.  So now those former barracks and training facilities just sit there unused. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea but soldiers can be shipped to places where live fire exercises can be conducted. The primary base itself can be almost anywhere.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

For the national guard this is true we usually shoot at knox.  But for AD that would seem to be a waste of money to have them all stationed away from their howitzers or himars.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed