TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Aspie on Mar 03, 2014, 03:44:25 AM
aww yiss ww3 here we come

f**k youuuuuuuu

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/67854

Swedish man gets disability for heavy metal addiction.

____
Quote from: Aspie on Mar 03, 2014, 03:44:25 AM
aww yiss ww3 here we come
Turn that 3 on its side and suddenly you have world wide web, and gasp, it's already here

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Topazora on Mar 03, 2014, 03:32:54 AM
I hope they figure something out over soon, we don't need another conflict.

I've felt strongly about the crisis. Just as it seems Ukraine is beginning to step in the right direction, Russia takes completely unnecessary military action against Ukraine as soon as everyone has left from the Sochi Olympics, it's practically a declaration of war and Ukraine has begun mobilizing to treat it as such, calling all reservist to full time duty and on alert.

I believe the fate of Ukraine is up to the people of Ukraine alone, Russia has completely crossed the line and has breached international law as well. I am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve war, and ultimately Russian forces must leave at once. I also support the idea of a UN international monitoring mission to Ukraine, hopefully that would help de-escalate things.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Good old soviet divide and conqueror mentality to stir up a reason to fund that huge army they cannot afford. It'll probably lead to a split Ukraine.

Hubbs

Hubbs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26407604

On Saturday President Vladimir Putin moved to get parliamentary permission to use Russian troops not just in Crimea, but in Ukraine as a whole. This takes this crisis to a disturbing new level.

Jesus christ! I don't think Russia is gonna stop here, Putin doesn't give a rats arse what the 'ultra liberal do-gooder European police' (EU) say, he wants Ukraine back in the USSR!.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Himars are just waiting to be unleashed on some conventional targets.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Maybe Russia will reconsider their actions due to the ever growing global outcry.

Of course their leader is ex-KGB so I'm not that optimistic.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 03, 2014, 06:26:09 AM
Maybe Russia will reconsider their actions due to the ever growing global outcry.

But isn't everybody scared of Russia these days hehe America thinks they are king of the world but really its probably Russia.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I doubt anything will happen. 

We tested Russia's gangster in Syria and didn't want any and a couple of (years?) ago they invaded Georgia and nobody did jack shit.

Until Russia actually moves on one of our own interest then they will probably be met with sanctions and public outcry and not much else.

And all you on the fence far left wingers better hope Russia and the USA don't mobilize on each other because all you guys will be drafted for WW3.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Hubbs on Mar 03, 2014, 06:36:51 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 03, 2014, 06:26:09 AM

But isn't everybody scared of Russia these days hehe America thinks they are king of the world but really its probably Russia.

Russia sometimes takes advantage of our lost of taste for war that has developed more over time since WW1 arguably. The U.S can't just rush in, though it has the capacity, because it would risk nuclear war, and no one wants that. The U.S is therefore more reserved than it gets credit for. This kind of thing wasn't unheard of in the Cold War, Soviets invade, NATO just uses words to criticize them. But the reason there is such a huge global outcry is because this ain't the Cold War anymore, they should know better than that by now.

If you look at the Crimean War though, that was a time when the Russian Empire (much bigger place then) invaded Turkey. The result, Russia was defeated by an alliance of nations, the French Empire, Ottoman Empire, British Empire, and the Kingdom of Sardinia as well as legions of Germans, Swiss and Slovakians. Of course at this time you didn't need to worry about nukes.

Today we have Canada, the U.S, the U.K, Japan, France, Germany and Italy taking action against Russia together. There are no plans for military action, but at the same they are going to at least take actions that be a big thorn in Russia's economic side. In a world that is so connected, being isolated isn't a good thing... especially after just hosting the most expensive winter Olympics in history ($50 billion).

Also, Georgia is different, because Georgia attacked somebody else first with military force. Ukraine on the other hand is just trying to solve it's own political issues diplomatically.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Georgia was trying to reclaim a port or something that used to be within their own country weren't they?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Don't know enough of the whole situation. I know that the Georgians started using mortars on a city or something.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 03, 2014, 06:39:26 AM

We tested Russia's gangster in Syria and didn't want any and a couple of (years?) ago they invaded Georgia and nobody did jack shit.

Until Russia actually moves on one of our own interest then they will probably be met with sanctions and public outcry and not much else.

And all you on the fence far left wingers better hope Russia and the USA don't mobilize on each other because all you guys will be drafted for WW3.

maybe we can all meet up and call ourselves the AVPG Squad.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Vepariga on Mar 03, 2014, 09:03:13 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 03, 2014, 06:39:26 AM

maybe we can all meet up and call ourselves the AVPG Squad.

Inglorious Bastards: AvPG Edition

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed