In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,626 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Sabby on Feb 27, 2014, 05:36:11 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2014, 05:18:29 PM
Get yourself a personal trainer. A certified professional is the best person to advise you on workout and dieting.

If I could afford that, I would jump at it.

You can be Kimarhi's intern! 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Feb 27, 2014, 05:27:23 PM
Follow through is important.  A wellness plan is worthless if it is not followed through.  People will still argue with certified professionals instead, when all they really want to do is help :-\

I hate people like that. You've found the f**king solution; quit bitching!

Topazora

Topazora

I am coming from a point of view of some one that doesn't make a lot of money,  and the only reason I can afford a gym membership is because I still live with my family.  If I were out on my own,  I wouldn't have that membership.  I just don't understand why weight loss has to be so expensive and complicated.
And the reason I go to the gym is that it gives me a safe place to workout after work.  As much as I hate to say it, I'm looking forward to daylight savings time so I can go back to walking to work and not walk in the dark.  And I hate daylight savings time.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I kept buying my own gym stuff.  First I got a weider full body workout system, then a treadmill.  Some dumbells and ez bars.  All of which cost under 1,000 total dollars with most of it being the treadmill.

I became like animal.  But I couldn't bring it with me because its big stuff.  Now I just do bodyweight exercises because its more beneficial to build muscular endurance than overall strength in ze Armeh.

Topazora

Topazora

The gym I go to is actually pretty affordable- $10/m not bad.  And I don't have to deal with maintenance. Besides,  I love running on the treadmill and elliptical ;D endorphin boost definitely. But yeah I should do some floor exercises when I get home, I won't have to go to the gym... since I gotta drive my mom to bunco. Here's hoping brushing my teeth before hand will deter me from eating the snacks :-X

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Topazora on Feb 27, 2014, 05:49:05 PM
I am coming from a point of view of some one that doesn't make a lot of money,  and the only reason I can afford a gym membership is because I still live with my family.  If I were out on my own,  I wouldn't have that membership.  I just don't understand why weight loss has to be so expensive and complicated.
And the reason I go to the gym is that it gives me a safe place to workout after work.  As much as I hate to say it, I'm looking forward to daylight savings time so I can go back to walking to work and not walk in the dark.  And I hate daylight savings time.

It doesn't have to be expensive or complicated, try Shaun T.  All you need is a DVD player :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJb1iOgiQI#

Insanity yes, but I don't recommend the Asylum. 

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2014, 05:42:28 PM
I hate people like that. You've found the f**king solution; quit bitching!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It doesn't. That's the biggest misconception about exercise. Whenever hear terms like, "exercise", "work out", "train", etc... they assume it means going to a gym and lifting the heaviest weight or running the quickest and longest mile. It can be as simple as walking every day, taking a few minutes during the work day to get up a move around a little, make better nutritional choices...

You just have to want to.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Feb 27, 2014, 06:12:57 PM

It doesn't have to be expensive or complicated, try Shaun T.  All you need is a DVD player :)

A friend of mine actually gave me PX90 dvd.
I'm sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, or making excuses.  I just don't like it when people start telling you that you need eat only fresh organic foods and that everything else is the devil, when all you can afford is everything else.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2014, 06:32:21 PM

Want isn't the problem. I want to lose weight. I want to be healthy. I want it a lot. The reason I'm not is I lack willpower. That's the real roadblock. I know how to eat healthy and be active, but after a week of routine, I deviate.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Find a reason to be consistent. What type of body do you want? What type of lifestyle do you want to lead?

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2014, 06:32:21 PM

It doesn't. That's the biggest misconception about exercise. Whenever hear terms like, "exercise", "work out", "train", etc... they assume it means going to a gym and lifting the heaviest weight or running the quickest and longest mile. It can be as simple as walking every day, taking a few minutes during the work day to get up a move around a little, make better nutritional choices...

I know,  like I said,  I joined the gym to give me a safe place to workout while its cold and dark in the winter. Otherwise,  I like to use neighborhood pool and tske my dog for a walk.  I just can't afford expensive weight loss programs or organic, fresh foods.  I buy my veggies frozen,  because they last.  And I eat generic chicken and eggs.  I'm just saying the key to weight loss is eat less.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Topazora on Feb 27, 2014, 06:37:48 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Feb 27, 2014, 06:12:57 PM

A friend of mine actually gave me PX90 dvd.
I'm sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, or making excuses.  I just don't like it when people start telling you that you need eat only fresh organic foods and that everything else is the devil, when all you can afford is everything else.

Organic food is not in my budget either.  Nor am I totally sold on it.  I have watched several people shed weight by making moderate changes to diet and exercise.  Not everyone has the budget for exotic diets or gyms, but taking walks as Doom recommended, as well as incorporating nutritious food choices will make a difference.

Sometimes making a significant change to a routine or a diet will be difficult to keep.  For some it takes increments to make it stick as a lifestyle, others can jump right it.  A conscience effort is a great start :)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2014, 06:40:42 PM
Find a reason to be consistent. What type of body do you want? What type of lifestyle do you want to lead?

Bikini season is coming  ;D

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2014, 06:40:42 PM

Believe me, I know what I need to do, and I'm trying. I'm channeling my self loathing to stick to the Optifast (and yes, I'm doing the proper transitional stages, like your supposed to). I just need to drop weight, nothing specific or advanced right now.

I just thought the conversation could benefit from the perspective of someone who generally knows what they need to do and struggle to do it, as that seems to be the typical kind of story when it comes to weight loss.

We should probably start a fitness thread to continue this.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

21 days for anything to become a habit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed