In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,710 times)

Rong

Rong

who the f**k is paying for it all... 200k is a big investment shits cray.

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-theory-teleport-energy-distances.html

wow this is significant.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 29, 2014, 10:46:28 PM
lol, like how does this kind of shit even happen?  :laugh:
One massive pile in.
It looks like the space battle from revenge of the sith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI#ws

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Shit is absolutely f**king ridiculous.  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Rong on Jan 29, 2014, 10:47:01 PM
http://phys.org/news/2014-01-theory-teleport-energy-distances.html

wow this is significant.

Holy shit. I'd heard about teleporting photons, but now they're moving on to other forms of energy. How much longer until they bridge the gap to matter?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 30, 2014, 06:51:13 AM
Holy shit. I'd heard about teleporting photons, but now they're moving on to other forms of energy.
They're the same thing :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Notice I said "other forms of energy". :-*

SiL

SiL

What other forms? All energy is made of photons ???

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

No. That's just one form of energy. There's the energy held within the chemical bonds of molecules, the energy of moving masses, the potential energy defined by reference frames...

Although, granted, things get really muddled at the quantum level. So I may be totally wrong, and everything might actually tie back into photons.

Rong

Rong

Not sure how far they are off stuff like that, but the fact they can teleport electricity means a lot for solar energy no loss over lines

BANE

BANE

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 30, 2014, 07:32:51 AM
No. That's just one form of energy. There's the energy held within the chemical bonds of molecules, the energy of moving masses, the potential energy defined by reference frames...

Although, granted, things get really muddled at the quantum level. So I may be totally wrong, and everything might actually tie back into photons.
Pretty much anything can have energy. Just lift up a cracker above the ground and it's got gravitational potential energy.

SiL

SiL

Everything has energy in it at all times, but it's communicated as photons when released/received.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 29, 2014, 10:44:19 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2014/01/29/eve-online-battle-gaming/5020753/

Crazy stuff.

So the gamers have to actually pay for the ships to be built? I hope these guys have a lot saved up.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quantum teleportation is the transference of states between systems, not the transference of particles; energy is a property and isn't 'made up' of anything (it couldn't be, otherwise you couldn't teleport it).

Because the energetic state of a system can be thought of practically as the state of the force carrying particles within that system (photons) at any given time, then you can teleport the energetic state of that system using photon entanglement. If you can entangle bosons then in theory you can transfer any form of energy, other than that gravity shit.

Cvalda

Cvalda

An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow - NY Times

QuoteWhat's your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother's electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we'd go to Paris and I'd be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

For as long as I could remember, my father had been doing things to me that I didn't like. I didn't like how often he would take me away from my mom, siblings and friends to be alone with him. I didn't like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn't like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn't like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out. I would hide under beds or lock myself in the bathroom to avoid these encounters, but he always found me. These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal. I thought this was how fathers doted on their daughters. But what he did to me in the attic felt different. I couldn't keep the secret anymore.

I don't care if he finger raped his daughter in an attic and then married her adopted sister! He's a Great Man™ and we should all respect that!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed