In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,476 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 02, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
I...

What in the living actual f**k am I looking at?

Spoiler
For your viewing pleasure.
Spoiler
This is your last chance.  Afte this, there is no going back.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jan 15, 2014, 04:43:12 AM
I...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
A real life Jabba the Hutt.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jan 15, 2014, 04:43:12 AM
I...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

I'm quite glad you included all those spoilers plus the Matrix shot because it honestly deterred me from clicking on that last link.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

:laugh:

Cal427eb

WinterActual

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

It seems mankind is paving the path for immortality:
http://www.industryweek.com/technology/next-wave-manufacturing-human-organs

If people can keep themselves alive by replacing their organs as they go bad, how long will people be able to keep themselves alive?  We already have population problems in many areas, imagine if we extend our bodies even longer than intended. 

We had this discussion at work the other day, how much of our brain cells can be replaced before we lose the essence of what makes us, well, us?  How old do we really want to get? 

Personally I don't want to look like Skeletor just to stick around for an extra day, nor do I want to be a burden on the next generation.  However, with disposable time it might be a great opportunity to take a one way trip to Mars or into space.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Replacing organs isn't good enough. We need to create genetic immortality fortified by nano bots, and the ability to preserve and digitize brains. The rich and those proven useful are going to form a technocracy sooner or later, probably long before it's feasible for off world populations. No one wants to admit it, but ballooning population could easily undo us all.
_____

I wouldn't mind extending my life indefinitely, but then I'm not one of those yolo types either.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jan 16, 2014, 07:48:27 PM
Replacing organs isn't good enough. We need to create genetic immortality fortified by nano bots, and the ability to preserve and digitize brains.
This. Why to try to make replacement bio organs, instead to create something mechanical which will last for the next 100 years? I don't think the human body would be able to withstand indefinite replacements over and over again.

BANE

BANE

Why try to live forever? What greed...

Rong

Rong

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 16, 2014, 04:32:14 PM
It seems mankind is paving the path for immortality:
http://www.industryweek.com/technology/next-wave-manufacturing-human-organs

If people can keep themselves alive by replacing their organs as they go bad, how long will people be able to keep themselves alive?  We already have population problems in many areas, imagine if we extend our bodies even longer than intended. 

We had this discussion at work the other day, how much of our brain cells can be replaced before we lose the essence of what makes us, well, us?  How old do we really want to get? 

Personally I don't want to look like Skeletor just to stick around for an extra day, nor do I want to be a burden on the next generation.  However, with disposable time it might be a great opportunity to take a one way trip to Mars or into space.

This won't be for poor fags, only available to a small population of the world.

also there is research into the stoping the shortening of telomeres which is apparently what controls ageing, no skeletoring.

you can bet that it will get outlawed and restricted pretty quickly, which of course will send it underground into the hands of criminal networks.

strange days indeed.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: BANE on Jan 16, 2014, 08:38:58 PM
Why try to live forever? What greed...
Indefinitely, not forever. But yeah, I think anyone who honestly hopes to live in human form until the end of time has a screw loose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed