In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,360 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Agreed.

Gotta love Canada's maple syrup-scented plastic $100 and $50 bills.

Rong

Rong

and i bet someone counterfits it in a month or two

BANE

BANE

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 08, 2013, 01:08:06 AM
Agreed.

I didn't believe the SportChek employee who told me that they actually smelled like maple-syrup. I regrettably responded with "Here, just a second, let me lick my bill; I hear they even taste of bacon now  ::)".

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It's gotta be a fresh bill, but the scent is there.

Rong

Rong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24429621

Nuclear fusion milestone passed at US lab

QuoteThe BBC understands that during an experiment in late September, the amount of energy released through the fusion reaction exceeded the amount of energy being absorbed by the fuel - the first time this had been achieved at any fusion facility in the world.

ChrisPachi

Blacklabel

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 08, 2013, 01:08:06 AM
Agreed.

Wait, what? Are you serious?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Upon research, it's apparently a myth.

But I swear to god, I've smelt it, I've smelt it!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 09, 2013, 04:34:37 PM
Upon research, it's apparently a myth.

But I swear to god, I've smelt it, I've smelt it!

No wonder, with all the Canadians touching them with their syrup sticky fingers.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Jesus Christ a fabrication?

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

QuoteAmerican Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

SM

SM

Somebody call Dan Brown...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"...is sure to upset some believers..."

Understatement of the century.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Oct 10, 2013, 01:02:08 AM
Somebody call Dan Brown...
This.

Enormous buttload of crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed