In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,205 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In other news...

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/09/13/new_delhi_gang_rape_men_sentenced_to_death.html

Well that was a long haul. While I don't disagree with the decision, does anyone think that their judgements may have been fueled by public anger rather than objective law-making?

SM

SM

Possibly.

But there's already a death penalty for murder in India so it's not like they're making it up just for these f**kers.

Though I'm opposed to the death penalty in principle I will hypocritically not shed a tear for them. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hey I don't blame you. I feel the same way. We should remember though that rape is a multi-sex problem in India. Check this out.

http://toysoldier.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/a-sad-day-for-male-rape-victims-in-india/
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Only-men-can-be-booked-for-rape/Article1-1021702.aspx

SM

SM

I'm going to go out on a limb without any stats and say the female on male rape is miniscule compared to male on female - especially on the sub continent.

Kinda dumb for the law to restrict it to gender though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Such stats wouldn't surprise me, but it's rather misandric to only book men for it.

In other news, here's an obituary that's making people smile it seems.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 13, 2013, 12:00:11 PM
Such stats wouldn't surprise me, but it's rather misandric to only book men for it.

In other news, here's an obituary that's making people smile it seems.

That's sad in more ways than one.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

http://t.news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/syria-chemical-weapons-deal-reached-by-us-and-russia-1

QuoteThe United States and Russia say they have reached an agreement on a framework for securing Syria's chemical weapons after the third day of intense negotiations in Geneva.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov say some elements of the deal include a timetable and how Syria must comply — and that if Syria fails, they will seek a Security Council resolution that could authorize military action.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sure, start a war with yet another country because they won't listen to your loudmouth. Pfft.

DC

DC

At least another war seems to be temporarily averted.
Temporarily.

BANE

BANE

At least until another Middle Eastern leader accidentally farts or something at an international conference and the US is within smelling range.  ::)

Eva

Eva

So Assad got away with it... good for him. It pays to have a loyal friend in Putin and the weakest US and UK administrations in recent memory. Not that any of this will stop Kerry & co. in spinning and selling this development as a diplomatic victory.

I guess this is the true legacy of a decade under the Bush doctrine and the war weariness it has inflicted on the West.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: BANE on Sep 15, 2013, 08:34:55 PM
At least until another Middle Eastern leader accidentally farts or something at an international conference and the US is within smelling range.  ::)

Well, only if it smells like oil in which case they'll come running with bells on.

SM

SM

Quote from: Eva on Sep 15, 2013, 09:24:48 PM
So Assad got away with it... good for him. It pays to have a loyal friend in Putin and the weakest US and UK administrations in recent memory. Not that any of this will stop Kerry & co. in spinning and selling this development as a diplomatic victory.

I guess this is the true legacy of a decade under the Bush doctrine and the war weariness it has inflicted on the West.

A bunch of western troops didn't have to die?  What a disappointment.

DC

DC

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2013, 11:22:12 AM
Quote from: BANE on Sep 15, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Well, only if it smells like oil in which case they'll come running with bells on.

:laugh:

You wanna know a joke funnier than the one in your signature?

"Military Intelligence"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DC on Sep 16, 2013, 11:46:51 AM
You wanna know a joke funnier than the one in your signature?

"Military Intelligence"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Groucho Marx = NB4U.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed