In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,814 times)

Aspie

Gate

Gate

I cant believe they are comparing the Trayvon Martin shooting to Emmit Till. f**k that

Aspie

Aspie

Sensationalism.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Gate on Jul 14, 2013, 09:32:52 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/970073_518369784898690_1795315384_n.jpg

I cant believe they are comparing the Trayvon Martin shooting to Emmit Till. f**k that
Zimmerman isn't even white.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aspie on Jul 14, 2013, 04:16:03 PM
Zimmerman wasn't set free because he wasn't black (he himself is a minority), he was decided to be "not guilty" primarily due to the mishandling of the evidence initially, questionable prosecution, and Florida's unfocused Stand Your Ground law. Although race played a huge part in the media, no one can say for sure how much it affected Zimmerman's actions or the result of the trial.

Aspie.

You're not allowed to use logic.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: The One and Only on Jul 14, 2013, 03:50:52 PM
The Big Media's smearing of George Zimmerman.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/13/Media-Zimmerman-Coverage-Rap-Sheet

Yeah, quote breitbart.com, not biased at all...

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2013, 12:50:37 PM
It's Florida. Floridian law was on Zimmermans side.

I just don't buy the race case. The bottom line is that people are dangerous. Be it with their fist or their trigger finger. Was Zimmerman right to pursue someone he may have well assumed to be up to no good? Even if we declare him absolutely wrong Trayvon made a huge mistake by back tracking and put himself into a deadly situation. After that it's all what if's.

So it's ok to kill / shoot someone if that person looks intimidating to you? You should get off scott-free after shooting and killing another person, a person that you pursued and cornered but happened to fight back???

There is still racism in this country. It's here and it's very real still. Just because things have gotten better and more complex doesn't mean that it's gone. The same case but with Trayvon Martin being white would have ended with another verdict, probably manslaughter, maybe even murder. Denying or even questioning that is to me just blatantly silly.

Quote from: Aspie on Jul 14, 2013, 04:16:03 PM
Zimmerman wasn't set free because he wasn't black (he himself is a minority), he was decided to be "not guilty" primarily due to the mishandling of the evidence initially, questionable prosecution, and Florida's unfocused Stand Your Ground law. Although race played a huge part in the media, no one can say for sure how much it affected Zimmerman's actions or the result of the trial.

It's very obvious. Take the entire situation but Trayvon Martin being white instead of a person of color, and Zimmerman would've been in really deep, deep doodoo right now. Him (Zimmerman) being a minority, armed, following a white unarmed teenager (Martin) just because he didn't like his appearance, then starts hassling the white teenager - the cornered teenager pushes back and a violent fight erupts between the two, ending with Zimmerman - a minority, shooting and killing Trayvon - a white teenager with his entire life in front of him... The case wouldn't have even reached media, because Zimmerman would've been charged with murder or at least manslaughter.

Florida f****d up here, really bad. THEY turned this into a race thing; their incompetence invited the media to turn this into a silly "race war" spectacle. Thankfully it seems like the Justice Department is going to review this case and verdict since things where not handled the right way here.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 14, 2013, 05:01:04 PM
http://www.facebook.com/michaeljaiwhite?ref=ts&fref=ts

Michael Jai White (Spawn, Black Dynamite) says:

QuoteI'd like to help George Zimmerman. I know that he is worried about his safety and I'd like to offer my services. He knows how important it is that he not be found by those who might do him harm and I'm just the guy who can make that happen. I would meet with him, take him to a secluded location and I'd make sure no one would ever find him again!

:laugh:

Wow.

Rong

Rong

ShadowPred

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 15, 2013, 03:05:13 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 14, 2013, 12:50:37 PM
It's Florida. Floridian law was on Zimmermans side.

I just don't buy the race case. The bottom line is that people are dangerous. Be it with their fist or their trigger finger. Was Zimmerman right to pursue someone he may have well assumed to be up to no good? Even if we declare him absolutely wrong Trayvon made a huge mistake by back tracking and put himself into a deadly situation. After that it's all what if's.

So it's ok to kill / shoot someone if that person looks intimidating to you? You should get off scott-free after shooting and killing another person, a person that you pursued and cornered but happened to fight back???

There is still racism in this country. It's here and it's very real still. Just because things have gotten better and more complex doesn't mean that it's gone. The same case but with Trayvon Martin being white would have ended with another verdict, probably manslaughter, maybe even murder. Denying or even questioning that is to me just blatantly silly.
Not arguing whether racism is real or not. It is. However I disagree racism existed in this altercation. Trayvon got shot because he beat the shit out of Zimmerman. At the end of the day Zimmerman called 911 and was told to stand down. As far as the evidence shows he did cease his purist. Trayvon upon noticing Zimmerman responded by assaulting him on his own accord. Regardless of the reasons you aren't allowed to seek revenge nor are you allowed to just beat someone up. In this case trayvon had the overwhelming advantage over the weaker Zimmerman. In the eyes of the law it is self-defense.

Both 2nd degree murder and manslaughter were wholly unprovable. Zimmerman was not out to murder Trayvon. Even negligent homicide was unprovable. Under the law the best they could go for was felony assault. Still there is civil court to pursue. Making this a civil rights case is not likely.

PVTDukeMorrison

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I have one thing to say about the Zimmerman case. Here's my status update from Facebook.

QuoteSo the Zimmerman trial is over. Can we all move on with our lives and find something actually worth worrying about? Seriously, this has practically become the O.J. Simpson case of the 2000s.

I'm sorry, but this case really isn't all that important on a global scale. To American citizens, yes, I can sympathize but for the world it seems to freak out the way it did is a bit much. 

Rong

Rong

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 15, 2013, 05:54:02 AM
I have one thing to say about the Zimmerman case. Here's my status update from Facebook.

QuoteSo the Zimmerman trial is over. Can we all move on with our lives and find something actually worth worrying about? Seriously, this has practically become the O.J. Simpson case of the 2000s 2010's.

I'm sorry, but this case really isn't all that important on a global scale. To American citizens, yes, I can sympathize but for it to make the front page when honestly, I don't see it being all that different from most trials I hear about, is a bit much.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lol, yeah, good point.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 15, 2013, 05:54:02 AM

QuoteSo the Zimmerman trial is over. Can we all move on with our lives and find something actually worth worrying about? Seriously, this has practically become the O.J. Simpson case of the 2000s.

I'm sorry, but this case really isn't all that important on a global scale. To American citizens, yes, I can sympathize but for the world it seems to freak out the way it did is a bit much.
No, you have a point and I agree with you. Time to move on. This case never should have gotten as much attention as it did in the first place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed