In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,508 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2013, 05:09:04 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 13, 2013, 04:49:22 AM
Lulz on the spoiler, not being able to tell stories or make people care about characters, what a load of shit from two people who have gone insane.

Why?  By and large they're correct.  Of course many video game characters gain a fan following, but why bother caring about their fate when you just go back to the last save point when you die?  They generally have to live in order for the game's 'story' to be completed - so ultimately there's little real jeopardy and they're immune.

Doesn't apply for all games, especially when there's scripted events when characters that the player has grown fond of end up dying and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

SM

SM

I didn't say it did apply for all games.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I must have misread.

Aspie

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Holy shit. That is some serious determination.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It took Chevron two whole days to send a rescue mission? How unsurprising.

SM

SM

By day he is mild mannered Harrison Okene - but when there is a call for help...

* - For water based emergencies only (including deltas and estuaries).  For land based emergencies call Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Wolverine, the Ninja Turtles, the A-Team, Bananaman, or pretty much anyone else.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2013, 05:53:08 AM
By day he is mild mannered Harrison Okene - but when there is a call for help...

http://www.google.com.au/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2451/4071080714_28b232431f.jpg&sa=X&ei=lly5UYzPBcyAkwW0q4GoDA&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGihxcQ36GKaziDPvSxfIWxbMlygQ

* - For water based emergencies only (including deltas and estuaries).  For land based emergencies call Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Wolverine, the Ninja Turtles, the A-Team, Bananaman, or pretty much anyone else.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/chael-sonnen-says-lebron-james-dork-224742109.html

gtfo sonnen

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 13, 2013, 05:55:45 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/chael-sonnen-says-lebron-james-dork-224742109.html

gtfo sonnen

Quote"I think LeBron's a dork. He won one world championship, and that was in the Olympic Games. It's so aggravating to hear a title be called a 'world champion' when it's only done in America. It's not a global event where the whole world can participate. You didn't win a world title. You won a national title."

Get over yourself Chael. You came up short in three title fights, only one of which you actually earned.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 13, 2013, 04:50:37 AM
To be fair, Spielberg has never been able to make good films.
Saving Private Ryan?
Schindler's List?
Indiana Jones?
E.T?
Amistad?
A.I Artificial Intelligence?
Catch Me If You Can?
The Terminal?
War Horse?

What?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Arizona Senator's Son Used Homophobic, Racist Language On Twitter

QuoteWASHINGTON — Sen. Jeff Flake's high school–aged son Tanner used Twitter to threaten the "faggot" who stole his bike that he "will find you, and ... will beat the crap out of you," joked about an acquaintance stealing one-liners because he's Jewish, and went by the name "n1ggerkiller" in an online game.

"I'm very disappointed in my teenage son's words, and I sincerely apologize for the insensitivity. This language is unacceptable, anywhere. Needless to say, I've already spoken with him about this, he has apologized, and I apologize as well," Sen. Flake said in a statement to BuzzFeed.

LOL, I'm sure he's real sorry... that this will give him bad publicity. Arizona -- one of the few states that can give Texas a run for its money in wretchedness.

BANE

BANE

Jesus. :-\

Although the bike one isn't really on the same level as the others.

Cvalda

Cvalda

There are, of course, different degrees of "faggot".

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 13, 2013, 09:44:10 PM
Arizona Senator's Son Used Homophobic, Racist Language On Twitter

QuoteWASHINGTON — Sen. Jeff Flake's high school–aged son Tanner used Twitter to threaten the "faggot" who stole his bike that he "will find you, and ... will beat the crap out of you," joked about an acquaintance stealing one-liners because he's Jewish, and went by the name "n1ggerkiller" in an online game.

"I'm very disappointed in my teenage son's words, and I sincerely apologize for the insensitivity. This language is unacceptable, anywhere. Needless to say, I've already spoken with him about this, he has apologized, and I apologize as well," Sen. Flake said in a statement to BuzzFeed.

LOL, I'm sure he's real sorry... that this will give him bad publicity. Arizona -- one of the few states that can give Texas a run for its money in wretchedness.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/6/12/18/enhanced-buzz-6552-1371074654-4.jpg
People favorite this shit?

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 13, 2013, 09:52:50 PM
There are, of course, different degrees of "faggot".
I'd be pretty angry if someone stole my bike.

Although this is on twitter, so the stupidity level rises because he's (apparently, although it doesn't appear so) had time to think about exactly what he's going to say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed