Author
In The News (Read 1,418,294 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Maybe Texas has their own experimental "Purge."

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2013, 12:24:10 AM
Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 11, 2013, 09:52:41 PM
Not sure if posted:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/eichenwald/2013/05/why-ezekiel-gilbert-s-acquittal-proves-the-lunacy-of-texas-s-gun-laws

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/06/texas-jury-says-its-cool-to-murder-prostitutes-for-not-having-sex-with-you/

Basically a Texas man bought a date thinking she was a hooker, and when she tried to leave with his $150, he shot her in the head for not having sex with him. He was acquitted because apparently in Texas you can use lethal force to prevent "theft or mischief", and he simply perceived her to be stealing from him.

It doesn't just prove the lunacy of gun laws in Texas, it proves the lunacy of gun culture in the States, period. If guns weren't so damn popular, this wouldn't be happening.

Respectively, this has nothing to do with gun ownership.  There are many responsible gun owners who would never use lethal force outside of protecting their family from harm no matter what is being stolen from them.

For example, if some person were climbing out of my window with a laptop or tv, I would not grab my gun.  If someone were climbing out of the window with my 10 year old, that's a whole different story. 

Owning a gun does not change the way a person thinks.  If some lunatic would actually take a human life over $150, gun or no gun he would still act like a lunatic when he thinks someone stole from him.  Owning a gun helps protect the rest of us from the crazy people with little to no value on human life.

Aspie

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jun 12, 2013, 06:15:42 PMOwning a gun helps protect the rest of us from the crazy people with little to no value on human life.
And it also helps the crazy people with little to no value on human life carry out their deeds.

SM

SM

QuoteOwning a gun does not change the way a person thinks.  If some lunatic would actually take a human life over $150, gun or no gun he would still act like a lunatic when he thinks someone stole from him.

The gun just allows him to act like a luncatic much faster, more conveniently, and with more lethal force.

Thwee cheers for the wed, white and bwue!!!

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2013, 11:04:38 PMThwee cheers for the wed, white and bwue!!!
That's just the Republicans...

Cal427eb

SM

SM

Thwee cheers for the white, white and white!!!

BANE

BANE

Kid's a better singer than the goofball who sings at Pittsburgh Penguins hockey games, I'll tell you that much.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Steven Spielberg Predicts 'Implosion' of Film Industry

QuoteLucas and Spielberg told USC students that they are learning about the industry at an extraordinary time of upheaval, where even proven talents find it difficult to get movies into theaters. Some ideas from young filmmakers "are too fringe-y for the movies," Spielberg said. "That's the big danger, and there's eventually going to be an implosion — or a big meltdown. There's going to be an implosion where three or four or maybe even a half-dozen megabudget movies are going to go crashing into the ground, and that's going to change the paradigm."

Lucas lamented the high cost of marketing movies and the urge to make them for the masses while ignoring niche audiences. He called cable television "much more adventurous" than film nowadays.

Considering Spielberg and Lucas basically created the kind of tentpole movies they are talking about, this is kind of ironic.

Spoiler
QuoteLucas and Spielberg also spoke of vast differences between filmmaking and video games because the latter hasn't been able to tell stories and make consumers care about the characters.
:P
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Lulz on the spoiler, not being able to tell stories or make people care about characters, what a load of shit from two people who have gone insane.

Aspie

Aspie

To be fair, Spielberg has never been able to make good films.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 13, 2013, 04:50:37 AM
To be fair, Spielberg has never been able to make good films.

You are nuts!

Aspie

Aspie

Jurassic Park was okay I guess, yeah.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 13, 2013, 04:52:16 AM
Jurassic Park was okay I guess, yeah.

I accept this.

SM

SM

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 13, 2013, 04:49:22 AM
Lulz on the spoiler, not being able to tell stories or make people care about characters, what a load of shit from two people who have gone insane.

Why?  By and large they're correct.  Of course many video game characters gain a fan following, but why bother caring about their fate when you just go back to the last save point when you die?  They generally have to live in order for the game's 'story' to be completed - so ultimately there's little real jeopardy and they're immune.

As for the other stuff they said, it sounds a lot like what Kevin Smith and other filmmakers he talks too, have been saying about the industry.  Studios either want ultra cheap (< $1m or so) or mega expensive movies ($60m, $70m and upwards).  They're not much for the middle range.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed