In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,094 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: BANE on Apr 16, 2013, 12:16:22 AM
If you follow the link Ridgetop posted you can see a gif of the explosion going off and some pretty graphic pictures of injuries (you've got to scroll through them, and they're near the bottom of his link about the shit disturber politician). Warning, though: There are images of shredded legs.

Damn, didn't even realize that. Yeah, heads up guys if you keep scrolling down.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: BANE on Apr 15, 2013, 10:10:46 PM
As bad as it is and sounds I hope it is domestic, for the sole reason being nobody needs another invasion.

I'll raise my hand in agreement to this.

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 15, 2013, 11:32:05 PM
Quote from: BANE on Apr 15, 2013, 10:10:46 PM
As bad as it is and sounds I hope it is domestic, for the sole reason being nobody needs another invasion.

Anyone think Al-Qaeda is involved?

Doubtful, they're f**king recruiting by making rap videos, and creating pamphlets to recruit people....no f**king way they're responsible for this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 16, 2013, 12:10:49 AM
^Agreed. Check out what this fool had to say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/erik-rush-boston-marathon-muslims_n_3087642.html?utm_hp_ref=media

Not that I care much for any religion but I met plenty of Muslims during my time in Egypt, the vast majority of them are good people and they get undue blame for shit like this. This was probably the work of some insane individual. I'd think it would have been better planned for more casualties if it was a terrorist attack.

Oh God, WE DON'T NEED THAT. Wrong time and place for sarcasm, you Conservative f**kwit.

Then again...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20130415-jordanian-extremist-praises-boston-bombing.ece

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

This news was terrible.  I was in the shower when it happen and I had no idea what happen until I sign on to MSN to see the news on the front page. Reminds me how the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

LET THE CONSPIRACIES BEGIN!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-marathon-roof-man-mystery-012843805.html

QuoteMystery man on roof near Boston Marathon bombing sparks Twitter debate

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

People over look into crap way too much  ::).

Gate

Gate

The Boston Bombings occurred on April 15th, 2013.
This year's Patriots' Day happens to fall on April 15th, 2013.
Patriot's day is a commemoration of the Battles of Lexington & Concord, the start of the American Revolutionary War.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Hope nobody on this forum was affected in any way... stay safe folks.

Effectz

Effectz

Wonder who will take responsibility,Have a feeling though that this is Domestic Terrorism.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Al Q is much more sophisticated than people give them credit for.  Its military training that they lack.  They could've came up with something like this to be sure.  We had a former Army SF officer who retired and was put on a counter IED taskforce teach us our IED lanes in AIT.  In between his retirement and his employment as one of the members of said taskforce he was a professor that taught engineering the University of Oklahoma. 

Al Q and all their affiliates send over guys with no previous background related to their (or other) organizations and bring them back as collegiate graduates with degrees in engineering to utilize them as bombmakers.  But since the US government can't prove they are going to be bombmakers they can't deny them student visas.   

The only good thing is that the US has a record of these guys if they pop up in the future.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Al Q tends to be flashier. I'm betting on domestic terrorism.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Most people here seem to think domestic terrorism as well.  Typically more people die overseas in an Al Q linked attack, but you also have to remember that they detonate their IEDs in third world countries instead of the US where medical help is readily available. 

Given the dates though I do find it suspicious. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 16, 2013, 01:29:57 PM
Most people here seem to think domestic terrorism as well.  Typically more people die overseas in an Al Q linked attack, but you also have to remember that they detonate their IEDs in third world countries instead of the US where medical help is readily available. 

Given the dates though I do find it suspicious.

Doubt that the date had much to do with anything. Marathons are just one of the most obvious ways to hit as many civilians as possible.

Metal ball bearings are being reported as being found in the area, which suggests whoever did it had at least some knowledge of anti-personnel devices. Two of them being timed to go off, one after the other, also implies the aim was to generate both intense fear and mass casualties, too. Not just one big single flashy 'statement'.

Right now, unless there's information we don't know about, it's likely to be either Islamic extremists (whether they were trained by Al Qaeda is almost a secondary issue) or possibly someone involved in the Occupy Wall Street movement. The event wasn't obviously linked to Capitalism, though (unless they're demented enough to be enraged by corporate sponsorship to do something like this), which makes the former option a lot more probable. Most extremists are fairly inept and incompetent (the excellent satire, 'Four Lions', was inspired by a lot of comical real-life cases), but every so often there'll be someone who can make things happen.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There are more than a few capable of extremist.  There is a reason IED/EFP are the number one killer of allied troops/Iraqi/Afghani civilians overseas. 

The low casualty count compared to one bomb doing much more damage over in the sandbox and the Stan are reasons why people over here are pointing toward domestic terrorism.  Also typically Islamist extremist want everybody to know it was them as soon as possible.

The Boston Marathon I believe is always set on those dates, though I'm not sure.  Could be coincidence. 

The FBI and Boston PD are suggesting that it has the look of an Al Q bomb, only because the design is fairly common for rookie bombmakers on their online "field" manuals.

We will know soon enough though. 

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

http://news.yahoo.com/u-top-court-weighs-patentability-human-genes-170442830--finance.html

This got over shadowed by the Boston bombings, which is a shame because patents on HIV and cancer strains limit research to just those who own them. And most only release their research if they can turn a profit off it. Breakthroughs that could have saved countless lives have happened if all these patents weren't in place.

The ridiculousness of gene patenting and the likes was first known to me when I started reading Next by Michael Crichton. He was outraged and wrote a book about it. Last book he wrote before dying, which is ironic..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed