In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,418,221 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I played tug of war as a kid on and off and I was never even scratched while playing. How hard was the opposing team pulling? Yikes.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 07, 2013, 05:14:26 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 07, 2013, 04:54:09 AM
What the f**k kind of  "rope" where they using? Piano wire?!
Actually most of the time dismemberment happens is because one side lets go of the rope and the recoil or rope severed body parts. A girl in my grade level lost her arm because of this. However the larger ropes are the most dangerous, like the rope you use for tug of war.

Holy shit, this is really some surprising stuff, I've never heard of anything like this before, god damn.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 07, 2013, 05:16:28 AM
I played tug of war as a kid on and off and I was never even scratched while playing. How hard was the opposing team pulling? Yikes.
Class vs class. Maybe 60 5th graders plus a few adults. Imagine taking an inch and a half thick rope and stretching it? That builds up tremendous amount of energy and can make the rope into a cutting edge. This is also why most states in the US banned anchoring or wrapping the rope around body parts. However it doesn't take much to tear fingers out of the joints.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/02/06/uganda-kill-the-gays-bill-back-on-table-as-parliament-reconvenes/

QuoteThe Ugandan Parliament reconvened on Tuesday following its Christmas break and announced a packed agenda, including picking up its so-called "Kill the Gays" bill.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well at least he isn't dressing up with some other false agenda like Republicans would.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The stupid here is so f**king huge, that I'm sure one of us is going to die laughing at it:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

QuoteThanks to Fox News and its expert commentators, millions of Americans now understand the real, hidden reason why Germany's solar-energy industry is so much further along than ours. Turns out it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany's government has long supported the industry far more generously, with policies like feed-in tariffs that stimulate investment in green technologies. No, the real reason is much simpler, explained a trio of journalists on Fox & Friends: It's always sunny in Germany!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 07:52:27 AM
The stupid here is so f**king huge, that I'm sure one of us is going to die laughing at it:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

QuoteThanks to Fox News and its expert commentators, millions of Americans now understand the real, hidden reason why Germany's solar-energy industry is so much further along than ours. Turns out it has nothing to do with the fact that Germany's government has long supported the industry far more generously, with policies like feed-in tariffs that stimulate investment in green technologies. No, the real reason is much simpler, explained a trio of journalists on Fox & Friends: It's always sunny in Germany!

Truthfully, it was your first line that was hilarious. The rest was funny but without that headline... :D

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 07:52:27 AM

Seriously? People are too stupid to tell that when they said "It's always sunny in Germany" was meant as a joke.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This isn't the Onion. If it was, I'd believe it was a joke.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2013, 10:45:04 PM

Grimes is talking about the actual phrase.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 10:57:18 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 08, 2013, 10:45:04 PM
Grimes is talking about the actual phrase.
Thank you! I was referring to that phrase. People like to scrutinize every thing that the news anchors of FNC say to make fun of how stupid they are. They take things out of context (like that phrase) and say "hey look! they're stupid lol!" It pisses me off.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

But the Fox News people are genuinely dumb, that expert actually believed what he was saying, and no one there called him out on it.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Well then, the "expert" was dumb.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 08, 2013, 11:09:19 PM

But you have to ask the question as to why the hosts weren't calling him out on his BS.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 08, 2013, 11:11:47 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 08, 2013, 11:09:19 PM

But you have to ask the question as to why the hosts weren't calling him out on his BS.

I'd have to see the video to answer your question.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed