In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,416,360 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2013, 03:51:45 AM
Ah.  So video game nerds are just a ignorantly rabid as pro-gun fruit loops...

This Biden thing seems quite wide ranging.  It's much more beneficial for the gaming industry to be involved so they can make a meaningful contribution and protect their investment.  If they decide not to participate they'll look like arseholes who don't want to fix the problem.

I don't see how the ESA can help fix a problem that they sure as hell don't cause.

DoomRulz

SM

SM

QuoteI don't see how the ESA can help fix a problem that they sure as hell don't cause.

You're missing the point.

Whether than can help fix it or not is irrelevant.  As long as they look they're helping to try and fix it, it makes them look good.

And if they don't cause it (which they don't - at least in any meaningful way), they're part of an entertainment industry that glorifies violence, and you'd be foolish to think some people aren't influenced by that violence.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 11, 2013, 03:59:32 AM
You may wish to read the following:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/kamicasey/2013/01/09/an-open-letter-to-gamasturas-kris-graft-youre-dead-wrong/

The biggest point I agree on that my rage clearly didn't allow my mind to read earlier about was this quote from that article:

QuoteLet's show them why games matter, why games aren't to blame for horrific things like what happened in Newtown. Together we can do this.

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2013, 04:01:15 AM
QuoteI don't see how the ESA can help fix a problem that they sure as hell don't cause.

You're missing the point.

Whether than can help fix it or not is irrelevant.  As long as they look they're helping to try and fix it, it makes them look good.

And if they don't cause it (which they don't - at least in any meaningful way), they're part of an entertainment industry that glorifies violence, and you'd be foolish to think some people aren't influenced by that violence.

I never once said that violence in the entertainment industry doesn't have any sort of influence whatsoever on people. I'm saying that video games, one part of the entertainment industry, shouldn't be a scapegoat.

SM

SM

And what better way to defend themselves from being scapegoated than participating in the process?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Which I clearly wasn't thinking about as I mentioned in my post above in regards to what Doom posted.

SM

SM

Clearly.  You got a brain in your head.  Don't be so easily swayed by narrow minded tools like this Kris Graft character.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Now that it's clear.

Cvalda

Cvalda

QuotePassengers on a Qantas jet flying over Australia got a shock when they spotted a 12ft python clinging on to a wing at 30,000ft.

The plane was around 20 minutes into its flight from Cairns in northern Australia to Papua New Guinea when a female passenger first announced she could see the reptile.

Those on board could only watch as the snake - thought to be a Scrub Python - spent the flight battling to survive in freezing conditions.

Poor thing :(

SM

SM

Only hardcore snakes allowed down here.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Holy shit, that thing is a survivor.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

LMAO

Cal427eb

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed