In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,428,455 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 12:28:57 PMUntil the conflict goes beyond their border, the Turks don't have to take up arms. They should be prepared for something spilling over but that doesn't mean they should invade Germany and settle things themselves.
A lot of shelling was spilling into Turkey as Syria was trying to kill fleeing refugees.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In which case, their involvement would be warranted but that's only after they've been hit. They didn't do what the U.S. normally seems to do and say, "Yeah, we kinda need resource X and because we're giant asshats, we'll cook up a story about WMDs and go ahead and invade. We'll deal with the bad PR later."

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 01:12:36 PMIn which case, their involvement would be warranted but that's only after they've been hit.
That warrant is almost a year overdue.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 01:12:36 PMThey didn't do what the U.S. normally seems to do and say, "Yeah, we kinda need resource X and because we're giant asshats, we'll cook up a story about WMDs and go ahead and invade. We'll deal with the bad PR later."
Bush 43 is an example of normality?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That was a specific example but it's not the first time the U.S. has exercised faux police powers and pushed other nations around to suit its own interests. Bush 41 did it with Iraq, Ford did it with Pinochet, Obama did it with Palestine and Hamas, Kennedy did it with Castro...

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 02:42:32 PM
That was a specific example but it's not the first time the U.S. has exercised faux police powers and pushed other nations around to suit its own interests. Bush 41 did it with Iraq, Ford did it with Pinochet, Obama did it with Palestine and Hamas, Kennedy did it with Castro...
Nevertheless, you agreed that the US should take action if Syria's whacky hijinks should spill out of their borders; they have. Visiting Syria has legitimacy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No I didn't. When did I say that?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 03:26:00 PM
No I didn't. When did I say that?

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 01:12:36 PMIn which case, their involvement would be warranted but that's only after they've been hit.
They've been hit. Time to gear up.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

...I was referring to Turkey. Unless Turkey is somehow an extension of America?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 03:54:47 PM
...I was referring to Turkey.
So was I.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 04, 2013, 03:54:47 PMUnless Turkey is somehow an extension of America?
Only on Thanksgiving Day.

DC

DC

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

And they say there's no justice in the world...

http://news.sky.com/story/1136523/rapist-discovers-his-victim-had-hiv

coolbreeze

DoomRulz

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 03, 2013, 11:45:08 AM
What I find to be amusing is that the people who insisted that the US should invade Iraq and Afghanistan when Bush 43 was in office are now against going to Syria with anti-Obama commentary.

So true, What's more depressing is this meme that seems to be catching on with the twenty something confused libertarian/conservative crowd.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It can't be helped that there are fools out there who still believe Obama is some sort of Heaven-sent saviour.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed