Survivor Multiplayer Trailer

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 20, 2012, 10:08:48 AM

Author
Survivor Multiplayer Trailer (Read 58,104 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

It would be nice if we could select which types of aliens can spawn and attack in survivor mode. Yeah I know, this probably isn't very rational, but I really don't look forward to fighting the silly mutant aliens. I can see myself just becoming irritated and bored each time one of them pops out. I just want to fight the awesome Cameron Aliens. How 'bout a purist mode for those of us who can't accept this shit? ;D

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Gren_86 on Nov 22, 2012, 08:05:07 PM
I strongly dislike their approach with this "Boiler" type of xeno mainly because it simply doesn't fit the Giger concept nor this universe.
Design wise, looks ridiculous and also serves no purpose to include a suicidal gimp in the mix! I don't mind creating new creatures but this is way off.
For instance I have no issues with the "Spitter" but with aliens such as the "Crusher" and this slot filler... really ?!?
I don't think that they can pull it off at this point, hopefully I'm wrong.

Agreed 90% (I don't really mind the crusher)

Light

Light

The exploding xenomorph is a punch in the face for anyone who liked alien movies. With this pile of crap they made aliens look like retarded space zombies, unable to even hurt a little human...
So much for the perfect organism that uses its intelligence and tactical thinking to evade its enemy before striking it.
We all wanted lifecycle, not this nonsense!

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

Well at least it seems that this boiler alien is pretty universally disliked. Maybe gearbox will actually think twice about weather all this 'cool' stuff they have added to the franchise is actually cool after all.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Light on Nov 23, 2012, 11:16:52 AM
The exploding xenomorph is a punch in the face for anyone who liked alien movies. With this pile of crap they made aliens look like retarded space zombies, unable to even hurt a little human...
So much for the perfect organism that uses its intelligence and tactical thinking to evade its enemy before striking it.

I agree, like some else previously pointed out that the xenos nowadays are portrayed as cannon fodder, which is a huge misrepresentation in my opinion.
Sure the image of the xenomorph has been out there for so many years and is embedded in our culture but that doesn't give them the right to diminish the origin traits of the creature itself. Considering the xenos as just another "bug hunt" is an insult to fans.
As to the crusher's overall design, it's fine I guess but isn't alien enough for my taste. It looks to familiar, a cross over between a regular xenomorph and a triceratops without horns.
You can't please everybody, that's a fact and it's very difficult to come up with something new and not too crazy at the same time but we hard core/casual fans alike must be demanding because we are the ones keeping the franchise alive through the years.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

This Reclaimer speaks the truth. I want my unstoppable Gigermorph and Runner back, not these insignificant insects- which remind me too much of Arachnid cannon-fodder from Starship Troopers.  :'(

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Nov 23, 2012, 10:01:51 PM

This Reclaimer speaks the truth. I want my unstoppable Gigermorph and Runner back, not these insignificant insects- which remind me too much of Arachnid cannon-fodder from Starship Troopers.  :'(

And then GBX makes a sequel with omnipotent predators wiping down A bunch of worthless bug drones while the "special" Xenos give them some trouble.

Gren_86

Gren_86

I don't see why GBX had to come up with new xeno types when they could have just repolished the ones from AvP2 by Monolith.
Why bother invent something that not only exists but also has passed the test of time. I mean the fan community of AvP2 is still active and has expanded over the years to a certain degree thanks to additional mods, skins and maps introduced by fans.

Why look for inspiration from games such as L4D when you had the golden opportunity to borrow ideas from a game set in the same god damn universe ???
I have always wanted to play a game like AvP 2 with photo realistic graphics and you ?     

[T)A]DarkDragon

Quote from: Gren_86 on Nov 24, 2012, 12:31:13 AM
I have always wanted to play a game like AvP 2 with photo realistic graphics and you ?   

thats just too much to ask for.

a exact remake of avp2 on cryengine 3 would make my life complete.

WinterActual

WinterActual

For now you can have just the remake of AvP 1 in CryEngine 3.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: [T)A]DarkDragon on Nov 24, 2012, 05:52:45 AM
Quote from: Gren_86 on Nov 24, 2012, 12:31:13 AM

thats just too much to ask for.

a exact remake of avp2 on cryengine 3 would make my life complete.

Hell Yeah!!

Stig783

Stig783

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvaXsiIl_fg#ws

Someones making a Aliens vs Marine mod/game, basically his re-doing the marine campaign out of AvP Gold. It looks sick! Using the cryengine 2.

WinterActual

WinterActual

There is a topic already.

Hemi

Hemi

While were going offtopic...shameless selfpromotion GO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0vH5ZJDCw#

Ontopic :

Yeah... Looks we can wave goodbye to the traditional alien. I mean from all we have seen...you might aswell replace them with space-zombies.

Elyphaleth

Elyphaleth

I actually like the Boiler. It fits pretty well in the Xenomorph hive-like social structure. Many insects sacrifice themselves to protect the hive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed