Ridley Scott talks Prometheus 2

Started by zuzuki, Oct 12, 2012, 06:12:16 AM

Author
Ridley Scott talks Prometheus 2 (Read 26,990 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not going to last long if he gets his ass to Mahs.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Byohzrd on Oct 12, 2012, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 12, 2012, 11:30:49 AM
He's just curious.
Curiosity killed the cat.

nope still kickin somewhere.
Oh my god, what if Jonesy got all those scientists to bring back Ripley cause she missed her, and she's the reason we got that movie! JOOONESY!!

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Byohzrd on Oct 12, 2012, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 12, 2012, 11:30:49 AM
He's just curious.
Curiosity killed the cat.

nope still kickin somewhere.

We never did see what happened to him since Aliens. :'( I want a Jonesy sequel!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 12, 2012, 05:38:55 PMWe never did see what happened to him since Aliens. :'( I want a Jonesy sequel!
He traveled back in time.

Spoiler
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 12, 2012, 05:40:22 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Oct 12, 2012, 05:38:55 PMWe never did see what happened to him since Aliens. :'( I want a Jonesy sequel!
He traveled back in time.

Spoiler
[close]

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

No Blade Runner sequel please.  :-\

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 12, 2012, 06:27:56 PM
No Blade Runner sequel please.  :-\
I would agree, but seeing as how Ridley hasn't lost his touch (I.e. Prometheus) I wouldn't mind him tackling it, just as long as they get a good writer, cause even Ridley can't make an exceptional movie from a bad script (I.e. Prometheus).
What I mean is the directing was good in Prometheus, but the story was meh.

DaddyYautja

QuoteWho are the Engineers?
Wasnt that the point of the first movie?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: HUGZZ on Oct 12, 2012, 01:31:09 PM[..] do none of you remember when David opened the door, without having any idea about what was behind it? Or how he picked Hollaway of all people to test the Black Goo on (probably because Hollaway was cruel to him, meaning it was a choice and wasn't just based on specific orders) just saying

Remember that he poisons Holloway straight after Weyland tells him to try harder. Everything that he does can just as easily be interpreted as carrying out Weyland's agenda, not his own.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Oct 12, 2012, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: HUGZZ on Oct 12, 2012, 01:31:09 PM[..] do none of you remember when David opened the door, without having any idea about what was behind it? Or how he picked Hollaway of all people to test the Black Goo on (probably because Hollaway was cruel to him, meaning it was a choice and wasn't just based on specific orders) just saying

Remember that he poisons Holloway straight after Weyland tells him to try harder. Everything that he does can just as easily be interpreted as carrying out Weyland's agenda, not his own.

I'm in agreement for the most part. Though the line: "Doesn't everyone want their parents dead?" is a spanner in the works regarding David being completely obedient throughout the whole film. Unless you have any thoughts on that, Chrispachi?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

David has a degree of autonomy.  He follows Weyland's orders but he has his own mindset and morality, or lack thereof.  Ash was the same.  He had a directive, but there was a lot going on in his machine mind and in Ian Holm's riveting performance.

Weyland ordered him to test the black material on a human subject.  Holloway had already gotten on his bad side.  The twain met and David was able to combine business with pleasure.

David also had a good guess that taking Weyland and co. to the Engineer could lead to their demise - something he was clearly okay with - but it was orders.  Once again, the twain meets.  He's a complex character.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Plus it seems that they toyed with the idea that David admires the engineers and finds himself an equal to them and thinks he is better than humans. It was in the first drafts of the script. Abd even in the movie he gave this impression when discovering all the little things. So they might toy with this idea, have David extremely curious about the engineers. And now that they are heading there, who knows what he is capable of to please them, or learn more about them

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think that's certainly still implicit in the final film.

He's fascinated by them and deeply resents humanity and its failings.

mn2movies

mn2movies

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 12, 2012, 01:30:36 PM
Yea, supposedly he can't, or is it doesn't "want" to be disappointed. Yet it is clear he understands what it means to be disappointed and what to want something is. I guess it all falls back to, what is a soul. Clearly as children most of us are taught that killing is wrong. For example. However that education or train of thought is quickly undone in military training. So what does it mean to have a soul? To feel guilty? Is that enough?

Quote from: Kol on Oct 12, 2012, 01:27:39 PM
Quote from: samoht on Oct 12, 2012, 01:03:10 PM
David mentions that something is "From a movie I like". He obviously has a concept of 'like'. Maybe he has a conscience of sorts. I'd prefer it if he did.

Cal seems to have a conscience. She's so moody and she thought she was a human and got all shitty about being a robot.

although, i like winona ryder, she was the worst robot ever. i saw none robotic behaviour in her acting.
Well what else did you expect from a robot designed and built by other robots. :laugh: :P
i agree, they only made robots/replicants more human as they went on, and also supposedly the blade runner universe is now linked to the alien universe, either way, they are keeping it like the old sci fi, so i am very happy, go ridley go

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

If they build on his creepy/semi-harmful robot infatuation with her into a one way romance I'd be totally cool with it.

That and better monsters, I want my f**king creature feature. Less Neville Page looking at animal assholes for inspiration to design boring ed wood squids and a concept team "exhausted" with redesigning the engineers when they've been 90% designed by geegs since 1979.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed