I know exactly what Prometheus needs!!!

Started by JoeyBlow, Sep 25, 2012, 09:00:19 PM

Author
I know exactly what Prometheus needs!!! (Read 2,820 times)

JoeyBlow

Prometheus needs something like what the Animatrix was to the Matrix in the interim of waiting for the sequel. Animatrix explained a lot that was not explained in the Matrix films. How would you guys feel about maybe a graphic novel or some CGI shorts to further hash out some of the Engineers story?

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: JoeyBlow on Sep 25, 2012, 09:00:19 PM
Prometheus needs something like what the Animatrix was to the Matrix in the interim of waiting for the sequel. Animatrix explained a lot that was not explained in the Matrix films. How would you guys feel about maybe a graphic novel or some CGI shorts to further hash out some of the Engineers story?

I saw the title of this thread and thought to myself "here we go again", but y'know what.......I really like this idea. It'd be great to have some animation shorts delve into the Engineer lore, so to speak.

whiterabbit

I would love a Prometheus anime. It's a damn shame there has never been an anime alien series or movie. That would be one of the greatest things ever. Damn trilobite does kind of screw that up though. However that being said the animatrix sucked. imo. :P

Zenzucht

One does never know what are the Wachowskis about to do next.. :)

Jango1201

I like this idea actually. Couple of short stories certainly couldn't hurt in expanding apon certain ideas. :)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Zenzucht on Sep 25, 2012, 10:31:39 PM
One does never know what are the Wachowskis about to do next.. :)
"It's changing!"
Spoiler

"Changing into what?"
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

On topic:
Yeah, that idea has a lot of potential. In both directions.  :P
And it could keep the hype alive while Ridley is busy with a few hundred other movies.

Negatronix

Im going against the majority here. Im saying no to the cg shorts. I feel more story regarding engineers will cause me to resent Prom more, and will lock things into the background story that should be left to our imaginations. I think Scott should pick a few of the big areas he stepped in, and figure out a reasonable and realistic way to resolve them in Prom2. There are probably tons of pros and cons for a few shorts, but for me Id rather wait.

My hope is that Prom2 leaves Prom1 far behind and either shows us where the engineers come from, and why they created us or who created them, and our purpose as a species in that scenario. I truely hope the goo is left to P1, as well as all the lame creatures it used as crutches.

whiterabbit

You know what Prometheus really needed, to be narrated by James Earl Jones.

Highland

That came after the trilogy though. Explaining it now shoe horns you in. I don't think there is a grand plan for these movie's, I'd say they have a very loose understanding of where it might go.

Zenzucht

Quote from: Highland on Sep 26, 2012, 03:54:06 AM

That came after the trilogy though. Explaining it now shoe horns you in. I don't think there is a grand plan for these movie's, I'd say they have a very loose understanding of where it might go.

The Wachowskis presented The Matrix to Joel Silver (producer) and creative team as a trilogy right from the beginning. Of course, they had to prove themselves to studio by another movie, before The Matrix was greenlighted.

The Animatrix was born from the fact that the Wachowskis are authors of several comic books. After the success of The Matrix, they were doing a press tour in Japan, where they got in touch with the manga people and auters they admired. That was in 1999/2000. Shooting of the Reloaded and Revolution begun in 2001.

Yes, there's something interesting in the idea of making a bunch of shorts about the engineers.

Highland

Quote from: Zenzucht on Sep 26, 2012, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 26, 2012, 03:54:06 AM

The Wachowskis presented The Matrix to Joel Silver (producer) and creative team as a trilogy right from the beginning. Of course, they had to prove themselves to studio by another movie, before The Matrix was greenlighted.

The Animatrix was born from the fact that the Wachowskis are authors of several comic books. After the success of The Matrix, they were doing a press tour in Japan, where they got in touch with the manga people and auters they admired. That was in 1999/2000. Shooting of the Reloaded and Revolution begun in 2001.

and we know none of this happened for Prometheus, so.........

Barringer

I was surprised that there wasn't any multimedia cross-promotion of Prometheus, e.g. by Dark Horse comics. I think doing another wave of comics/novels would be a good way to sustain interest, though I suspect the sequel would inevitably poop all over any sense of continuity.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Barringer on Sep 27, 2012, 12:44:09 AM
I was surprised that there wasn't any multimedia cross-promotion of Prometheus, e.g. by Dark Horse comics. I think doing another wave of comics/novels would be a good way to sustain interest

While not Dark Horse, Titan Books rereleased a bunch of old Alien/Aliens books to tie in with Prometheus.

SM

SM

None of which actually tie into it.   ;) Any licensee wanting to link Alien with Prometheus need to buy the seperate Promethues license.

Maybe DH got jack of making comics that tie into movies only for future movies to shit all over them.  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What Prometheus would need is to be erased from the space-time continuum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed