Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 86,809 times)

Promethée

So I just watched the original and compared with the extended versions (the weyland dialogue & the final fight)

To me the Theatrical cut is ruined, (I wasn't happy with it anyway) it feels like a joke, seriously the last scene is like an insult,

-David: "he's coming"
-E.Shaw: "Who's coming" (stupid question in both versions)
-computer: bip bip
-Engineer: Aaaaarrrrrr !!!!
-E.S: "Diiiieeee!!" pushes a buton hentai monster grabs engineer 

Total 25 seconds long

Darth Vile

Can someone send me a link to the deleted scenes???

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 19, 2012, 04:51:54 PM
Can someone send me a link to the deleted scenes???

http://www.sockshare.com/file/BBCA9A4FC6B645A6

.....there ya go buddy!

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Promethée on Sep 19, 2012, 04:49:15 PM
So I just watched the original and compared with the extended versions (the weyland dialogue & the final fight)

To me the Theatrical cut is ruined, (I wasn't happy with it anyway) it feels like a joke, seriously the last scene is like an insult,

Total 25 seconds long

Yup.  And the Ridley apologists will continue to defend his theatrical cut even with all these deleted scenes that would have added something to the film. :laugh:

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 19, 2012, 05:16:11 PM

Total 25 seconds long

Yup.  And the Ridley apologists will continue to defend his theatrical cut even with all these deleted scenes that would have added something to the film. :laugh:

Or they'll defend it simply because they enjoyed it more.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Virgil on Sep 19, 2012, 05:22:56 PM

Total 25 seconds long

Or they'll defend it because it did exactly what it said on the tin.... and who's going to argue against that except the purists. :P

fiveways

fiveways

Wow.  That last scene was great, and it is pretty obvious that was taken out to secure a PG-13.  A fire axe as a weapon is not something commonly scene in a PG-13 movie.

Bat Chain Puller

So far I can see why most of the scenes were cut/trimmed. The saddest scene to have lost so far was probably Janek fills Vickers in. LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the scene they replaced it with. I can see why they had to ditch it. For pacing reasons. But it's the equivalent of having to lose an arm in order to escape death through a narrow passage. You miss the arm. You really could have used that arm ... "if only."

I really liked the additional Engineer stuff. But Ridley already explained why that was cut. You don't have to agree with him. But given a glimpse into his thought process you can see why he trimmed out as much as he did.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 19, 2012, 05:27:41 PM
Quote from: Virgil on Sep 19, 2012, 05:22:56 PM

Total 25 seconds long

Or they'll defend it because it did exactly what it said on the tin.... and who's going to argue against that except the purists. :P

My point being that there'll be many people out there who prefer the pacing of the theatrical cut no different to those who still love Bladerunner's. Not myself personally, and I imagine I'd much prefer an extended cut of Prometheus, though I think it's a little ignorant to assume anybody who differs in opinion is some kind of 'apologist' or whatever the hell that's suppose to mean.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 19, 2012, 05:31:16 PM
So far I can see why most of the scenes were cut/trimmed. The saddest scene to have lost so far was probably Janek fills Vickers in. LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the scene they replaced it with. I can see why they had to ditch it. For pacing reasons. But it's the equivalent of having to lose an arm in order to escape death through a narrow passage. You miss the arm. You really could have used that arm ... "if only."

I really liked the additional Engineer stuff. But Ridley already explained why that was cut. You don't have to agree with him. But given a glimpse into his thought process you can see why he trimmed out as much as he did.

I dunno about that, the editing is so bad on this film the pacing is all over the place anyway, the sense of urgency ruined by the fact you can just tell some thing's are missing.

Cvalda

Cvalda

"Dramatically, I'm about putting bums on seats.  For me to separate my idea of commerce from art—I'd be a fool.  You can't do that.  I wouldn't be allowed to do the films I do.  So I'm very user friendly as far as the studios are concerned.  To a certain extent, I'm a businessman.  I'm aware that's what I have to do.  It's my job.  To say, "Screw the audience."  You can't do that.  "Am I communicating?" is the question.  Am I communicating?  Because if I'm not, I need to address it."

His thought process = $$$$$$$$$.

It's amusing that he says he doesn't want to screw the audience, and that's just what he did.

Michael Harper

I wonder when the PARADISE scene will hit the web.

Vickers

Vickers

Whatever the apologists want to tell themselves...

Spoiler
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 19, 2012, 05:37:06 PM
"Dramatically, I'm about putting bums on seats.  For me to separate my idea of commerce from art—I'd be a fool.  You can't do that.  I wouldn't be allowed to do the films I do.  So I'm very user friendly as far as the studios are concerned.  To a certain extent, I'm a businessman.  I'm aware that's what I have to do.  It's my job.  To say, "Screw the audience."  You can't do that.  "Am I communicating?" is the question.  Am I communicating?  Because if I'm not, I need to address it."

His thought process = $$$$$$$$$.

It's amusing that he says he doesn't want to screw the audience, and that's just what he did.

Wears his heart on his sleeve doesn't he?

In the last 10 years (or maybe more) his films has benefited from extended cuts. I'm sure with more time to ponder just how those pieces fit ... we'll get something we can all agree is the best product given the elements at hand.

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 19, 2012, 05:36:33 PM
I dunno about that, the editing is so bad on this film the pacing is all over the place anyway, the sense of urgency ruined by the fact you can just tell some thing's are missing.

To me it feels stretched out more than anything. I can FEEL that they removed the real last act and everything leading up to it and wrote in a couple more "Back to the Temple" scenes.

T Dog

T Dog

One thing is for sure, this film was NOT "epic" and did not have "big ideas".
It all took place in three areas for crying out loud. Temple, ship, outdoors.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed