Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 85,482 times)

ikarop

ikarop

iTunes has released the HD digital version of Prometheus today which features 4 new alternate and deleted scenes from the film. Below you can find a selection of exclusive images from said scenes, including the “The Engineer Speaks” and “Final Battle”. The other two additional scenes are “Skin” and “Janek fills Vickers in”. You can grab your copy of the film here or here at the official store.

Click on the read more button to see all the images.

This digital release also includes audio commentary from Ridley Scott as well as a “Transmision” featurette video (2:43 min) similar to the one released earlier this month.

Cvalda

Cvalda

These looks very interesting, especially the extended stuff from the Shaw vs. Engineer scene. Looks like the Engineer was actually a character in the original cut of the film instead of a stupid slasher villain in the final cut.

Vickers

Vickers

These are unfinished:

:'(

ikarop

ikarop

Shaw hits the engineer with the axe a few times. His blood is colored black and for some reason his face/body isn't burned in these. Then it appears burned at the very end of the scene. Guess they didn't finalize the CGI for this scene either.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Well, there's another blow to any seamless fan edit.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 18, 2012, 06:03:45 AM
Shaw hits the engineer with the axe a few times. His blood is colored black and for some reason his face/body isn't burned in these. Then it appears burned at the very end of the scene. Guess they didn't finalize the CGI for this scene either.

So no hopes for a fan edit now. :'( Here's hoping for an extended cut...

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 18, 2012, 06:07:07 AM
Well, there's another blow to any seamless fan edit.

The green screen is there.... you can easily replace that with whatever image you want. That's the point of it.

And was the Jock getting a music boner when he heard that violin? Since they are all down with music and so on.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 18, 2012, 06:07:39 AM
So no hopes for a fan edit now. :'( Here's hoping for an extended cut...
They'd have to CG burn half the Engineer's face for continuity purposes--or subsititute an unmodified shot of the Engineer throwing Noomi against the door. They'd also have to finish the green screen work on those monitors from the Janek Fills Vickers In scene.

Extended cut looking less likely now--at least not anytime soon.

boostedlsj

Wow The Engineer looking very interested in images of a young Shaw are very interesting and seem as if it will give the Engineer some character. Seeing it in motion could really be cool. Whether I will prefer this portrayal won't be decided till I tuck the Blu-Ray into my bloomers and run out of my local multimedia store............then press PLAY!!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited to watch this on Blu Ray at home with my lady and a 12 pack in the fridge.

SpeedyMaxx

The Janek/Vickers scene and the Engineer creep and chase look like keepers - if they were finished.  But I'd have to watch them.  And I'm not willing to pay for a digital copy a couple weeks early.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The scene of the engineer watching the video transmission; almost standing there in awe... probably gets totally ruined once Shaw axes him in the back.

Why was so much of this cut down and out. I don't see the difference between 2 hours and 2:10? They ran out of time. ???

zuzuki

zuzuki

Imagine the engineer being surprised about the humans ability to create something so beautiful as music and being impressed about it. maybe even changes his minds about destroying them and then BAM, he takes a axe to the back and says ''screw this shit'', back to killing mode.
So far from what i see so far it seems that these are alternate scenes just like the ones with Firfield. Ridley filmed both variants just like he said when he was in production. One version for a pg-13 cut and smaller run-time,and another version for a r rating and longer runtime. The only question is why the hell don't they release the whole cut. Right now because these scenes are added as a bonus, i doubt we will see another directors cut in the coming years since all the scenes are available. Shame

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 18, 2012, 07:18:12 AM
The scene of the engineer watching the video transmission; almost standing there in awe... probably gets totally ruined once Shaw axes him in the back.

Why was so much of this cut down and out. I don't see the difference between 2 hours and 2:10? They ran out of time. ???

Actually the Engineer is staring at the video transmission, then David talks to Shaw via radio and consequently gives away her hiding spot. The engineer turns around and sees her, they stare at each other and the fight begins.

The engineer also seems fascinated by the sound Vicker's crystal lamp makes.

Edit: In the audio commentary, Ridley Scott says that the "physical writing of music is a code". Basically says that music is universal which is the reason why he wanted the girl playing the violin on the video transmission.

Alien³

Alien³

If they were to make an extended version I see it coming out a few months before Prometheus 2. If that is made of course. I still have hope for a longer cut.

Darth Vile

After seeing those shots I'd defo like to see more engineer pondering on the achievements of humans (if indeed that's what he is pondering).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed