JUMPING

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 11, 2012, 03:39:08 PM

Author
JUMPING (Read 3,310 times)

Enigma

Enigma

It would be cool to use some kind of hunter attack system from the L4D series. but either letting the alien do A LOT more damage or needing the other marines to help the pounced marine really fast, or he's auto killed. the only melee I can see here is the kind that hinders the alien, not any bloody punches, just pure defence so maaaaybe your comrades can come to your aid.
And yes I agree. Punching an alien is retarded. you wouldn't punch a tiger... you'd try to keep the claws and fangs of you and scream like a little girl (I would  ::))

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Already waxed long-winded in here?

Awwwwwww..............

You kids, goddamnit I love you.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Enigma on Sep 08, 2012, 09:21:15 AM
It would be cool to use some kind of hunter attack system from the L4D series. but either letting the alien do A LOT more damage or needing the other marines to help the pounced marine really fast, or he's auto killed. the only melee I can see here is the kind that hinders the alien, not any bloody punches, just pure defence so maaaaybe your comrades can come to your aid.
And yes I agree. Punching an alien is retarded. you wouldn't punch a tiger... you'd try to keep the claws and fangs of you and scream like a little girl (I would  ::))

Sorry to say but I completely disagree with you... if a tiger pounced on me I would immediately commence the eye-gouging and begin punching f*ck out of it, probably all for naught though... :)

No tigers were harmed in the making of this post.

WinterActual

WinterActual

It would be cool to use some kind of hunter attack system from the L4D series.
There is already attack like that, just watch the 1 hour long gameplay vid.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 08, 2012, 01:52:24 PM
It would be cool to use some kind of hunter attack system from the L4D series.
There is already attack like that, just watch the 1 hour long gameplay vid.

I've never played/watched L4D but I assume your talking about the arc-aimed lurker pounce?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yes, in L4D its the same but its instant - I mean you just crouch and if you press attack you will pounce on the enemy.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Aah right, I have to admit I think I like the sound of ACMs pounce better since you actually have to aim via an arc and I can't really see people pouncing on marines mid-action, from the looks of things, it forces lurker players to hide in the shadows and then leap out at their victim due to the time it would take to aim, predict the target's next movements etc.

What is your opinion?

WinterActual

WinterActual

I hope this "aim" means some delay, which is better. In L4D you can spam the bounce as long as you want until you don't hit somebody and actually grab him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed